• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

NU Pokemon you wish were better?

JackRyan64

Reaction score
What Pokemon do you like, but can't use due to its uselessness?

For me, it's Charizard. I love him to death, but I've tried a million hairbrained schemes to make him useful and none have worked.

Stoutland.
Emolga.
Most single and no evolutions.
Stantler

Flareon BEGGED for Flare Blitz in Gen 4, but it didn't get it. Does GF still think that Flareon is a special attacker? >_>

I really dont think this should be in BST. Its not battling or strategizing, its more hoping.

More on topic. Gardevoir and surskit. Gardvoir because its awesome, and surskit because of its unique typing. We need a fully evolved water bug type.

The one...the only...FARFETCH'D!!!
Oh, and Lickilicky.

Ikr, Farfetch'd has such great moves and abilities, but man do its stats ever suck.

And omg, I love my Lickilicky. It's not quite as good in Gen V since Explosion doesn't halve defense any more, but hey, it still gets STAB, and it can learn lots of other great moves (looking at you Me First, Power Whip and pretty much every TM), and has very respectable bulk. Yeah, Lickilicky is really good.

If only Farfetch'd didn't have such craptastic stats. It could really make use of Defiant and Agility! (Intimidators beware!)

I wish to improve ALL pokemon that needs improvment...
(Don't you guys now wish I work at Game Freak, where I may be able to?)

Butterfree, mostly. I can use it in NU, but I don't play in that tier. Butterfree is so cute, though!

Typhlosion. If only he had a better moveset.....
I've used Typhlosion in OU. The way I used him, well--he's only getting better with the DW ability.
I wish to improve ALL pokemon that needs improvment...
(Don't you guys now wish I work at Game Freak, where I may be able to?)
It's easy to say that. But there could be a huge debate over what pokemon exactly needs what improvement. As well, not every pokemon needs to be a member of a line whose final or second-last stage is battle useable.
Butterfree, mostly. I can use it in NU, but I don't play in that tier. Butterfree is so cute, though!
Butterfree is arguably the best Bug/Flying user of Quiver Dance, though Masquerain's Intimidate allows it to switch in better--that's somewhat arguable as well though. Mothim has lower speed and much lower special defense, but higher HP and Special Attack--Mothim also has the same DW ability as Butterfree.

The Bug/Flying type combination boasts the only pokemon that learn Quiver Dance and have an immunity (Ground). Butterfree has to be played with both its type combination and possible abilities in mind (in regards to its competitors and its own sets). Compoundeyes is good for making the powder moves accurate. However, the pokemon generally wants the Tinted Lens ability, because Substitute and a powder move are generally the only way to keep Butterfree alive with its low defense. Combined with Quiver Dance, it has 1-ish slots for an offensive move.

Eh, I'd like to think I could make anything useable. At the least, I could try to have 5 pokemon on my team as potent as the next team, wth a kiddie slot for whoever I want to use.

All of the starters that don't work, especially Typhlosion and Serperior.

All Ice-types, because of the stupidly planned type chart.

I wish more of the Fire types that have a Rock or Ground secondary typing were better. The StoneQuake combo is good, but FireStoneQuake is so much better. Covers everthing but Water and Ground type

sandslash, marowak, tropius, abomasnow, crustle. Mostly just because i think they look cool and i like the idea behind them.

I bet you could find a use for meganium, the greatest starter pokemon of all time.

Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom