• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Nuzlocke Challenge

Oh, this does bring a valid point. How is one to deal with a situation like this?

There are several ways you could deal with it:

-Catch a pokemon, teach it cut, release it.
-catch a pokemon, have it count for the next route
-catch a pokemon, but never use it in battle.

I love challenges. I am so tempted to try this its probably only a matter of hours before I give in. The only question is what game to use when I do. I'll probably go with Sapphire. Unless another game would be easier...I could try it with my Gold or Leafgreen...If I can find them.

I love challenges. I am so tempted to try this its probably only a matter of hours before I give in. The only question is what game to use when I do. I'll probably go with Sapphire. Unless another game would be easier...I could try it with my Gold or Leafgreen...If I can find them.

You can do this with almost any game. I would avoid it with BW due to the level jump after the first E4 runthrough, though.

Update: I have a death. :bawl:

Sly the Purrloin. Lv. 4 to Lv. 4. R.I.P.

I already replaced him... :(

Sly the Purrloin Lv. 5. In memory of the First Sly the Purrloin who didn't even level up once before he died. :(

.... I have an update. Fang just died. My 2nd capture. He had a long life... R.I.P

lv2-lv56

Critical Hit Giga Impact from Snorlax (Which I caught)

Another update.... Sparky...... 4 missed Charge beams and a crit Brine did it...

Just lost to the Nuzlocke challenge on HG. Now it's a normal heartgold with the team:
Hot Coffee - female quilava
Sparx - Male Mareep
Fear - Male Spinarak
Verity - Female sentret
Henry - Male Hoothoot
Nintendo - Wooper

Usually In my runs I would just catch a HM slave and use that, But i treat it as a dead pokemon, as in I never use it and keep it in my box bringing it out when it's needed
Catch an HM slave according to the rules you're playing by. If it faints, plan on releasing it, but don't get around to doing it. Leave it fainted though. If you heal it, change its name to "Forbidden!"

Update:

Three more of my team died O_O
Sheila (Luxio), Paco (Bidoof) and Robin (Staraptor).
Ugh Robin and Sheila were with me from the beginning and Paco just won my fourth badge for me. It took me all afternoon to train him...

I hate selfdestructing Geodudes¬¬
And Double battles with Ace trainers¬¬
Both took two of my pokemon...

Replacements so far:
- Azula the Zubat
- Mimi the Shellos

If I were to do a Nuzlocke when I first played White, I would've lost the challenge since I lost my first battle. (WHY TAIL WHIP, WHY!?) XD

I am going to do the nuzlocke challenge on my emerald since I have I migrated all the pokemon I want to and kinda want a break from the other games.
So I will blog about it on my page (if anyone wants to read it) and I will try to update as much as possible and use lots of pictures,
So here we go:paine and gekkodile the treeko are about to set out on their journey.....

I was thinking about trying this soon but I do have one question, when you say that you can only catch the 1st pokemon of each route, does that apply to routes you have to walk through at the start of the game before you have access to pokeballs?

I was thinking about trying this soon but I do have one question, when you say that you can only catch the 1st pokemon of each route, does that apply to routes you have to walk through at the start of the game before you have access to pokeballs?
If I've encountered a Pokemon on those routes before I have access to Pokeballs, I don't allow myself to go back and catch the first one I see after getting Pokeballs. It probably depends on the player though :)

I've survived Clair's wrath, but me team is incredibly weak after her and the Dragon's Den. I have a...

Lv.36 Typhlosion
Lv.38 Electrode
Lv.34 Lapras
Lv.35 Gyarados
Lv.28 Stantler (left in the daycare for my whole runthrough, and just got out)
Lv.19 Natu (I have to walk everywhere as he doesn't know Fly D: Well, it's better than having a Farfetch'd (Who am I kidding? Farfetch'd is awesome, but maybe not in a Nuzlocke run). )

So my team's not at it's best right now, as I've lost two team members and my one proper leveled-up replacement (Hypno, Pidgeotto and Shuckle). The next best replacements I have are the Lv.20 Sudowoodo and a Lv.28 Modest natured Pinsir. And a Farfetch'd.

I think I'm going to try a HG Nuzlocke, but with only the two main rules. I might update here, might not.

If I've encountered a Pokemon on those routes before I have access to Pokeballs, I don't allow myself to go back and catch the first one I see after getting Pokeballs. It probably depends on the player though :)

Ah, it DOES depend on the player. I for one did not count those routes, I just went back when I got pokeballs :)

In all online Nuzlocke comics I've seen, the first pokémon on the Route doesn't start applying until you get your first pokéballs. It's hardly fair otherwise.

Just thought I'd make my first update here, as I don't really want to do it in a blog or MSPaint comic.

I just beat the second gym in HG. No casualties yet, but that might be because I've been grinding as much as humanly possible. The only bad part about grinding is that it gets harder to catch the low-leveled Pokemon without fainting them. I think I'll start using Bugger's Sleep Powder and Stun Spore more.

Team
Gigepic the Quilava (Lvl 22)
Bugger the Butterfree (Lvl 21)
Messenger the Pigeotto (Lvl 21)
Mari the Flaafy (Lvl 20)
Geodudett the Geodude (Lvl 22)
(The last slot has my Togepi egg. It's really close to hatching.)

In Box
Weedy the Bellsprout

Dead
None :D

---

Anyways, I was hoping to get a Slowpoke to be my water-type, but some pesky Zubat decided to ruin my chances of finding a decent Water-type early in the game.
I'm storing my dead Pokemon in a box named DEAD, because I want to Pokeshift them all to Black eventually.

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom