• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

November 17 episode title (428)

Zak

STAR BRINGING PURPLE
Reaction score
Dragonair's Lake!

Hehe... wonder if it's the same one from the Safari Zone...

Ooh, it's been so long since Dragonair has been in an episode, awesome.

Dragonair's are quite rarely seen in the animé now so moraly it's about time it was put in. Since it's rare it could well also encourage proper villians with the likes of Team Aqua and Team Magma. Other than that I'm not sure what else to expect in the episode?

Continuity?

If it is the Safari Zone again, then I am interested to know how the hell they got from Saffron to Fuchsia so quickly...

It will also be interesting if there is some reference to the previous Safari Zone adventures, requiring 4Kids to jump through hoops to explain references to that infamous banned eppie. :evil:

Of course, we all know how much attention the producers pay to continuity of events in the animé. :p

Well 4Kids never even told us how Ash ended up with 30 Tauros.

If previous episodes tell us anything, though, this will just be some random lake.

BenRG said:
I
It will also be interesting if there is some reference to the previous Safari Zone adventures, requiring 4Kids to jump through hoops to explain references to that infamous banned eppie. :evil:

Wouldn't be the first time they flashed back to a banned episode (or rather, one that was banned at the time)

yes, but it wasn't so important - and, Beauty and the Beach was aired in US.

well, the Tauros thing... there could be a flashback which would explain everything.

I doubt it. This isn't about that aspect of the episode, even if it was in the Safari Zone.

This episode will probably have nothing to do with the Safari zone, just because it involves a Dragonair and a lake doesn't mean it has anything to do with past references

maybe.. unfortunately, BF saga is just a waste of good possible past references... all old friends are missing. bad.

AtoMan said:
maybe.. unfortunately, BF saga is just a waste of good possible past references... all old friends are missing. bad.

Get over it, like most people had. They're not going to bring back every filler character from Kanto back again.

Of course they aren't going to bring back every character. But some old faces would be nice, and the writers have had ample chances for one.

FabuVinny said:
Of course they aren't going to bring back every character. But some old faces would be nice, and the writers have had ample chances for one.

We did get some old faces again. Misty anyone? Oak and Delia and Tracey? Charizard?

The only other characters they could have brought back is the old Kanto Gym leaders, but they're not going to bring the random filler characters back.

Unregistered said:
We did get some old faces again. Misty anyone? Oak and Delia and Tracey? Charizard?

The only other characters they could have brought back is the old Kanto Gym leaders, but they're not going to bring the random filler characters back.

...That aren't /old/. They're freaking recurring. With all their little drop-ins every-so-often, they're can't be considered old. Ever. Try again.

And a few filler characters returning /could/ happen...I just wouldn't expect the writers to be that creative though.

I don't know about that. It's not like Kanto filler characters have NEVER been brought back before (Duplica, Aya, Suzie).

(To clear : that was in answer to the unregistered guest)

And yes, Luna Tiger is real. To call Misty, Deliah and Oak "old characters being brought back" is ridiculous.

Damian Silverblade said:
And yes, Luna Tiger is real.

You meant right, I hope.

*cracked up too hard at that to not point it out, sorry*

Two hours of sleep last night.
Followed by an exam this morning (studying being the reason for the two hours of sleep).

Yes, I meant right.

It might be part of the Safari Zone. They're doing a lot of quasi-links with old eps (ie, the last on w/ Kojiro).

Who wants to see another irate warden? ::raises hand::

Please note: The thread is from 18 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom