• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Nuzlocke Challenge

I've been Nuzlocke-ing my way through Diamond. I'm currently preparing to face the Elite Four. So far, my hardest losses have been Pyro(Monferno), and Rosie(Roselia).

Current team:
Helga - Machoke (F)
Bullseye - Rapidash (F)
Dutchy - Haunter (M)
Wayne - Crobat (M)
Ryu - Lucario (M)
Whiskers - Whiscash (M)

Hey everybody, so I finally finished my second ever nuzlocke in Black, and contrary to the first in OR, this was pretty excruciating to go through. Not only because of the grinding, but also because apparently this game is way more brutal when it comes to killing your Mons. I actually started around the 30th of March, but I took a long hiatus because of the sheer number of Mons that were being killed between the first and third Gyms. Same rules as a regular nuzlocke, with the Dupes clause and Shiny clause active.

I chose Tepig as my starter, and immediately I caught a Patrat and got a Pansage female. In the first Gym, both the Tepig and the Patrat were killed. Great start. Basically, Brocklay the Pansage survived a while, but then it was killed shortly before the 2nd Gym. I also lost a Blitzle, but I got myself a female Pidove, named Latanya, which stayed with me most of the playthrough, and the only one until later on (I managed to beat the 2nd and 3rd Gyms with her and a Roggenrola who would later be killed too).

This is when I took the hiatus, but I resumed about a month later. I got the cover fossil at the Relic Castle, afterwards a Tirtouga named Tyrone, which also stayed alive for most of the game. The middle part of the playthrough wasn't that bad since I finally got a full team around the 6th Gym. A few kills here and there but none of my main guys. So at around the 7th to 8th Gyms I almost had a fully evolve team of six. And very few "spares". Before the Elite Four, I grind my Mons to level 55 each, and my final roster was as follows:

-Latanya the female Unfezant
-Jalen the male Cinccino
-Tyrone the male Carracosta
-Minipete the male Emolga
-Zendaya the female Ferrothorn
-Ludacris the male Chandelure

From the 5th to the 8th Gym it all seemed like fine and dandy. Then the Elite Four happened. Shauntal killed my Latanya, which pissed me but I was still hopeful. Until I reached the fighting jerk (whose name I don't care to memorize), thinking like always that his specialty was Steel, not Fighting.

The dude just decimated my team, leaving only Zendaya the Ferrothorn alive against his final Mon, a Mienshao, I was about to give up since I had a serious type disadvantage, but out of desperation I spammed max potions and full restores until the Mienshao basically fainted from chip damage. I was seriously pissed off and sad and really thinking I'd just lose the damn nuzlocke because of the final two battles with only two Mons.

My final catch was the Reshiram, named Jordan, and so I took N with two Mons, and some spares I had to sacrifice so I could get a chance, and I did defeat N. Same thing during the Ghetsis battle, and I lost Zendaya at last. I barely finished the game with Jordan and a couple spares (way underlevelled).

The body count? Exactly 20 Mons, including ALL my main team members. It was a massacre. I just won't ever do a nuzlocke in any games prior to the 6th Gen. Too stressful. But at least I beat the game today (May the 27th), so that's that.

Also, I am starting my third nuzlocke on Shield, which by the way is a Wonderlocke (I surprise trade all the Mons I catch). Other than the trading, the rules are the same as the normal nuzlocke. I hope this goes smoother than my nuzlocke in Black.

I'm doing a nuzlocke in LeafGreen, I have 6 badges right now, next thing to do is going through the Pokémon Mansion. Since I'm a big fan of Steven Universe I named my character Steven and I'm naming all my Pokémon after gemstones and minerals. My current team is:

Fluorite the Magneton
Agate the Fearow
Jet the Snorlax
Opal the Dugtrio
Spinel the Slowpoke
Citrine the Hitmonlee

Sabrina obliterated half my team. Her Alakazam killed Peridot the Venusaur (my starter), Amber the Persian and Copper the Graveler. Other tragic deaths include Gold the Kadabra who died because I was switch training him and a Spearow killed him with Pursuit, and Coral the Kingler who died to a trainer's Weezing using Self Destruct.

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom