• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

NOOOOOOOOOOO!!! TV Tokyo's promise for the TRvTP episode has been taken down!

LDEJRuff

Likes to show off.
Reaction score
Yes, you read right. The promise page from TV Tokyo, that they'd air the "Rocket-dan VS. Plasma-dan!!" two-parter at a later date, has been taken down. I guess this means that they've broken their promise, and that the episode will never air. Now all my dreams to finally see the episode have been shattered. Thanks a lot, TV Tokyo.

This page now leads to a redirect, saying that the page cannot be found.

This isn't fair... :(

Let's all be honest...

it was never going to air anyway. We're like 2 gens forward now meaning that the time has passed for the two parter.

They will forever be unaired, TV Tokyo will have done a Disney and kept them away inside their little archive vault, only this time they won't be letting it out for a Diamond/Platinum/Signature Collection release. Ho ho.

While it is a shame that we never got to see them, I feel like if they had aired as scheduled they would probably be about as well-recieved as the later Rocket 2-part episodes we got.

I don't think these episodes were the earth-shatteringly amazing things we've all built them up to be, the only interesting thing about them is if they foreshadowed Plasma 1.0 coming back or led into the Rocket trio's return to the white uniforms in the following episode.

LOL "promise"

We're like half a decade past the point where it was ever feasible that these episodes would ever see the light of day. The network probably just never got around to taking that "promise" down from their website before now, that's all.

Last edited:
I honestly don't understand why this is such a surprising development. It has been nearly eight years since those episodes originally were supposed to air. We have gone through two whole generations since the two parter was skipped. The eighth generation is set to come out sometime this year, which means a new anime series will be out in the near future as well. I think it was painfully obvious that the two parter wasn't going to air by the time BW ended, if not by the time the Team Plasma arc started. Their promise to air those episodes at a later date doesn't really mean much when so much time has passed and they had to alter their plans for Team Plasma. Although, I still think that B2/W2 played a significant role with their plans being altered as well.

I can understand why it is disappointing that these episodes didn't air. I'd like to know at least what their original plans for the episodes were at least, but it was a lot to assume that they would still air these episodes nearly eight years later. Besides that, I don't think that these episodes would have been so amazing. I think that it could have been a neat two parter, but a lot of people used to think that these two episodes would be a huge turning point for BW. I think that's just because the episodes were unaired and thus people could let their imaginations go wild with all of the what if thoughts. It could have been a highlight of the series, but considering all of the other problems I had with BW even after rewatching it recently, I don't think that the two parter would have been that amazing, especially with how the other Team Rocket arcs in BW turned out.

I feel that these episodes could appear someway, but it would require that someone has the tapes. In other words, just like every single other piece of lost media, and I doubt that we will get as lucky as the Chu-Teng search*.

*Chu-Teng is a surreal adventure game by Osamu Sato, the guy that made LSD and Oriental Souls Eastern Mind. The game was missing until 2014, where a random guy in 4chan found the game in his attic and uploaded it on the Internet. Apparently, he didn't know the game was lost at all.

EDIT: I screwed up that game's title.

Last edited:
Well, there are people interested in this because it's lost media. Things like Doraemon '73, Cracks, O Paradivé Sally and others would have been ignored if it wasn't for the fact that they were (or are, in the case of Doraemon) lost.

At best I could see them being released on a future collection Blu Ray or something as a sort of "lost episode(s)." I remember really wanting these way back when it was happening, but I don't see much point now since they have little relevance to current events.

Would have been hilarious if they redid the animation in Sun/Moon style.

At best I could see them being released on a future collection Blu Ray or something as a sort of "lost episode(s)." I remember really wanting these way back when it was happening, but I don't see much point now since they have little relevance to current events.

Would have been hilarious if they redid the animation in Sun/Moon style.
Wouldn't that leave them still lost?

Wouldn't that leave them still lost?

Well, not exactly. I mean, that Whiscash episode (377) never aired either due to the earthquake which happened in Japan at the time, and never got a DVD release.

At least these could eventually see the light of day if permitted as a home exclusive, but it would be for those that would really desire to still view them.

Heck, I'm surprised they kept it all these years. Why they didn't take that page down a little before Episode N is beyond me. :confused_emoji:

Those episodes were doomed almost as soon as the Seismic Disaster happened. They will NEVER be seen in any way, shape or form. I've long since accepted that. I don't like it at all, but I accept that.

I'm not even sure if the TC is serious or joking...o_O

Why is this even such a shock? Those episodes had no chance of coming to light from the moment Episode N got started. When TV Tokyo said they'd air it someday, they basically meant "we won't air them but we're not gonna say that, you'll be disappointed".

Please note: The thread is from 5 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom