• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Nonary Game: Ambidex Edition v2 - Endgame - 22/5/2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Pronouns
  1. He/Him
Hello and welcome to a new round of the Nonary Game: Ambidex Edition!

How this game works:

The Nonary Game is a game that needs only 9 people involved in it to play it. In the Ambidex Edition, all players have a bracelet with 3 Bracelet Points (BP). To win you need to get 9 points. There are 2 ways to lose:
Either you get 0 or less points, which will result in you dying and being removed from the game, or somebody gets 9 points first and decides to leave instead of waiting for others to have the chance to win.

From the 9 players, 3 groups will be made consisting of 3 players each. 2 players from each group will be a Pair, while the remaining 3rd player will be a Solo. They will be given the choice to pick one of two choices, Ally or Betray. Each choice made by the Pair and Solos have to be sent privately. What the Pair and Solo of a group pick will determine the outcome for that group.
Both pick Ally: +2 BP for both the Pair and Solo.
One picks Betray while the other picks Ally: +3 for the side that chose Betray, -2 for the side that chose Ally.
Both pick Betray: +0 for both the Pair and Solo
Any score changes will affect both players in a Pair.

If one party from the group does not vote in time, their vote will default to Ally. If both parties, the Pair and Solo, don't vote, all 3 players in that group will lose and die as a result.

Once the round is over, the results will be posted in thread for everyone to see. Once the results are posted, new groups will be formed, with new Pairs and Solos.

You can also talk privately with anyone, but once a choice is made from your party, you cannot talk with anyone other than your partner if you're in a Pair. Additionally, in a pair, when you vote, you have to include both me and your partner in the recipients list.

While it does appear to be as simple as everyone choosing “Ally” 3 times, it is not. This is because one of the players is Mafia-aligned, while all other players are Town-aligned. If the Mafia-aligned player escapes, all Town-aligned players lose instantly, even if Town-aligned players do escape alongside the Mafia-aligned player.

Even if a player dies and loses, the game will still consider there to be 9 players. The dead players’ bracelets would still be randomized, and if it ends up being a Solo, it will default to Ally, making the Pair free to choose Betray to gain +3 points. If both the players in the Pair are dead, then they will naturally default to Ally, and if the Solo is the only one alive they are free to choose Betray to get +3. They still have to choose, for if they don't, then they will die instead of both groups being defaulted to Ally.

Rules:
-No claiming of any kind.
-No flaming and baiting
-Updates will be done at 5 PM (GMT+2). All rounds will last 48 hours but if between the 24- and 48-hours marks the last of the votes are submitted, the round ends immediately.
-No cheating
-Any private conversations need to include me, the MoD and the spectator.
-No screenshots. Pictures with reactions and the kind are fine but any screenshot used to prove something was said privately is against the rules. This also involves copy pasting something somebody has said, even if it's fake
-You can talk privately with anyone, but once a choice is made from your party you cannot talk with anyone other than your partner if you're in a Pair. Additionally, in a Pair, when you vote, you have to include me, the MoD, the spectator and your partner in the recipients list
-When signing up, please include a character you’d like to be in this game
If you break one of these rules you will be penalized. You die immediately from the poison in the bracelet.

Players:

1. @Jin Kirigiri (June) TOWN, LOST
2. @Zexy (Maniacal Engineer) TOWN, LOST
3. @Midorikawa (Clover) TOWN, LOST
4. @MegaPod12 (Santa Claus) TOWN, LOST
5. @DarthWolf13 (Yoda) TOWN, LOST
6. @Elementar (Maroon 5) MAFIA, WON
7. @the OLDEN one (Tommy Oliver) TOWN, LOST
8. @RainbowSkittles (Inspector Gadget) TOWN, LOST
9. @HumanDawn (Bella Swan) TOWN, LOST

Subs:

Spectators:
1. @CheffOfGames

MoD: @Maniacal Engineer

Last edited:
In. Clover

So we have to find the mafia and if they get nine we lose?
Yeah and I guess we'll pretty much have to stick to Betray when against them so they never get points again, even if it does make us have trouble getting points if RNGd too many times against them :(

And what if we all escaped with him though? Also is this just vanilla roles or doe we have special abilities or a mafia nightkill to go off of?
1. That does not matter. If the Mafia player escapes, all Town players lose.
2. This is just Vanilla roles, as getting your BP to 9 is what matters in this game.

The pair makes 1 choice together right?

After WotEv4, I have a bad feeling about this. This time I don't need to fake anything though.

In please, I don't know what the purposes of the characters are (probably just for fun). Make me Yoda.

So this game will be a crossover between the thing that June is from (don't know if it is a character or the month), The War Room, the thing that Clover is from, Christmas, Star Wars, Music, Power Rangers, Inspector Gadget and Twilight?

That's interesting, sign me up as spectator please.

So this game will be a crossover between the thing that June is from (don't know if it is a character or the month), The War Room, the thing that Clover is from, Christmas, Star Wars, Music, Power Rangers, Inspector Gadget and Twilight?

That's interesting, sign me up as spectator please.
For the record, June and Clover are characters from the Zero Escape franchise. The Ambidex Game is the central mechanic of that franchise's 2nd game, Virtue's Last Reward.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom