• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Notability of TCG PokéDex blurbs

Politoed666

#winning
Reaction score
This is a fairly straightforward question that I don't think has been addressed. When are TCG info blurbs notable? You know, those little bits of information near the bottom of Pokémon cards that disappeared for the E sets and returned in Diamond & Pearl? See, some of them are completely believable and could make a could addition to a species article on Bulbapedia. Others are completely ridiculous and physiologically impossible. Discuss; just when are TCG Dex blurbs worth including in a species article under, say, Behavior?

Why not have them under "TCG Info"?

You mean "In the TCG?" Well, there would be no reason that I can think of to put it there as opposed to in Biology/Physiology or Behavior, which are the sections in which the information found in the blurbs is pertinent.

I mean, either we put it in the species article, or we don't. I see it as a question of "if" more than a question of "where."

For what it's worth, I'd like to see these on the pages somewhere. They're one of my favorite parts of collecting the TCG. If it's a copy of what it says in the pokedex, I would leave it out, but if it says something new I think it'd be worth having.

First of all.

Pokédex. Not PokéDex. If I see a capital D one more freaking time... *shakes fist*

Anyway, yes, with the TCG section of Pokémon pages being, for the most part, otherwise empty (with a few exceptions, such as Charizard), I'd say a list of Pokédex entries from the TCG wouldn't be a bad idea...

Those duplicated from the games, though... it'd feel incomplete if we didn't have them. But we don't want to have a thousand duplicates.

Possibly such a template could maybe have them sorted into two sections- Pokedex entries that come from the games, and completely unique Pokedex entries?

Didn't stop most everyone from putting Pt's entries in when we just had the Japanese versions, or HGSS's now.

I think we need to include them under "In the TCG" in a template looking just like the anime and manga ones, and if there's any good info relevant to the biology sections - then mention it there too. That's what we do with information about species gathered from every other canon - be it games, anime, or manga.

Considering that anime thing was probably just a plot point to make the episode have a funny end... eh.

Alright... I think we should include the information regardless of whether or not it contradicts known canon information from the anime or games. I'm fine with it being included under the "In the TCG" section, and it won't be difficult to gather since the description is included within each card page, which is in turn linked to in each Pokémon (TCG) page. It'll basically just be a copy-paste job.

Does anyone want to get cracking on a nice template for this? A simple infobox should do the trick.

Infobox? that doesn't seem appropriate for this sort of thing.

But what should the template have? The dex entry, for sure, probably a link to the card page, and the expansion it's in, but I don't see any other relevant info.

Well, what would you suggest? The information you have there sounds adequate, it was basically what I was thinking.

Please note: The thread is from 14 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom