• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Now, or Later?

Stratelier

Reaction score
Despite how I am looking forward to Sun and Moon, I didn't pick a copy up today. Yes it was in stock in time for release day, but I didn't get it, I didn't even ask to look at the box (I always glance at the back of box).

Why? Because reasons. One is that I'm trying to succeed at Nanowrimo and I can't afford to get Poke-distracted from a Poke-story I'm writing. Two, is that if I wait until next Friday I can catch it when videogames go on sale.

So what's your story? Pick it up day one or do you have reasons to keep waiting?

Before I decided to pass on it entirely, I was going to get Moon later. I've shifted all my gaming attention to Blue Rescue Team now that my list of unrecruited species is in single digits.

- no game copy for me yet
- 3rd world country
- game will be available here after 2 weeks that also has to be purchased only online
- will cost $60 coz customs and import duties (just for one game)
- getting it late and paying more for it

You people are so lucky.

- no game copy for me yet
- 3rd world country
- game will be available here after 2 weeks that also has to be purchased only online
- will cost $60 coz customs and import duties (just for one game)
- getting it late and paying more for it

You people are so lucky.
Why don't you get a digital copy instead?

Why don't you get a digital copy instead?
Old 3ds, 4gig mem, download speed of 100kbs/sec. It's painful bro.
Also I prefer a physical copy instead of digital, in case of an unlikely scenario where my 3ds stops working or if I want to lend it to my friend or something.
I have no choice but to wait :/

hope they dont change the "device" to play the games to quickly, becuse not all people have money for that.
It would be cool to get 2-3 generations without spending to much.

hope they dont change the "device" to play the games to quickly, becuse not all people have money for that.
Yeah. DS had the most games I believe. 5 of them :D
Diamond Pearl
Platinum
HGSS
BlackWhite
B2W2

As of now 3ds has 3
XY
ORAS
SM
So there's still time I guess, but with the recent Switch announcement and eurogamer hinting at Pokemon Stars, who knows.

hope Stars is a smokescreen, but who knows? maybe the Ultra Bests will get hidden abilities?

I'm getting Sun ASAP. I'm not denying myself this.

With the 3DS' backwards compatibility (and Bank) you have access to 4 generations - IV, V, VI & VII.

I already bought Moon on release day, but I was going to wait until January to pick up Sun.

However, I have realized that I am going to want to replay this game like crazy, so I buckled and ordered it the other day.

I'm itchin to pick it up, but, as some might already know, I don't know the PC names, which is what keeping me from buying it already

light GOCD is b!tch

I had it delivered to me the day of release also--primarily because I don't have a car, and live in a sad, small town with no form of public transportation (and no stores that sell video games). I didn't want to wait until the next time I had a ride into the capital city. :p

Finally!!! Getting it tomorrow! But what a hassle!
Was going to get it today because I got a SMS that it is delivered to the pickup location and ready to be collected. I went to pickup location only to find out the store was closed permanently and Amazon hadn't updated that on their website and my parcel was missing somewhere in between. They got an earful from me. Cancelled my order and re-ordered from a different seller with Prime this time and it is going to reach me tomorrow. :)
kbshkz.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm itchin to pick it up, but, as some might already know, I don't know the PC names, which is what keeping me from buying it already

light GOCD is b!tch

If they haven't released player character names by now, they likely never will. Now that player characters are completely customisable, Gamefreak don't really need to give set names to player characters anymore. If I were you, I wouldn't bother waiting to get the games for this reason, especially when you could potentially be waiting forever.

If they haven't released player character names by now, they likely never will. Now that player characters are completely customisable, Gamefreak don't really need to give set names to player characters anymore. If I were you, I wouldn't bother waiting to get the games for this reason, especially when you could potentially be waiting forever.
yeah, we are doing a poll here in the forums to try to choose the names for mostly convenience reasons, and I'm tired of waiting, but here's the new reason I didn't buy the game yet: the ppl who take care of imported products in my country are on strike, thus, the release date here has been postponed indefinitely, which sucks HARD

Please note: The thread is from 7 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom