• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Non-Story Pokémon SwSh Datamine Thread (SPOILER WARNING, It's Finally Here!)

Oh, speaking of Eternatus' typing, one thing I feel like hasn't been mentioned much is that Eternatus is our first Poison-type legendary! I think it's especially nice because, while Dark is the Evil type, we already had it used with Darkrai and Yvetal-so instead they used Poison, which was more of the original evil type (commonly used by Rocket grunts) for the first time on our first evil Pokemon!

Oh, speaking of Eternatus' typing, one thing I feel like hasn't been mentioned much is that Eternatus is our first Poison-type legendary! I think it's especially nice because, while Dark is the Evil type, we already had it used with Darkrai and Yvetal-so instead they used Poison, which was more of the original evil type (commonly used by Rocket grunts) for the first time on our first evil Pokemon!

I do like that read, although, is Eternatus really all that evil? I don't get the sense that it caused the Darkest Day on purpose since it seems to warp spacetime just by its very existence.

I do like that read, although, is Eternatus really all that evil? I don't get the sense that it caused the Darkest Day on purpose since it seems to warp spacetime just by its very existence.

I like to think Rose messed with Eternatus somewhat.

Does the player have access to Eternamax? And has anyone tried to Dynamax Zacian/Zamazenta/Eternatus, and if yes, does something unique happen?

I’m watching the play throughs and one thing I’ve observed is that the amount of times you’re simply teleported from location to location seems very high.
I wanted to go inside the stadium myself... (or at least watch someone do it)

Does the player have access to Eternamax?

"Eternamax," outside of the climactic boss battle, is essentially just like Zenith Marshadow - a form that exists only in a certain move animation. Eternatus briefly takes that form in the animation of its signature move Eternabeam, but it's entirely cosmetic.

And has anyone tried to Dynamax Zacian/Zamazenta/Eternatus, and if yes, does something unique happen?

Eternatus can't Dynamax. I'm not sure about Z/Z since I don't have access to one yet but I'm gonna guess it's the same for them. It seems they're intended to work more as Dynamax-busters, via their signature moves.

I suppose this makes sense lore-wise - after all, why would Eternatus be affected by its own energy like that (Eternamax seems more like a Zygarde- or Necrozma-esque form change for it in all but mechanics), and if the wolves were susceptible, how would they have (story) stopped the Darkest Day in the past?

Edit w/update: Zacian is not able to Dynamax in either form.

I’m watching the play throughs and one thing I’ve observed is that the amount of times you’re simply teleported from location to location seems very high.
I wanted to go inside the stadium myself... (or at least watch someone do it)

I can't say it really felt like this to me. What point in the game are you watching?

Last edited:
"Eternamax," outside of the climactic boss battle, is essentially just like Zenith Marshadow - a form that exists only in a certain move animation. Eternatus briefly takes that form in the animation of its signature move Eternabeam, but it's entirely cosmetic.

It may get a new ability and something different in sequel games probably.
It can absorb energy... a hint?
I think there will be more legendaries related what happened to the wolfes afterwards.

Interesting that is clearly name wise is related to the Avengers: Endgame movie for eng and jap names...

we got 3 legendary signature moves SE against Dynamax/Gigantamax/Eternamax thats impresive,
but no pokemon that would block the transformations? Both wolfes without them? Interesting.

Could mean that Titanamax and Celestiamax are somewhere out there...

Poison/dragon against fairies, we got now 3, I non legendary and UB, all 3 special attackers and the legendaries are speed canons. Hope next gen introduces a physical poison/dragon, or we may get a mega in gen 4 sequel? there are some interesting candidates, Arbok, Seviper, Dorapion.

They can really improve the sequel by adding more additions to old moves and abilities, new signature moves , adding more formes(Cramorant needs more pokemon in both Gorgle and Gulp form)...
Now they will have the base to do it.

Last edited:
Interesting that is clearly name wise is related to the Avengers: Endgame movie for eng and jap names...
Excuse meNo? It’s based on the literal word "Eternal" (meaning lasting forever, before you try to relate it to the eternal s or something). It’s literally an eternal source of Dynamax energy, not related to those movies whatsoever.

According to Bulbapedia: English name is Eternal + death and Japanese name is Infinity/Eternal+Dynamax.
Not everything with infinity in it is related to Marvel.

And if they wanted to add new signature moves and forms they already had the "base" with them. They’ve had Sword/Shield with them to experiment with for a lot of time. I don’t see any new forms unless the Pokémon is special in some way along with being a promotional cash cow.

It may get a new ability and something different in sequel games probably.
It can absorb energy... a hint?
I think there will be more legendaries related what happened to the wolfes afterwards.

we got 3 legendary signature moves SE against Dynamax/Gigantamax/Eternamax thats impresive,
but no pokemon that would block the transformations? Both wolfes without them? Interesting.

Could mean that Titanamax and Celestiamax are somewhere out there...

Poison/dragon against fairies, we got now 3, I non legendary and UB, all 3 special attackers and the legendaries are speed canons. Hope next gen introduces a physical poison/dragon, or we may get a mega in gen 4 sequel? there are some interesting candidates, Arbok, Seviper, Dorapion.

They can really improve the sequel by adding more additions to old moves and abilities, new signature moves , adding more formes(Cramorant needs more pokemon in both Gorgle and Gulp form)...
Now they will have the base to do it.
Cramorant doesn't need more pokemon to fire out of its beak... and 30/35 of the new moves are signature moves. We don't need more signature moves this gen.

I don't know what you're getting "Titanamax" and "Celestiamax" from but I doubt they exist. Gigantamax is just Dynamax with forms and exclusive moves, and Eternamax is just a boss-battle exclusive Gigantamax for Eternatus.

Also... Avengers, what? No. Definitely no. Completely unrelated.

what for weird reactions... anger issues? home problems?
My reactions are pretty similar to those of other users: not weird at all: or else:
  1. Either the mods would have done something about it (the rules about decorum are harsher here than other places I’ve seen, which is a good thing).
  2. Four users wouldn’t have liked the post.
In fact it’s you being weird by bringing up people’s personal lives when they point out two things that’ve got no connection at all. We’re just pointing out the things that are very, very unlikely to happen.

And you quoted @Oriden while attacking me for no reason? What? We’re different users and you quoted one while attacking the other, even though both of our posts are coming from similar points of view.

yeah you are right its childish when someone wants something and the other kid says you cant have it because his parents always tell him that...

yeah all can criticise me for my opinions I know that but why saying no only to say no???
Nobody's said anything about an authority figure saying no, and nobody's saying no just to say no. Everybody's explained to you exactly why they don't think your ideas are likely. And some of these are just facts- there's no reason to assume that there's such a thing as Titanimax and Celestimax just because we don't have a Pokemon that prevents Dynamaxing. There's nothing connecting Eternatus to Avengers Endgame- that film only released this year, and SwSh has been in development for far longer. And it's not remotely similar in wording, either-Eternal and End Game are two different concepts that are pretty different, and the Japanese names are even further apart- End Game in Japanese is still titled End Game, while Eternatu's Japanese name is Mugendaina-the closest similarity is that it has the word "end" in it. By that logic, I could say Eternatus has a connection to Where the Sidewalk Ends.

Do we know if the new Dex entries for the 35 transfer-only Pokémon are displayed anywhere in the game? Has anyone sent a Poké Ball Plus Mew over yet? I've seen lots of "full Galar Pokédex" videos, but they all just do the native 400/400. I'm mainly just wondering where the bonus Pokémon would fall in the Pokédex - after the 400, akin to Mythicals, or just nowhere at all like in Sun & Moon (but if that were the case, then why write new entries?).

Last edited:
Do we know if the new Dex entries for the 35 transfer-only Pokémon are displayed anywhere in the game? Has anyone transferred a Mew over yet? I've seen lots of "full Galar Pokédex" videos but they all just do the native 400/400. I'm mainly just wondering where the bonus Pokémon would fall in the Pokédex - after the 400, akin to Mythicals, or just nowhere at all like in Sun & Moon. (But if that were the case, then why write new entries?)
Serebii doesn't list numbers either. I don't know what's up with that.

How does Cosmoem evolve in these games? Both Bulbapedia and Serebii just state the old Sun/Moon evolution method. Does that mean it can't evolve at all?

How does Cosmoem evolve in these games? Both Bulbapedia and Serebii just state the old Sun/Moon evolution method. Does that mean it can't evolve at all?
That's probably the case here, unless it gets fixed with a patch somewhere down the line.

Back
Top Bottom