• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Nuzlockers of Bulbagarden (a new kind of roleplay made by me) (sign-ups open always)

Status
Not open for further replies.

moosie

tired as sin
Reaction score
Rated T for the concept of Pokémon dieing, possible blood violence and cussin' depending on the player.
The Nuzlocke Challenge is a way to make the Pokémon games more challenging. Could it be possible for players to play as the role of their Character along with other people with a twist?

The twist would be, that everybody who plays has to make a comic page per post, or write it with pictures as illustrations. The art could be done with hand drawn, done on GIMP, Photoshop, etc. or even done in Paint.

Here y'all are the rules:
-Keep cussin' in the comics at a minimum
-if any romance, keep it at PG-13
-if someone decides to do a battle with ya, don't make it so yer opponent gets beat without a fair fight (to be fair, andfair because of diffuculties battles will be done on Pokémon Online, and all levels will probably be set at 50)
-Follow Nuzlocke rules. Make it as easy or hard as ya like by adding clauses
-make a comic or story with illustrations instead of paragraph

How the roleplay works:
Like the intro said, in this roleplay, instead of playing by posting usual paragraphs, ya make a page comic or a few paragraphs accompanied by pictures scattered throughout. This, also being a nuzlocke challenge, ya need to play a cartridge or somethin' of a game and base it after that. It don't need to be a well drawn comic, as long as its a comic, it doesn't need to be perfect. :sweatlol:
Players can/will battle each other, depending on whether two of them would want to, or when I decide

Username:
Game bein' nuzlocked:
Name of character:
History: It can be explained in the comic, but if ya want ta spoil it kinda, go ahead.
Appearance: upload a picture of yer character that ya drew
Rules that yer playin' by: the basic two rules plus, if ya want, extra rules to make it more challenging and/or easier
My sign up:
Username: Godo-kun
Game being nuzlocked: Platinum Version
Name, Appearance, Age, and personality covered by picture:
character.png
History:Y'all find out in the first couple of pages.
Rules:
1. Catch the first Pokémon I see in the area. If I fail at that, tough.
1.1. Dupes clause is in effect
1.2. Shinys are exceptions too.
2.If a Pokémon faints, it is considered dead forever, and it must be released.
3. Nickname every catch.
4. Heal limit before beatin' each gym: 3. After the gym, I can endlessly heal.
5. Only can buy three Pokéballs per mart, any kind
6. No legendaries are to be caught.

Accepted players:
Game bein' nuzlocked; Black
Name of character; Alex Triadide
Age; 16
Personality; Alex is incredibly intelligent, all things considered, but also very set in his beliefs; most everything he does is motivated by a want for drastic social change, to alter the supposedly corrupt life he is forced into by the higher powers, to the extent he will completely go against the status quo, even going so far as to do things normally considered 'evil' if that is what it takes. He is darkly cynical, and possesses a deep bitterness for the world he lives in. Despite this Alex actually has a very strong moral compass, and despises things such as murder.
History; Will probably be explained throughout the Nuzlocke itself :)
Appearance;
58551.png
-@eridan ampora

Username: IceKyurem
Game bein' nuzlocked: Black
Name of character: Melanie 'Mel' Kura
Personality: Mel is super random and hyperactive outside of battle, but when she is in battle, she is more serious. Most people assume this is because Pokémon can die in battle, but that isn't the real reason. She prefers using electric types over other types, though since she can only catch the first Pokémon she sees on a route, any will do on her journey. The reason for preferring to use Electric Types is linked for the reason she is serious in battle, though she never tells anyone the reason.
History: Mel mostly lived a normal life in her home town, Nuvema Town, except for one incident. She rarely talks about it, for reasons unknown, though sometimes she accidentally mentions the word 'Nimbasa' when being asked to talk about her past.
Appearance:
iaza14055333640000.png
-@Agent K

Username:Mewstone
Game bein' nuzlocked: Leaf Green (only game I have nuzlocke ready)
Name of character:Delta
Personality: Not very "enthusiastic" about pokemon. Grumpy all of the time and tries to stay away from most people.
History: Moved from Sinnoh
Appearance:(I'll be spriting everything and it will be bigger)
-@mewstone

Username: Godo-kun
Game being nuzlocked: Platinum Version
Name, Appearance, Age, and personality covered by picture:
character.png
History:Y'all find out in the first couple of pages.

Rules:
1. Catch the first Pokémon I see in the area. If I fail at that, tough.
1.1. Dupes clause is in effect
1.2. Shinys are exceptions too.
2.If a Pokémon faints, it is considered dead forever, and it must be released.
3. Nickname every catch.
4. Heal limit before beatin' each gym: 3. After the gym, I can endlessly heal.
5. Only can buy three Pokéballs per mart, any kind
6. No legendaries are to be caught.
-@Godo-kun

Last edited:
Re: Nuzlockers of Bulbagarden (a new kind of roleplay made by me) (sign-ups open alwa

Oooh, sh*t just got real. I'll sign up once I get a picture... Just don't expect anything amazing, I haven't done any drawing since I was like 11. XD

Re: Nuzlockers of Bulbagarden (a new kind of roleplay made by me) (sign-ups open alwa

Oooh, sh*t just got real.
I agree sir. :cool:

I'll sign up once I get a picture... Just don't expect anything amazing, I haven't done any drawing since I was like 11. XD
It's okay; like I said, the drawin' doesn't need to be perfect

Epic-sauce
Username:Mewstone
Game bein' nuzlocked: Leaf Green (only game I have nuzlocke ready)
Name of character:Delta
Personality: Not very "enthusiastic" about pokemon. Grumpy all of the time and tries to stay away from most people.
History: Moved from Sinnoh
Appearance:(I'll be spriting everything and it will be bigger)

Accepted and thanks for signin' up.

Ugh, been pretty busy lately, sorry. Expect my sign up later today or early tomorrow.

Username; eridan ampora
Game bein' nuzlocked; Black
Name of character; Alex Triadide
Age; 16
Personality; Alex is incredibly intelligent, all things considered, but also very set in his beliefs; most everything he does is motivated by a want for drastic social change, to alter the supposedly corrupt life he is forced into by the higher powers, to the extent he will completely go against the status quo, even going so far as to do things normally considered 'evil' if that is what it takes. He is darkly cynical, and possesses a deep bitterness for the world he lives in. Despite this Alex actually has a very strong moral compass, and despises things such as murder.
History; Will probably be explained throughout the Nuzlocke itself :)
Appearance;
58551.png

Last edited:

Appearance;
Hmm... yer pic isn't showin' up... fix that, and yer accepted. ;-)
EDIT: oh, and yer pic on Wes118's roleplay ain't showin' up either

Well that sucks P:
I've tried editing it, maybe now you can see it?

I''m interested in this RP. Nuzzy Runs FTW!

WIP character sheet
Username: IceKyurem
Game bein' nuzlocked: Black
Name of character: Melanie 'Mel' Kura
Personality: Mel is super random and hyperactive outside of battle, but when she is in battle, she is more serious. Most people assume this is because Pokémon can die in battle, but that isn't the real reason. She prefers using electric types over other types, though since she can only catch the first Pokémon she sees on a route, any will do on her journey. The reason for preferring to use Electric Types is linked for the reason she is serious in battle, though she never tells anyone the reason.
History: Mel mostly lived a normal life in her home town, Nuvema Town, except for one incident. She rarely talks about it, for reasons unknown, though sometimes she accidentally mentions the word 'Nimbasa' when being asked to talk about her past.
Appearance:
iaza14055333640000.png

Also, I'm gonna twist TPlasma a little in my comic-fic-thing. It'll play quite a large part in the story.

Last edited:

Both accepted now

Slight alteration in that I'll be doing a Nuzlocke of Pokemon Black now, sorry for any confusion :p

Two or three more including Glory Blaze until we may have enough to start.

Oh, I forgot to mention somethin': please state what rules yer using fer your run. I ya aren't gonna do anything past the basic rules, just put "basic rules" on yer sign-up, but list 'em if yer adding more rules. Sorry, I forgot 'bout this -_-;

Ugh. I literally can't get any time to myself, so I've snuck onto the computer for a little while... Here's the SU, I'll edit it with the picture once I get it. Hopefully today, but the weekend at the latest.

Username: Glory Blaze
Game bein' nuzlocked: HeartGold
Name of character: Blake
Personality: Sort of bored with life, Blake was wrestled away from his iPod and Xbox by his mother and forced to go on a Pokemon adventure. He's not really that enthusiastic about it, though, and planned to quit early until he learned that you get money each time you win a battle. Now he's in it to win it... he needs the next Call of Duty. He's hungry for money and a little violent, and is slightly obsessive over videogames.
History: Look up.
Appearance: Soon. I promise. :p
Rules: Dupes clause, as in you can only catch each Pokemon once and may try again if you get a repeat. No using Repels to get a Pokemon that only appears later in the dungeon.

Accepted sir.

Meh, it can start now if y'all would like that.

Yes please :D <3

Meh, it can start now if y'all would like that.

Sure, I've got the day off today, so I'll draw my character, play thru maybe the first Gym and start the first comic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom