• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Notification of Security Breach of Bulbagarden Forums Server

I have a question, will users be able to post albums from scratch on the new forums or no? If not, that's fine with me. Not that I was going to make an album on the forums.

I have a question, will users be able to post albums from scratch on the new forums or no? If not, that's fine with me. Not that I was going to make an album on the forums.
I'm afraid not. XenForo doesn't have those kinds of albums in the base forums package, and the functionality wasn't significantly used. We may in future offer some kind of album functionality specifically for creators to upload their own works, but not as a general album.

Yo, how do we change our usernames on this xenforo thing? Can't find the option anywhere.
Mouseover your name in the top right (next to inbox and alerts) and a menu should pop up. Username change should be the first option in the left column of that menu.

If you can't see it...well, thanks for the bug report! If it's not showing, I'll fix that up after the enforced password reset later today.

@Mega Flygon; Hover over your name in the top right corner and "Change Username" should be the first option in the drop down on the left.

It's one reason I don't like XenForo - everything feels way too busy and cluttered. Glad the transition went through ok though!

I wouldn't mind everything being swept away, but that's because I don't have anything to save. XD. On another note, I like the new site and all the new features so far. Glad the transition was okay! :)
It'll take me a little while to get used to the new site, but otherwise, I really like it. o3o.

I'm afraid not. XenForo doesn't have those kinds of albums in the base forums package, and the functionality wasn't significantly used. We may in future offer some kind of album functionality specifically for creators to upload their own works, but not as a general album.

That's totally fine with me. I thought it had something to do with the DMCA claims that the forums got earlier this year (as you mentioned in this thread) until I saw your reply. I really don't visit the forums that much as I mainly lurk.

EDIT: One bug I would like to report is that in the visitor messages, the "view conversation" link is missing. I think you know what I'm talking about.

I just saw that there will be a mandatory password change this weekend. I changed my password yesterday... Does this mean that I have to change it again?

EDIT: I didn't mention this yesterday, but PokeCommunity was hacked on September 26, 2015 when hackers deleted everything off the file server. Glad this didn't happen here. Not sure if this is related to the breach that Bulbapedia had late last month.

Oy, it looks like there are no more social groups :( That's annoying. I always liked them, they brought the community closer.
Social groups may return in future, though it won't be exactly the same setup as previously, and of course all the old data will not be there.

I just saw that there will be a mandatory password change this weekend. I changed my password yesterday... Does this mean that I have to change it again?

EDIT: I didn't mention this yesterday, but PokeCommunity was hacked on September 26, 2015 when hackers deleted everything off the file server. Glad this didn't happen here. Not sure if this is related to the breach that Bulbapedia had late last month.
Yes, the password change will impact all users. We don't have the ability to tell the system to enforce it only on those who haven't recently reset their password.
I believe PokéCommunity run on vBulletin, so depending on exactly what exploits were used to access their site, it's possible that our old forums would have been vulnerable to that. The breach we suffered did not use vBulletin as its initial access point, though it did appear to leverage that initial breach into vBulletin access.

Yeah, it makes sense that the social groups will be different in this incarnation. As long as we get something of that sort, I'm happy. ;)

Glad to see bmgf finally migrate to xenforo--regardless of circumstances. :p

I have to admit, I do like the forum design (aka xenforo).

@Archaic is it possible to for you guys to make changes to XenForo's avatar sizes/settings?
1. The 96x96 pixel display is a bit of a ball ache size - 120x120 (and even 100x100) avatars lose their clarity when viewed in the forums itself.
2. The border around the icon box/fact that the box has a different colour "background" makes avatars with transparent backgrounds look pretty jarring.

Obviously this isn't a big problem, but if something can be done about it in time I think it would improve the aesthetic a lot!

Pardon the double post...

I've just spent some time fiddling around with avatar sizes/sharpness for various avatars. Neither saving as 96x96 images nor maxing out sharpness makes any difference. I don't understand how XenForo is even processing the images!! (Not that I'd know that much about it). Can anything be done about this?

Back
Top Bottom