• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

November 10 episode title

Argy

∠(>w<) #634
Reaction score
ライバルはサラリーマン!?

Rival is a Salaryman!?

(laughs)

Jeez, what's with the misleading titles?

A Psychic Vs. Ghost episode with nothing to do with Sabrina?

A Mr. Mime and Sneasel episode with nothing to do with their 4th gen counterparts?

An Ash Vs. May Battle that isn't even all that important or even gets finished?

Bah. As for this title, the only rival still around in the series is Drew, and this doesn't sound like it could be about him.

Hopefully it will be Brock's Rival, as he really needs one. Some sort of professional breeder would fit, especially considering the episode before this.

Brock doesn't have any signifigant storyarcs about him for him to need a rival.

He could have a rival for just one episode, but an ongoing rival for Brock is pretty pointless, as Brock does nothing but cook for the majority of episode he's in.

Kasumi-san said:
And that's exactly why we need some sort of development for him. He's been in the background for enough time.

If you mean since Johto, then yes. Even worse in AG, as Ash no longer needs to rely on Brock for advice. I'm surprised the writers actually kept Brock for the Frontier season, they've pushed him in the background so much that I thought they forgot he's there.

They didn't push Brock out for this because it is still AG. But unless this is Brock's rival, (unlikely), then I don't see him being in "Pokémon Ranger". That would certainly give character development to Ash, since he would have to learn to look after himself without Brock around.

The most likely character who this will be a rival for is Ash...though this is after two Battle facilities. Or it might be an existing one. Have Butch and Cassidy been kicked out of Team Rocket, perhaps? (Or just be pretending to steal Pokémon?)

The title sounds awesome.

A Brock rival would be very cool. They did have a sort-of-rival for Brock one episode, Zane who was with Susie, but that wasn't rival-ish, just jealously.
FabuVinny said:
They didn't push Brock out for this because it is still AG. But unless this is Brock's rival, (unlikely), then I don't see him being in "Pokémon Ranger".
Hmm, I don't know about that. Who's going to state the obvious? For Pokemon Ranger I'd like to see an Orange Islands + AG thing. Ash, Misty, May, Tracey. They need two girls.

That sounds pretty ideal in theory, but May might lose too much character with Max gone. Still, Ash/Misty/May/Max/Tracey could still work. However, I don't really see Tracey making any sudden moves to leave Oak.

Tracey could (once again) be the information giver like Brock is, and he could collect info for Oak on his journey. Does anyone have an idea if Pokemon Ranger is in a region we haven't visited yet? If so, that would be more incentive.
May could lose a bit of character, true. But you'd have Misty cheering her on from the female point for contests, and she could argue with Tracey like she does with Max. ^_^

::attempts to get back on topic:: I hope the salaryman has glasses. ^_^ He should look generic, but with an odd suit or something.

Well the writers need to develop Max someday. They can't leave him as a little boy who wishes he's 10 forever.

And when Max finally gets his own Pokemon, I can see him traveling by himself.

As for Tracey, I just don't see it. No matter how many people like him on various forums, overall he's still not that popular enough to last over a 100 episode saga. Besides, the only reason Tracey traveled with Ash in the first place was so he could meet Oak. And now that he's done that, I doubt Tracey is going to run off with Ash again.

If Brock has nothing better to do (like he did in Johto and Hoenn), then he may continue for the next series. I think Brock has pretty much given up on his own goal and the only thing that keeps him entertained is traveling with Ash. Seriously, Brock goes out of his way just to rush off to meet Ash and travel with him again.

As for Misty, if she still thinks the Gym is a bigger responsibility than running off with her friends, then she'll probably stay where she is. I really think Misty enjoys being a Gym leader now, she doesn't see it as a chore anymore since her sisters were being lazy, she actually enjoys defending it against challengers.

Ash and May in the next series is pretty much a given, so I won't go into detail about them.

Brock provides humor and that's quite important for a 10-12 year olds cartoon/animé. So his gag's are getting old, it's still better than what some other characters are providing right now.

I don't know what's so interesting about this title, despite all the speculation it probably will just be a salaryman playing a one-shot role lol.

But it's a rival...May can't be having another contest already, can she?

I think it could be a new rival for May's next contest.

Remember this title takes place after Ash's Battle Arena match. The writers have always alternated between Ash's Gyms/Frontier Brains and May's Contests. With Ash's second symbol won I assume, they're heading to May's next contest.

They always take turns so Ash doesn't do two Gyms/Frontier matches at once and so May doesn't do two Contests right after each other, and since the Battle Arena is roughly 2 episodes before this title, it only makes sense that this could be a rival for May's next contest.

Which is why May is bound to lose some contests so it's equal, just like she lost two contests in Hoenn.

Please note: The thread is from 18 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom