• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

NPC Dialogue

The nurses in the games aren't "Nurse Joys". Your mother in BW2 was a Pokemon nurse, and we have a Nurse Pokemon Coordinator named Casey. They only "all look alike" in the games for the same reason generic NPC's all look alike, but we've been given plenty of evidence otherwise.

...unless they're actually called Nurse Joy in Kalos but we've been given at least two examples of autonomous nurses.

True, good points. Got the anime mixed with the games there.

Though it is amusing to think that the Nurses have to go through the dress code. Fighting with the Punk Girls over pink hair dye.

"Changing your hairstyle is like a Forme change for people!"

Random NPC lady, I never thought I'd say this...but I think you've been playing too much Pokemon.

In the swampy area near the Scary House there is a Hex Maniac that says: "I lost? I LOST!? What wizardry is this?" after you beat her. There's a little more after that, but I couldn't help but LOL at the wizardry thing.

In the swampy area near the Scary House there is a Hex Maniac that says: "I lost? I LOST!? What wizardry is this?" after you beat her. There's a little more after that, but I couldn't help but LOL at the wizardry thing.

I believe she also accuses you of breaking the laws of causality.

Another piece of dialogue I love is the Team Flare Grunt that talks about how he'll forever be just another nameless grunt.

Last edited:
h916038F2

Lysandre must have made robots to stop you.

There's one couple in Lumiose where one of them says to the other, "Y'know, my Dedenne really wants to shock you Emolga right now." (I'm slightly paraphrasing.) ...I don't even know what's meant by that. And the reference to the creepy hiker on the Ferris Wheel made me laugh out loud. I'm left wondering who exactly he found love for.

Also, am I the only one noticing how much modern slang/references the NPCs are using in this game? As much as I liked Gen V, it seemed liked a lot of people in those games talked like robots or used terribly out-dated slang terms, whereas in X and Y i'm seeing things like "over 9000" and "Check it out, dude!" very often.

Also, am I the only one noticing how much modern slang/references the NPCs are using in this game? As much as I liked Gen V, it seemed liked a lot of people in those games talked like robots or used terribly out-dated slang terms, whereas in X and Y i'm seeing things like "over 9000" and "Check it out, dude!" very often.

Its more for laughs than meaningless banter also those in X/Y are dated.

There's one couple in Lumiose where one of them says to the other, "Y'know, my Dedenne really wants to shock you Emolga right now." (I'm slightly paraphrasing.) ...I don't even know what's meant by that. And the reference to the creepy hiker on the Ferris Wheel made me laugh out loud. I'm left wondering who exactly he found love for.

In reply to your second statement, maybe the NPC from the picture I posted was a reference to most of the NPC's more mechanical speech.
In reply to your first statement, he obviously found love in Hilbert. They're probably living it up in a mansion in some fancy city in Unova.

"F to the L to the A to the R to the E!"
I love these grunts XD it reminds me of the "Here I go. PLASMAAAA!" guy from BW XD

My favourite quote has to be from that Hex Maniac in the route with autumn leaves.

"Pokeballs are round! The world is also round!"
And after you beat her: "Whether you win or lose, Pokeballs are still round!"

that one Blackbelt... I forget where he was, but after beating him, I suddenly envisioned how I myself would react against him.

Blackbelt(encounter): FIGHT!

Me:Who the--... okay, sure.

Blackbelt(defeat):DISPAIR!

Me: ayup, you lost

Blackbelt(afterward):TRAIN!

Me:......derp...*walks off*

My favourite quote has to be from that Hex Maniac in the route with autumn leaves.

"Pokeballs are round! The world is also round!"
And after you beat her: "Whether you win or lose, Pokeballs are still round!"

It maaaaaaaaaaay (unlikely, but this is Pokémon X and Y Meme and Reference) be referencing an old liscenced Metroid Manga. It was more the equivalent of a comic compilation than a graphic novel, but a running gag is that Samus loves round things, being attracted to health powerups and sad when they disappear when she touches them.

The couple in Lumiose City caught my attention too. The guy says that his Dedenne really wants to shock her Emolga and the girls response is ....What? I found that extremely funny, it's like either the guy just says random things at random times or he's a pervert, either way I got a good chuckle out of it.

I just found out a pretty useful bit of info, thanks to my new game guide. The people from other regions in those hotels give you stuff if you talk to them enough. Here's a list:

Kanto Hiker-Trades you a Magikarp
Johto Garcon(I have no idea what that means)-Gives you a Rage Candy Bar
Hoenn Madame-Gives you a Lava Cookie
Sinnoh Maid-Trades you an Eevee
Unova Tourist-Tells you about Gym Leaders
Unknown Backpacker-Gives you a Strange Souvenir

:D It's the old lady from [generic volcano name here] in Hoenn that'll sell you Lava Cookies! It's too bad they're way overpriced there, they fell almost as hard as the beach guy's soda pops and the water from the vending machines on the usefulness scale.

Many of the fan favourites from the Battle Subway return to do battle once more in the Battle Maison.

In particular, the otaku maid who wants to live in a world of games and anime, the cockney preschooler and the roughneck (now a punk) who in his own words, is "bad and stupid, but loves Pokemon".

The Looker sub-plot where you have a Japanese speaking NPC (finding out just how bad my ability to read Japanese is when trying to read those character by character was fun) is a bit stereotypical - the NPC speaks in Japanese and Looker comes to the conclusion she was angry she hadn't been offered Tea while she was in Kalos. I wonder how that played out in the Japanese version of the game.

Please note: The thread is from 11 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom