• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia USM Ubers Mafia endgame (Town and Genesect victory)

The interactions of AussieEevee and Max1996

Vote: Max1996
Hello.
Unvote: Max1996
Vote: Sloonei

Please use the multi-post feature, or be lynched for being annoying.

Eevee threw an arbitrary vote on Max and later retracted it to get Sloonei instead. This means little to me beyond the fact that Eevee chose Max specifically among the mass of players as the target for this move.

It's really not... Quite often it's a sign of lazy townie, to be honest.

On the subject of lazy townie, MAX! @Max1996 Still waiting for that reads that you promised a few pages ago.

Eevee identified Max as a "lazy townie" in this prod to generate some previously promised reads. There's really no point in Max's posts where he makes such a promise, so this is an awkward thing. This sort of softball poking doesn't move me.

Do you have any opinions on anything that has happened so far in the phase?

This was directed at Max. Eevee was more conscious of Max's presence [non] in the thread than she was of most other details of the progression of the game to this point. In that regard the prod feels rather forced.

Honestly... and no offense, Max... but yeah.... He has a bad habit of sheeping and not giving much contribution to the game.

The couple of games I tried to encourage him to contribute, I nearly got lynched... just because no one liked that amount of pressure being put on him to contribute.
Hmm... I honestly don't remember a time when Max was scum, so I can't answer that.

I asked Eevee about her implication that Max is a lazy townie, and these posts were her responses in that conversation. They are quite vague and don't inspire me to dissociate the two.

