• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia USM Ubers Mafia endgame (Town and Genesect victory)

I might as well just come out and say that I feel CapsFan is the most likely to have silenced me. I wanted to talk about it and see what others have to say but I think my opinion has leaked out in spite of me.

I think that's a valid suspicion to have tbh. Not sure if worth pursuing tomorrow, but maybe a flip will steer us in that direction anyway.

Eresh is talking a lot about game mechanics in a way that feels more specific than the knowledge a tracker with a single result should have. Either they are town that is full of crap or they are overeager scum. I guess I will go back and quote the most egregious post.
The first paragraph made me feel super icky.
Ironically both other role madness games I was in concurrent with this one had a mafia tracker. It's typically town aligned, but it is very strong in the hands of mafia as well. Could be a reason why ereshkigal was willing to claim it early, but that's all speculative

Hold on... Why are you making so much effort to cast me as Mafia? Because I know how Bulbagarden games are often structured and I'm willing to think like Mafia in order to work out why things happened and what they might try next? That really doesn't make sense. This is a tactical game; part of tactical thinking is trying to work out what your enemy will do.

It is important to keep in mind that Calvin must be the godfather if he is scum. So if we are to end up with a dead godfather not named Calvin, he's essentially in the clear. I don't want this to be lost.

This is why I provided that mechanics speculation earlier. So that we know not to act on a possible Godfather until we have some evidence one exists.

I keep getting Eresh and the lynched mafia confused, so my read on them is spotty. Their fault for not somehow distinguishing themselves in the pages I skimmed.

What.

Ereshkigal/Dale
Caps fan seems to be relishing this activity. A true mafia player
What did you base the reads off of? Dale made a single comment about me early in Day 1 and then redacted it slightly in the same post. That's literally the only thing he's said.
I don't remember ereshkigal resisting me too strongly.

CapsFan basically told me to leave him alone when I was grilling him.

I initially resisted because of a headache, but once activity slowed down a little bit I was able to keep up easily. And I wouldn't have silenced Sloonei over annoyance; I remember seeing JJJ's posts more.

And CapsFan reacted incredibly defensively. He almost seemed threatened by the questioning.

I believe speedchuck was joking about you not distinguishing yourself from AE, @Ereshkigal

Who do you think silenced me? How many non-town players do you think we have left to remove?

Who do you think silenced me? How many non-town players do you think we have left to remove?

I think we need to go back and reexamine the people you were questioning during the night phase. One of them, one who was hesitant about answering, would likely be the person. They would have silenced you because you were getting too close.

Also, I suspect we only have 1 Mafia left. Unless there's a SK, the Indeps typically end the game along with Town or Mafia.

DekuNut is going to do things

I feel your pain m'dude.

Anyways, popped onto my computer. I'll read through what we have so far and try to create a post that isn't complaining about playstyles.
I will in a bit. Forgot I promised my sister I'd do a long overcomplicated peer review for one of her classes. When those reads arrive, you'll know.
I'm behind. Gonna try and catch up tonight but been a long day. I shall do responses come that time. Don't want to make uninformed responses
My phone is now an ex-phone.
I'll start reading, but that's gonna massively slow me down in this game.
Guess I can't complain about mobile notifications now, however.
I may have accidentally logged out of BG and forgot to log back in whenever I checked the site after, so I haven't gotten any notifications since Friday.
... I'll get to work sir.
With the limited amount of time remaining in the day (once again, sorry about my absence), all I can do atm is ISO a few people of interest - specifically ReturnOfMax and SMS. Calvin and Caps will be next to read after that. At some point I'll get around to that Trust Fall exercise thing.
Like many have, I've generally accepted JJ the Jet Plane and Paparika as town. BA also seems to be playing up to snuff, so I'll give him the town pass for the time being.
I will also support SNS some by confirming that flip floppy votes is a generally accepted scumtell on Zelda Dungeon (it shows that the player isn't commiting to a single read or wagon, and is more than willing to lay low and go with the flow), so it's not too out of the ordinary for SMS to see that as scummy.

Working on more ISOs atm for particular people of interest. I'll give you a bigger reads list after I go through a few more of those. That said, really quickly:

TOWN
Sloonei, Bulba, Jim Jagger (I'm having too much fun with his name), SMS
SCUM
Calvin, maybe Caps. I doubt both though. Also have an inkling on Nova. For now the three of them are my main ISO targets. Calvin is almost done, and you should see that post in the next thirty minutes.
IDK, NEEDS TO DIE ANYWAYS
Dale. Show up.

I wanted to dig deeper into my suspicion of DekuNut; this is a trend which emerged in my review. Note: I do not suggest that Deku has not done things. There are things and he did them. I must note however that the content is limited, both by virtue of his being short on time and also that he seems to be in a constant state of catching up. That can be a crutch for a mafioso who has been drowned by a thread he perceives to be moving at a furious pace. I need less future tense.

Your turn.

This is a nice summary of the general concern I have contended with re: speedchuck:

Mechanical question? Speedchuck is your man, even though he's just skimming and thought we had 2 millers :lapras:

Beyond mechanical questions, I have perceived this: whenever speedchuck has an opportunity to make a post, he makes a post. By that I mean he is eating up the easy mechanical / site meta / player meta chatter and inflating his contribution.

This is a nice summary of the general concern I have contended with re: speedchuck:

Beyond mechanical questions, I have perceived this: whenever speedchuck has an opportunity to make a post, he makes a post. By that I mean he is eating up the easy mechanical / site meta / player meta chatter and inflating his contribution.
Yeah that's what I meant by calculated contribution and the bad kind of it.

I might as well just come out and say that I feel CapsFan is the most likely to have silenced me. I wanted to talk about it and see what others have to say but I think my opinion has leaked out in spite of me.

When I ask myself that specific question (who silenced Sloonei), Caps is the immediate standout -- it applies to him on more than one level: wanting a slower thread and to remove an accuser from the dialogue. It's a rather nebulous concept to consider and could be applied to any player for whom Syndicate-styled pacing is atypical.

Takes a lot less time to provide mechspec than to solidify or pursue a case.

Which might be your point, I guess.

I can't wait till I have an opportunity to play it. I don't currently have any platform with it, hopefully it gets a switch port

Legacy reads in case i’m dead or silent again:

CapsFan is top suspect.
SMS deserves scrutiny.
Speedchuck too, and DekuNut. Neither has done quite enough for me.
Ereshkigal seems town mechanically and behaviorally.
I have a town ID on Calvin.
Nova seems good but he’s crafty.
Jay is good. bulba account is good.
Dale is missing.

Night 2 end/Day 3 start
  1. @JaggedJimmyJay
  2. @Sloonei
  3. @Ereshkigal
  4. @novaselinenever
  5. @speedchuck
  6. @DekuNut
  7. @TheCapsFan
  8. @bulba account
  9. @Dale
  10. @Spiritual Mask Salesman
  11. @Calvin ッ
One Pokémon was too impatient at the slow progress, and decided to take things into its own hands. One Ultra Burst later, and one Pokémon was instantly overwhelmed despite the type disadvantage. However, can a god of death truly die?

Dear Ereshkigal,

You are Yveltal!

yveltal.gif

Yveltal @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Dark Aura
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
  • Foul Play
  • Dark Pulse
  • Oblivion Wing
  • U-turn
You very quickly made a splash in the tier as soon as you were introduced, and now, you are better than ever due to your ability to check many annoyances such as Dusk Mane Necrozma and Marshadow. Great offensive and defensive stats combined with a cool movepool means you have a large variety of viable sets, and it's easier to list the types of teams you can't fit on. This set in particular is a much-needed help to teams that struggle with Ultra Necrozma and Mega Gengar, and is quite possibly the only viable user of U-turn in the tier. That move can end up generating a lot of momentum for your team, so you can use it to follow your opponents. Every night, you can PM me U-turn: (user) and you will learn who that player visited. Additionally, you are a death deity, and according to Pokédex lore you will just turn into a cocoon when your lifespan is over. Thus, even if you die, you can still post in-thread, although you won't be able to use your role and will be kicked out of any factional chats that you might be in.

Basically, you're the Tracker, and also a Restless Spirit. You are allied with the Town and win when all threats to your faction have been eliminated.
Ereshkigal has been killed. She was Yveltal, the town Tracker and Restless Spirit.

Soon, another Pokémon, one that was even more powerful, came out of hiding, disposed of the attacker, then disappeared again. When they found the body the next morning, they were quite surprised to see who the culprit was...

You are Ultra Necrozma!

necrozma-duskmane.gif
/

Necrozma-Dusk Mane @ Ultranecrozium Z
Ability: Prism Armor
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
  • Swords Dance
  • Photon Geyser
  • Earthquake
  • Stone Edge
One of the newest additions to the Ubers metagame. You are so busted that the moment you were revealed, there were already people calling for you to be banned from Ubers (a fate that has only ever befallen one Pokémon). It's not hard to see why, a massive 167 Attack stat with the ability to boost it further means you will overwhelm all but the sturdiest walls, and 129 Speed is enough to outspeed most of the metagame (although you sadly fall one point below Mega Gengar, which is your one Achilles Heel). The main reason that you're so controversial, even to this day, is your ability to appear as Necrozma-Dusk Mane, widely considered to be a healthy addition to the metagame, and thus you can lure its counters (wich aren't your counters) and easily destroy them. Your ability to cause confusion like this means that you will show up as town on any cop checks or similar roles. Additionally, you have very powerful psychic powers. Every night, you can PM me with Photon Geyser: (user) and you will use your psychic powers to figure out that person's role.

Basically, you're the Godfather Rolecop. You are allied with the Mafia and win when all threats to your faction have been eliminated or if there is nothing that can stop this from happening.
JaggedJimmyJay has been killed. He was Ultra Necrozma, the Mafia Godfather Rolecop.

Day 3 has started and ends in 48 hours.

Currently seeking a replacement for Dale, who has a +1 vote penalty for not meeting the activity requirements.

Back
Top Bottom