• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Non-Story Pokémon SwSh Datamine Thread (SPOILER WARNING, It's Finally Here!)

Is it too sad that I plan to catch a Hattena and play with it for a while, then catch a Gigantamax Hatterene, while pretending like the latter is the same Pokemon?
I think you are free to do anything you want, though I don’t think you’ll be able to do that in the main story. Gigantamax are level 60 upon catching and they are seemingly really rare.

Nope. Gigantamax isn't inheritable, and can only be attainable if a Pokemon is caught at the stage it's Dynamaxable at.

For example, catching any Chewtle in a raid will never cause it evolve into a Gigantamaxable Drednaw. In addition, not every Drednaw you find in a raid will be Gigantmaxable, only Dynamaxable.
Did we ever get a definitive answer? Cause a leaker only bred Charmander once nor do I think he said he used everstone or anything

Nope. Gigantamax isn't inheritable, and can only be attainable if a Pokemon is caught at the stage it's Dynamaxable at.

For example, catching any Chewtle in a raid will never cause it evolve into a Gigantamaxable Drednaw. In addition, not every Drednaw you find in a raid will be Gigantmaxable, only Dynamaxable.
Where exactly are you getting this information from?

Serebii has a preliminary version exclusives list and there are a couple that stood out to me:

- Giga Machamp, Coalossal and Flapple raid battles are in Sword, while Giga Gengar, Lapras and Appletun raid battles are in Shield. You can apparently get the ones in the opposite version by playing doing Raids together.

- The item to evolve Applin to either Flapple or Appletun is exclusive, which I guess explains the confusion surrounding them during the leaks.

- And, perhaps most interesting, is Indeede. Apparently the Male version is exclusive to Sword and the Female version is exclusive to Shield. I think this seems like a very unusual version exclusive to include.

Serebii has a preliminary version exclusives list and there are a couple that stood out to me:

- Giga Machamp, Coalossal and Flapple raid battles are in Sword, while Giga Gengar, Lapras and Appletun raid battles are in Shield. You can apparently get the ones in the opposite version by playing doing Raids together.

- The item to evolve Applin to either Flapple or Appletun is exclusive, which I guess explains the confusion surrounding them during the leaks.

- And, perhaps most interesting, is Indeede. Apparently the Male version is exclusive to Sword and the Female version is exclusive to Shield. I think this seems like a very unusual version exclusive to include.
...they... version exclusive'd gender differences? Seriously?

I notice that the games in general seem pretty gendered with the more cutesy version exclusives (and even the female Indeedee) all going to Shield- yet the box mascots are swapped in that regard with the prettier wolf going to Sword. Not a fan of that much.

Lol. Remember when I was wondering if GF was phasing out location evolutions?

Get a load of Galarian Yamask’s requirement, according to Serebii:

“Presently has more than 49 Hit Points in damage, is not knocked out. Walk under stone arch in Dusty Bowl”

Also, Farfetch’d evolves by KOing 3 Pokémon in one battle, and Alcremie’s flavor depends on the time of day when you spin Milcery around, as well as the number of times it’s turned and the direction it’s turned in.

Lol. Remember when I was wondering if GF was phasing out location evolutions?

Get a load of Galarian Yamask’s requirement, according to Serebii:

“Presently has more than 49 Hit Points in damage, is not knocked out. Walk under stone arch in Dusty Bowl”

Also, Farfetch’d evolves by KOing 3 Pokémon in one battle, and Alcremie’s flavor depends on the time of day when you spin Milcery around, as well as the number of times it’s turned and the direction it’s turned in.
Those are the most ridiculous evolution methods we've ever had. How is anyone supposed to figure these out without looking them up?

Also I'm not sure that Milcery requires Pokémon Camp at all in order to evolve.

The way that Serebii words it, it seems you just give it one of the Sweets as a held item, and then spin your character around using the control stick. One of the dataminers put together a table for each flavor's requirements, but apparently the Rainbow Swirl is hidden. Might be saved for an event or it might require something special. or it might be buried next to Floette and Magearna lol

Edit: anons on 4chan say you can get Rainbow Swirl by spinning for well over a minute in either direction

Serebii is also reporting that the Tart and Sweet Apples needed for Applin's evolution are indeed version-exclusive. Tart in Sword, Sweet in Shield.

Furthermore, I had been wondering why Sinistea and Polteageist each have two sprites on the leaked spritesheet. It seems that it's kind of a Pumpkaboo-esque thing, in that most Sinistea inhabit forgeries of an antique teacup, but rarely you'll find an authentic one. The forgeries required the Cracked Pot to evolve, while the authentic ones require the Chipped Pot. There doesn't appear to be a difference in stats or moves, however, and I'm not sure there's even an aesthetic difference, so...

Last edited:
Oh, I just noticed that Toxel is in the Undiscovered egg group. That makes it our first Baby Pokémon since Gen 4!

The fossils are in that group too, unlike all previous fossil Pokémon. Presumably because these ones are twisted, suppurating, damnable abominations incapable of love or any feeling other than pain.

Do we have a list on movesets for each pokemon?

Part 1
Part 2

Last edited:
How far in are the fossils this time around?

I'm only loosely confident in this answer but I remember one of the streamers getting them right before the fourth badge.

Those are the most ridiculous evolution methods we've ever had. How is anyone supposed to figure these out without looking them up?

I still give that honor to Inkay personally, but that might be because I was so determined to finish that Pokedex without looking up any evolutions and that git broke me! :p

Back
Top Bottom