Max did not mention Eevee himself.

~~~

Conclusion: Max plays a more prominent role than most players in Eevee's post history, and that seems like a significant point given Max's total lack of content. Eevee lamented repeatedly that there was nothing to go off of, and still they dedicated numerous posts to the player who was arguably least substantive in the game. In that regard the interaction strikes me as forced, which would be a bad indicator.

The interactions of AussieEevee and TheCapsFan

I don't see anything from Eevee on Caps. I just realized though that searching ISOs doesn't reveal the author of a post being quoted, which leaves potential for things to be missed. I'll have to do a separate look page-by-page later. Reminder to self.

Nothing from Caps either. Suspect by process of elimination.

I'm going to have to continue this tomorrow. I can hardly keep my eyes open simultaneously with this bizarre combination of exhaustion and alcohol.

These two quotes came from the same post. If I’m “guaranteed mafia” in your world why am I not part of this bottom list?

Because there is always a chance you are Town, and at the time that list was formulated its primary goal was to prevent Town from ending in what is effectively a Day 1 loss. That meant avoiding anyone who wasn't 100% safe to lynch.

You seem very confident and tunnel-y on me at the moment compared to the other people you think are mafia, Eresh. Besides my activity level and your use of meta, what else leads you to believe I am scum?

That's it. You're the strongest Mafia read I have at the moment because of that. Unfortunately, it's quite possible the Day 1 activity level drove the Mafia into being silent a lot sooner than the norm; this means we have massively less to work with than usual by this point. So to a certain degree, a lot of lynches from this point out are probably going to be based on some pretty flimsy evidence simply because we don't have better to work with.

They seemingly have an abrasive playstyle that revolves around short & to the point questions. As a result of this they have spent a lot of time this day phase gaining knowledge on playstyles and reads. It’s often difficult to follow. I want to read this player town because it would make the game a lot easier. I also think that they are town by virtue of their claim and interactions with the dead scum player. However this is the player I am most paranoid about for a number of reasons. Firstly, their vocality with respect to themselves is frustrating. I don’t like how they go through all the work of saying multiple times how they’re the best doctor target and then trying to downplay it later on. Why should the doctor protect them when they are not confirmed town in any way and conveniently cannot easily be confirmed? I also don’t understand some of their reads. The town lean on Dale is the most confusing for me. Dale’s post was very barebones and nothing he has done has proven to me that he’s worthy of any read. Their read on speedchuck has also been flip-floppy.
First of all I'm not abrasive, how dare you?
Second, I'm not gonna hide my opinion that I feel I'm in line to be killed tonight. If the doctor shares that sentiment, I don't object to being the target of their protection. Why is that a bad thing?
The town lean on Dale is the slightest thing possible. I gave it to him because I prefer to take a stance than to remain neutral.
Where has my speedchuck read flipped? And why is "flip-flopping" a bad thing?

I was at a potluck dinner, and the game was nowhere on my radar. Life goes on.
I mean before that. You were around. You commented on things. You named at least one suspect. But you deferred your vote til later and then later never came.

I never said that I thought that Calvin was CWAC. I actually agree with you on that statement. Rather, my argument is that Aussie used it as an opportunity to cast Calvin in a positive light in a very strange way.

It’s 3AM. You’ve had your fun. Goodnight.
This is a fair point, but I'm caught off guard by your dismissal of me at the end. You scared of something?

Spectral Thief: One of the reasons why you were considered broken, this moves steals the stat boosts of the opposing Pokémon before the attack. If you use this attack as your factional nightkill and the kill succeeds, you will gain any powers that that user has.

Shadow Sneak: This move has priority, allowing you to easily pick off faster threats like Deoxys. If you use this attack as your factional nightkill, it won't be counted as a visit.

Soul-Stealing Seven Star Strike: Your exclusive Z-move, it is an absolute nuke that will even tear tough walls like Toxapex to shreds. If you use this attack as your factional nightkill, It will break through any form of protection, although like all Z-moves, it can only be used once.

Basically, you're the Jack of all Trades, more specifically a 1x Role Thief, 1x Ninja, and 1x Strongman. You are allied with the Mafia and win when all threats to your faction have been eliminated.

AussieEevee has been lynched. He was Marshadow, the Mafia 1x Ninja, 1x Strongman, and 1x Role Thief.
Aussie was a Jack-of-all-Trades mafia member. I don't know how mafia teams are typically constructed here, but in my experience it's not common for mafia abilities to repeat. If that is the case here, then we should be free of all three of these abilities: ninja, strongman, and role thief. All three of those can do real harm. The ninja particularly can mess with night reports, and the strongman obviously can render protective roles obsolete. There still very well could be a roleblocker on the mafia team, but even so we've eliminated one such threat to the town.

The interactions of AussieEevee and Spiritual Mask Salesman

Nothing from Eevee about SMS.

Vote: Aussie

@DekuNut I still don't condone no lynches, and that isn't something alignment indicative of me to say.

Anyway, my read on Deku so far now that he has posted more @Sloonei . I'm not seeing anything off with him at the moment. In fact I know he's been pretty busy with stuff, so the fact that he is being involved enough in the game is surprising to me. I don't think we're dealing with "Dekuscum".

@Sloonei I actually wasn't talking about Aussie voting you early on, I was talking about Speedchuck voting you. Another Syndicate member I presume?

I don't see an SMS mention of Eevee until this vote toward the end of Day 1. It was the 7th of 7 votes in the wagon. SMS later asserted Eevee's "self-destruct" (link) was pretty scummy (this was retroactive to the flip). The vote means nothing given that the lynch was secure. SMS is a suspect by process of elimination.

Jay’s over saying all the things I already said, smh

You syndicate types are all fairly thorough innit

There was a time when Sloonei and I along with the old RYM gang were viewed through a similar lens to what we've seen here even on The Syndicate when we stampeded into their lives 3.5 years ago. The prophets cannot be ignored forever.

The interactions of AussieEevee and speedchuck

Nothing from Eevee.

Speedchuck
JaggedJimmyJay
Sloonei
Calvin ッ
bulba account
novaselinenever
DekuNut
Ereshkigal
Max1996
Dale
TheCapsFan
Spiritual Mask Salesman
AussieEevee

A rough tier list. I'm having trouble with all the new names, and I'm in the middle of a DnD game.

Originally piggybacked off Nova's suggestion because I thought it might have merit. I like hopping onto suspicions D1 and seeing what happens with a vote thrown there.

I don't see anything from speedchuck until this reads list with Eevee at the bottom. This came after the miller claim when the votes poured in, so the value of this list is better seen for the placement of everyone else.

There no interactive reason to remove speedchuck from the POE pool.

I made a friend in Hawaii
I also found the name of a wolf on its belly but it's in native Hawaiian so I need to translate it

Attachments

• JPEG_20190406_080500.jpg
    JPEG_20190406_080500.jpg
    519.2 KB · Views: 28
The interactions of AussieEevee and DekuNut

There are posts I could draw out for this first point, but it probably isn't necessary. Eevee spent much of the early game voicing concern over the influx of posts from the visiting players given that it can be annoying. It's important to note that this dialogue began with both Eevee and Deku. This is visible in the posts they exchanged within the game's first five pages, and also in that they liked each other's posts on the topic. This interaction looks to me like something that empowered Eevee to carry on with that notion of things being annoying throughout the game. He could feel justified in making a crusade of that because Deku was on board -- as such, it would be a decent thing for Deku. He'd be the town support for a mafioso's complaints, something which is always a comfort. Here's an example (link). This is a speculative notion I grant, so argue with me if you disagree.

I don't see anything else from Eevee about Deku.

Aussie's early focus was not on the potential motivation or merits of my antics, but on the reception of them within the social sphere of bulbagarden mafia. I appreciate and respect the familiar culture of which I am a visitor right now and don't want to be a rude guest, but if a player makes a fuss about something that is not entirely relevant to figuring out the alignment of players in the game, I'm going to keep an eye on them. This issue was discussed at length and I liked Aussie's responses that followed, but my concern about the initiation of the episode has not gone away. I'll need to see more proactive hunting out of them to form a clearer read.
Why do you see AE as bad from this but not me?
Also yo thanks for the multiquotes

Deku posed this question of Sloonei regarding the latter's reception of Eevee's complaints. It shows that Deku himself was conscious of the connection between he and Eevee regarding that sort of culture clash. If they're teammates, that means they joined hands to fend off the newcomers together, and Deku wore that relationship on his sleeve here. It'd be a bold thing. That's a small point, and my intuition points me instead to dissociation.

~~~

Conclusion: It's nice to have a little something to talk about. Deku and Eevee were intimately connected in this game, and that alone is a meaningful thing. I'm not inclined to call them teammates. I would like to hear how others perceive the dynamic though: there's room for discussion.

I responded to question from Deku that you highlighted there by explaining that he had not focused solely on the “annoying” new players, but that he’d also engaged in other topics of conversation as well. My complaint about Aussie was that he was focused almost entirely on that one topic and seemed unwilling to talk about anything else. Except Max.

Back
Top Bottom