• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia Noughts & Crosses Mafia - (Endgame)

Fact of the matter is, if we just play mafia we leave scum open to winning by Tic Tac Toe, and as Eresh said, leaves us playing reactively to keep them from winning. Once that happens we've lost unless we whitewash.
Outside that, I have more personal reasons for wanting to play Tic Tac Toe. I know from experience that playing this game like mafia is probably driving Calvin up the wall. I know that's how I felt when I ran a similar game. We may as well play the game presented to us.
All that said, Eresh remains the best choice, as she has explained herself quite well :p
Choosing across from scumreads is an excellent plan, but I will say that I am not a good call for that, being town myself. Like that means anything.
We should also take into account who the mafia kill, but I'll provide my own theories on that after we see who it is they murder. Don't want to give them too many obvious expectations to subvert.

Night One Start
Fact of the matter is, if we just play mafia we leave scum open to winning by Tic Tac Toe, and as Eresh said, leaves us playing reactively to keep them from winning. Once that happens we've lost unless we whitewash.

Thing is, we only have two mislynches before we lose. Think you can win with three moves?

Thing is, we only have two mislynches before we lose. Think you can win with three moves?
You're right, we will most likley need to lynch scum to win. But that's always been true. One thing that this gametype has is an interesting way to read people - namely, how they react to how the board progresses.

Day Two Start

DekuNut was killed! They were a Vanilla Townie! With this lynch, the board looks like this:

Max1996
Contrainer
ZinnLav
Innocent Child
Dekunut
X
Vanilla Townie - Killed Night One
Ereshkigal
Vanilla Townie - Lynched Day One
AussieEevee
jdthebud
Megapod
Oricorio

It is now Day Two, this phase will end 48 hours from this posts timestamp!

Last edited:
Wait, what?

Oh... Look at that. By taking out Deku, scum has virtually guaranteed we'll need to take out our confirmed townie ourselves to win. Via the tic tac toe board, anyway. I can see two ways we can win without doing so, but chances are, scum will reduce those methods tonight.

I'm going to vote Vote: Megapod

An iso of your posts indicates you've only posted three times since the game started, none of them constructive.

If I was scum AE with somebody other than Deku and knew I was probably getting lynched, I would kill and conftown Deku to derail plans. Otherwise, killing Deku would be dumb because it narrows down the lynch pool. I was also personally predicting scum would kill AE tonight.

If I was scum AE with somebody other than Deku and knew I was probably getting lynched, I would kill and conftown Deku to derail plans. Otherwise, killing Deku would be dumb because it narrows down the lynch pool. I was also personally predicting scum would kill AE tonight.
Can you explain your second part, please?

Vote: AussieEevee

Consider this. We have the center. If we lynch Max, scum will have to kill me. If we lynch jd, scum will have to kill Zinn. The only strategic benefit I can see to the Deku kill is to save AE, as if DekuNut was lynched, scum would have to kill AE to prevent a town victory. This points to AE being scum.

Yeah scum made a tic tac toe blunder killing Deku, unless they wanted to make lynching AE less desirable.

However, I’d like to point out that if we lynch AE and he is town, that will concede our control of the board.

Max1996 and AussieEevee
AussieEevee and jdthebud
AussieEevee and MegaPod (unlikely pairing)

Max1996 and Contrainer (Oricorio)
Max1996 and jdthebud (ZinnLav)
Max1996 and MegaPod (Oricorio)
Max1996 and Oricorio (AussieEevee)
Contrainer and AussieEevee (ZinnLav)
Contrainer and jdthebud (ZinnLav)
Contrainer and MegaPod (AussieEevee)
Contrainer and Oricorio (Max1996)
AussieEevee and Oricorio (Max1996)
jdthebud and MegaPod (Max1996)
jdthebud and Oricorio (Contrainer)
MegaPod and Oricorio (Max1996)

Gotcha! Eevee was caught!

As for the scummate, I'd guess Max because he hasn't contributed anything, even less than usual. (sorry)

Back
Top Bottom