• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Nuzlocke Challenge

I decided to try this on Ruby. I guess I am just unlucky, but of the first 6 pokemon I caught going up to Petalburg Woods, 3 are Zigzagoon, 2 are Wurmple, and my starter Torchic. None have fainted, but I lack variation. One of my Wurmple has evolved into Dustox, so here is hoping the other becomes a Beautifly. The one thing I have enjoyed is the strategy needed knowing you can't just catch a pokemon of a certain type. It makes you think and adapt.

Oh no I didn't, I also had a super defensive Shuckle that could survive a Hydro Pump.

I killed the Gyarados with Electrode.
The two Dragonairs went down to my Gyarados.
And I used Lapras' Perish Song on Kingdra, then swiched to Shuckle. He could take a Hydro Pump, but she got a crit... I won without him though.

I lost a Pidgeotto and a Golem in the Dragon Den though due to a Dragonair who had both Thunder and Surf.

And now for an update. I've evolved Natu into Xatu (I can finally fly places), I've got the Master Ball and I've also beat the Kimono Girls. Now I'm climbing Tin Tower, however even if I catch Ho-oh I won't use him.

Sorry for double posting, I felt it was neccessary. First off, I'm at the Elite 4, grinding at Vistory Road. This is my team:

Lapras (Starchild) Lv.38
Typhlosion (Volcano) Lv.37
Rhyhorn (Matriach) Lv.39
Gyarados (Jackass) Lv.37
Electrode (Billy) Lv.40
Xatu (Willalini) Lv.33

I'm pretty worried about Bruno. It seems he could pretty decisevely beat my team. Suggestions?

Xatu doesn't have any Psychic moves, his moveset consists of Confuse Ray, Fly, Night Shade (will replace) and Tailwind (will replace).

Update on my Nuzlocke run. I have just beaten the third gym in Ruby. Forgot how fast Magneton was, thankfully my Roselia paralyzed and leech seeded it making it quick work for Combusken. It is good to plan ahead when entering a new route looking for pokemon. When entering Granite Cave, I used repels until I got to floor B2F knowing I had a 70% chance of getting aron or mawile. I was lucky to get my Taillow on Route 116. I am surprised I have not gotten more duplicates up to this point.

Team:
Level 23 Combusken (C. Norris)
Level 22 Minun (Spark)
Level 23 Swellow (Valkyrie)
Level 22 Dustox (Metamorph)
Level 23 Roselia (Bouquet)
Level 22 Aron (Goliath)

Box:
Level 7 Cascoon (Mystique)
Level 22 Loudred (Hulk)
Level 20 Linoone (ZZ Top)
Level 2 Zigzagoon (ZZ Top Two)
Level 5 Zigzagoon (ZZ Top III)

Fainted:
None (yet)

Hey, all of my Pokemon are Lv.45 with the exception of one Lv.43. Am I ready to take on the Elite-4?

I started one yesterday on HG and i am currently right before bugsy. My luck is bad though, as i have had 3 deaths. :(

Team:
Flamez (cyndaquil) lv 15
Rocky (geodude) lv 13

Box:
'Shroom (Paras) lv 8

Dead:
Fangz the Ratta9ta (lv 2- 6) You were a good rodent, and i honestly thought you could take that final vine whip, sorry. R.I.P
Buzz the Caterpie (lv 3-4) I barely knew you, and i hoped for great things, but the critical hit from a rattata did you in. R.I.P
Airo the Pidgey (lv 3-14) You almost soloed all of bugsys gym trainers, the last one was just too hard, you will be missed. R.I.P

nuzlockin' yellow atm. accidentally made my pikachu forget thundershock in place of quick attack. there are no heart scale guys in yellow. fml.

I failed my HG due to me accidently encountering my rival, i forgot that he would pop up. So now i am trying to decide between emerald, Firered or Platinum for my next one.

Nope, started with a tootadile and named him Nazi Eater. I also have a pidgey named King. So I think I might train them before I go to the bellsprout tower.

Interesting... I might do a Nuzlocke run on Diamond and HeartGold, once I've transferred everything to White

I would do this on my SoulSilver but I don't really want to restart... Might pick up a cheap copy of HeartGold for it.

I ended up chooing Firered and this is my team right after the viridian forest catch.

Team:
Joey the Ratta(lv 3)
Needle the Weedle(lv 5)

Box:
Backup the Rattata

dead:
Aqua the Squirtle
Jackie Chan the Makey

Im scared to face Brock now.

Just started SS in this mode.
I have a totodile named Jawbreaker. I'm gonna rename him Broseidon once he earns it.

My name is Finn. My Mother is Lorelei who was once the first member of the Kanto Elite 4. We used to live on a small island just south of Kantos main land. I spent a lot of time with her and my dad, who is a sailor, in Icefall Cave, where my mothers Lapras lives. A few weeks ago she gave me my first Pokemon egg and sent me as an apprentice to Prof. Juniper who lives and works in the faraway Unova region. The professor is a very kind person and every year she gives out three Pokemon to local kids who want to become Pokemon trainers. Under our care, a little Smoochum hatched out of my egg and I decided to journey with Pan (short for Pandora) through the region. Prof. Juniper also gave me a Pokedex to collect entries for all of the species in Unova.

I am now on route 3 on my way to Nacrene City. I heard from a strange trainer called Cheren that the next Gym leader is extremely strong. The first one I encountered was Chilli of the Striaton City Gym and he was a real pain because Pan doesn't like having her little icy butt burnt, so I had to rely on my first regoinal catch, a Patrat called Bussy. Unfortunately, that Cheren guy was also very strong, and in battle with him I lost my third team member, Stinker, a Woobat. It was a sad day. I have not seen this Cheren guy and his mean little Tepig since then.

The Unova region has many species I have never seen before, but Pan is very strong and agile, so my luck with new catches was bad from the beginning. She defeated a Blitzle AND a Munna before I could throw a ball. I'm so proud of her, though.

238.png
504.png

Pandora - Lv. 17 & Bussy - Lv. 18

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom