• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

NONARY GAME! - AMBIDEX EDITION - 3/26/2014 ROUND ZERO - HAVE A NICE ESCAPE

Status
Not open for further replies.

HumanDawn

Living the rich life
Reaction score
Nonary Game
Ambidex Edition

Based on the popular game from the Zero Escape series, Virtue's Last Reward

What is the Nonary game? How does this edition of the game work?

The Nonary game is a game that needs only 9 people involved in it to play it. This edition of the game has you have a bracelet with 3 points. To win you need to get 9 points, and to lose, either you get 0 or less points, resulting in you dying and being removed from the game, or somebody gets 9 points first and decide to leave instead of waiting for others to have the chance to win.

How does the game function and how do you get or lose points?

From the 9 players, 3 groups will be made consisting of 3 players each randomly. 2 players from each group will be a pair, while the other remaining 3rd player will be a solo. There will be six rooms, with each pair and solo needing to go in one of the rooms. In the room they will be given the choice to pick one of two choices, Ally or Betray, which have to be sent privately. If both parties pick Ally in the group, both of them will gain 2 points. If one party picks Betray and the other picks Ally, the party that has picked Betray gains +3 points, while their opponent loses 2 points. If both parties pick Betray, neither gain or lose points. Those in a pair in a group will both get or lose the points from the choices, while those who are solo in a group will be the only ones affected.

If you're in a pair:

ally-or-betray2-11-8-2012.jpg

If one party from the group does not vote in time, their vote will default to Ally. If both parties, the pair and solo, don't vote, all 3 will lose and thus die.

The results will be pending when the round is over and posted in thread for everyone to see, where you'll know who voted who and how much points they have.

When the results are posted, new groups with the same amount of 3 players and set up will be made, but the players will all probably be different, maybe even changing from pairs to solos and solos to pairs. This will all be done randomly. There will always be 6 who are pairs and 3 who are solos.

You can also talk privately with anyone, but once a choice is made from your party you can not talk with anyone other than your partner if you're in a pair. Additionally, in a pair, when you vote, you have to include both me and your partner in the recipients list.

Then this should be easy, everyone just has to vote Ally three times for everyone to win!

Not quite. One player will be the "Mafia" of this game. If they manage to escape, all the "Town" players will lose. A Town member/s can leave along with the Mafia member, but they will lose. Once somebody escapes by opening the Number 9 door, the game will be over. The Town player can choose to still compete if they have 9 or more points, but their points will still be affected and if they get lower than 9 points from being betrayed, they will not be able to escape. If they escape being the only person with 9 points, then they will be the only winner, but if there's another Town player with 9 points, they can win with them, but they are free to leave like the other Town player, and if either decides to leave, both will win leaving the players who don't have 9 points to all lose.

What happens when somebody dies?

The game will still consider there being 9 players. That player's bracelet would still be randomized, and if it ends up being a solo, it will default to ally, making the pair free to choose betray to gain +3 points. If both the players in the pair are dead, then they will naturally default to ally, and if the solo is the only one alive they are free to choose betray to get +3. They still have to choose whether or not to pick ally or betray, as if they don't, then they will die instead of both groups being defaulted to ally.

Is it better to choose Ally or Betray?

zero-escape-ally-betray.jpg

It is safest to choose Betray. When you choose Betray, you can't lose points. You will either gain 3 points, or your points will not change. However, choosing Betray puts your opponent at risk of losing points, and if they choose Betray as well, you will gain no points, but unfortunately this lets other players not in your group have the chance to get more points than you.

Choosing Ally is best for your opponent, because the opponent can't lose points if you do. The opponent will either gain 3 points if they choose Betray with you losing 2 points, or they gain 2 points if they choose Ally. However, choosing Ally puts you at risk of losing points.

Rules:

1) No flaming and baiting.

2) Updates will be done at 10PM GMT+1. All rounds will last 48 hours but if everyone votes when 24 hours pass the round will end much earlier.

3) No cheating.

4) I need to be involved in all kinds of private conversations.

5) No screenshots. Pictures with reactions and the kind are fine but screenshots used to prove something somebody said to you privately is not. This also involves copy pasting something somebody has said, even if it's fake.

6) You can also talk privately with anyone, but once a choice is made from your party you can not talk with anyone other than your partner if you're in a pair. Additionally, in a pair, when you vote, you have to include both me and your partner in the recipients list.

If you break one of these rules you will be penalized, being killed immediately with the poison from the bracelet killing you.

Players:

1) @Midorikawa; (Toma) - TOWN
2) @ghaskan; (Nidai Nekomaru) - TOWN
3) @Zima; (Russia) -TOWN, WON
4) @Lysandre; (Jean Descole) - TOWN
5) @FinalArcadia; (Akira Takizawa) - TOWN, WON
6) @Gaga; (Weiss Schnee) - MAFIA
7) @GastlyGibus; (Atton Rand) -TOWN
8) @The_Pikachu; (Asuna Yuki) - TOWN
9) @BMGF Anime Master; (Yang Xiao Long) - TOWN

Substitutes:

1) Dark Chocolate (Yato, if DC subs in for somebody the character will be switched as well)
2) BMGF Anime Master

Please choose a character or person(real life or fictional) you would like to be in the game! No need for descriptions, names are fine. It could even be your own original character, just anyone! Or maybe... even yourself.

If you have any questions you can ask away! I might have missed some things.

Last edited:
Re: NONARY GAME! - AMBIDEX EDITION - 3/15/2014 SIGN UPS!

Sure, I'll sign up as Nekomaru Nidai! (maybe I should change my avatar to fit, hehe)

Let's hope I don't suck at this too much.

This sounds incredibly fun.

I'd like to be... LMAO. Do I really have to say it?

No thank you. ^_^; Dammit, Human. Making me have to say it even though my character choice should be incredibly obvious and/or predictable.

Russia. (The Hetalia character)

Sounds awesome, I'm in! Sign me up as Jean Descole.

No thank you. ^_^; Dammit, Human. Making me have to say it even though my character choice should be incredibly obvious and/or predictable.

Russia. (The Hetalia character)

LOL

Yeah I knew you'd pick him, just teasing, and thanks for specifying, I might have just put in the country XD. although it's characters only

I'd like in, with Akira Takizawa as my character!

In!
Rachel Alucard, actually. I am theming her already.

May I join? I guess Asuna Yuki perhaps.

Now that the spots are all filled up the game will start soon! Game start pending...

1) @Midorikawa; (Toma) - 3
2) @ghaskan; (Nidai Nekomaru) - 3
3) @Zima; (Russia) - 3
4) @Lysandre; (Jean Descole) - 3
5) @FinalArcadia; (Akira Takizawa) - 3
6) @Gaga; (Weiss Schnee) - 3
7) @GastlyGibus; (Atton Rand) - 3
8) @The_Pikachu; (Asuna Yuki) - 3
9) @BMGF Anime Master; (Yang Xiao Long) - 3

Round 1 - Have A Nice Game!

The players who were abducted woke up in a strange warehouse. They didn't know why each of them were abducted, and they couldn't find any connections with each other except only one with Yang Xiao Long and Weiss Schnee, who claimed to have went to the same school together and were both abducted while they were taking a walk together.

Suddenly, the screen in the warehouse lit up, and an AI bunny started talking in the screen. "Hello Ladies and Gentlemen! I welcome you to the Nonary Game! Ambidex Edition! My name is Lagomorph and I will be the host of this game! Now I'll start to explain this game..." The strange bunny went on in a lot of detail about how the game operated, and after many questions of how the game worked from the players, they got the gist of the game and were ready to play it. Nidai Nekomaru, who had met a an AI bear who hosted a similar game, asked where Lagomorph was hiding...

2361540-zero_escape_vol._2__virtue_s_last_reward__17_.jpg

The only question they didn't receive and answer of was why were they abducted. They seemed to come from all sorts of places, and some of them were secretive on their background, saying it didn't matter and that it was very private.

"All right! Here are your groups along with all your points... Those with a plus are a pairs and those who don't have any are solos!"

BMGF Anime Master(3) + Ghaskan(3) vs Zima(3)

Gastlygibus(3) + Gaga (3) vs The_Pikachu (3)

FinalArcadia(3) + Lysandre(3) vs Midorikawa (3)

The phase will end in around hours, at 10 PM GMT+1 in 3/17/2014.

There is no need to confirm your roles.

You may vote your choice privately, but once you do, you will not be able to talk in the thread until the round is over, and can only talk to your pair partner privately. Once a vote/s is put privately I will say in thread who voted, but not what they voted. With that, good luck! If you have any questions feel free to ask me.

Supplementary Rules: Anyone can talk privately with anyone regardless of groups before placing their vote.

VOTERS:

(The_Pikachu)
(Midorikawa)
(FinalArcadia
Lysandre)
(Gaga
GastlyGibus)
(BMGF Anime Master
ghaskan)
(Zima)

Last edited:
Re: NONARY GAME! - AMBIDEX EDITION - 3/15/2014 ROUND ONE

1) @Midorikawa; (Toma)
2) @ghaskan; (Nidai Nekomaru)
3) @Zima; (Russia)
4) @Lysandre; (Jean Descole)
5) @FinalArcadia; (Akira Takizawa)
6) @Gaga; (Weiss Schnee)
7) @GastlyGibus; (Atton Rand)
8) @The_Pikachu; (Asuna Yuki)
9) @BMGF Anime Master; (Yang Xiao Long)

ROUND 2 - Have A Nice Traitor!

The pairs and solos came out of their respective rooms after voting time ended. There was a wide range of emotions in the players that came out. Some shivered, wondering if their choice was the right one or not, some relieved, being happy that they were a step closer to leaving and winning. They all looked at the screen, awaiting the results...

Here are the results of this round...

GROUP 1: ghaskan + BMGF Anime Master vs. Zima

Pair:

ghaskan + BMGF Anime Master

Choice:

Ally

Solo:

Zima

Choice:

Betray

Result:

ghaskan (3) - 2 = (1)
BMGF Anime master (3) - 2 = (1)
Zima (3) + 3 = (6)

GROUP 2: Gaga + GastlyGibus vs. The_Pikachu

Pair:

Gaga + GastlyGibus

Choice:

Betray

Solo:

The_Pikachu

Choice:

Betray

Result:

Gaga (3) + 0 = (3)
GastlyGibus (3) + 0 = (3)
The_Pikachu (3) + 0 = (3)

GROUP 3: FinalArcadia + Lysandre vs. Midorikawa

Pair:

FinalArcadia + Lysandre

Choice:

Betray

Solo:

Midorikawa

Choice:

Ally

Result:

FinalArcadia (3) + 3 = (6)
Lysandre (3) + 3 = (6)
Midorikawa (3) -2 = (1)

Points have been calculated accordingly. Here are the points everyone currently has:

1) @Midorikawa; (Toma) - 1
2) @ghaskan; (Nidai Nekomaru) - 1
3) @Zima; (Russia) - 6
4) @Lysandre; (Jean Descole) - 6
5) @FinalArcadia; (Akira Takizawa) - 6
6) @Gaga; (Weiss Schnee) - 3
7) @GastlyGibus; (Atton Rand) - 3
8) @The_Pikachu; (Asuna Yuki) - 3
9) @BMGF Anime Master; (Yang Xiao Long) - 1

The new groups for this round are...

1. ghaskan(1) + Midorikawa(1) vs Lysandre(6)

2. BMGF Anime Master(1) + The_Pikachu(3) vs Gaga(3)

3. Zima(6) + Gastlygibus(3) vs FinalArcadia(6)

Virtue's Last Reward OST: 2-05 Consternation - YouTube

Shock and horror was filled in those who picked Ally, were they too trusting? Should they have first tried to make conversation publicly before voting? The round began with nobody saying anything... some cried, some didn't care, some were too disgusted at the results. Those who were betrayed were just a step closer to being killed... It made them think negatively of themselves, that they were just trash, a pawn for the benefit of others. All it mattered was winning... no, winning didn't describe it perfectly, it was living.

New Supplementary Rules: In the case that 3 Town die, everyone will lose(even the Mafia). If the Mafia member is killed, all of the Town will win. If you get 9 or more points in the same round that a 3rd player dies, you will still lose.

This round will end in 48 hours at 10PM GMT+1 19/03/2014.

VOTERS:

(ghaskan
Midorikawa)
(Zima
GastlyGibus)
(FinalArcadia)
(Gaga)
(The_Pikachu
BMGF Anime Master)

Last edited:
Re: NONARY GAME! - AMBIDEX EDITION - 3/17/2014 ROUND TWO - HAVE A NICE TRAITOR

Going to talk before I vote.