• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

NytMayr Productions: Music Born From Dreams, And Turned To Nightmares

Oblivion

Yes hello I still exist.
Reaction score
Greetings and salutations, fellow Bulbagardeners. This is Oblivion, moderator of the RPing forum, here to share a motley of musical compositions that I've made in my spare time, under the alias of NytMayr. Yes, I don't just write dark and morbid stories, I write songs, too. Having been musically inclined for years at this point, music is probably one of my top interests, second only to writing. As for what my tracks are like, they generally comprise of some sort of mixture between my three favorite genres: Orchestral, rock, and electronic. Though, take into note that I'm versatile when it comes to genres, and can compose across a wide variety. Those three are just what I generally gravitate towards whenever I'm not paying too much attention to the genre.

Also, a disclaimer that I should get out of the way right now: MOST OF THESE SONGS ARE MY LITTLE PONY-RELATED IN NATURE. IF YOU HAVE ABSOLUTELY NO TOLERANCE FOR SUCH MATERIAL, JUST LEAVE. PLEASE DO NOT START BASHING MY WORK FOR THEIR SUBJECT MATTER ALONE. HOWEVER, IF YOU'RE WILLING TO PUT THAT ASIDE AND GIVE THESE TRACKS A LISTEN ANYWAYS, THEN BY ALL MEANS, FEEL FREE.

Table of Contents

---

First up, we have Inanimate, an orchestral/DnB instrumental, as well as the first song that I've produced under this channel. The song musically describes the two major antagonists of the show: Nightmare Moon, to whom the somber, yet bitter orchestral pieces are geared, and Discord, with the spastic and hyperactive techno pieces capturing his behavior.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OX1pu5NMU4I

---

Next, we have The Messenger Shoots Back, a cover of Shoot the Messenger by the artist known as H8_Seed. (Or TheUlasht, if you prefer) This song nixes the orchestral influences in favor of a more balanced, electronic rock genre. Also of note is that this is the first song, and only song so far, to include lyrics...sub-par lyrics, but lyrics nonetheless. This song was very experimental, and as such, it's a bit lacking when compared to my other pieces. However, I do plan on getting better recording equipment in order to rectify this issue.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K4HxyfAVFPc

---

Then, there's Novum Lunam, (New Moon in Latin) yet another cover. This time, it's an arrangement of For The New Lunar Republic, a very famous song in the community by Not A Clever Pony. The song is a bit infamous for being covered to death, but I still felt the need to do so anyways. As a counter to my previous song, this one focuses more on frequent shifts between orchestral segments with a booming and forceful timpani, haunting church organs, and morose bell melodies, and fast-paced, heroic sounding rock segments, with exciting guitar solos and energetic percussion pieces.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fZGEengxSQo

---

Finally for this update, we have The Hunt, another cover. Another H8_Seed one, too; but this is a recreation of Manticore, a piece filled with ominous ambiance and blazing fast pacing. I attempt to capture those feelings of suspense using the good ol' church organ, followed by transitioning into the pure madness that is being chased by a manticore, which is the subject matter of the original song. This was easily the piece with which I was the most involved, due to having to manually transpose every single piece of the song note for note. I probably spent a good two hours on that guitar solo near the end, but I feel it was worth it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EkJq9gUO1D4

---

Download links are in the actual YouTube pages, should anyone want to save them. And feel free to leave comments, criticism, or any other sort of feedback; I'm still fairly new to this whole business, and I'm just a bit desperate to know whether or not I'm doing my job right.​

Last edited:
Hey Oblivion, make sure you've read through the rules here as there's one that you need to read over. ^^'

8. If no one's replied to my thread yet and I have something new I want to share, can I double post?

Yes, but you can only do this once a week. So if you have a lot of new stuff coming in the next few days, think about when to use this. Also, you can double post ONLY to promote new work. You cannot double post simply to say you are working on something. If you double (or more) post more than once week you will be given a Multiple Posting infraction.

I know a post can only contain one video, but it would probably be better if you included your favourite one as a video, and the others as links. I'm sure people would check them out, because these are sounding really good! You've included the links in the first post, so this should be enough. :)

But keep up the great work, these are really good. You've really caught the theme of them well. I especially love The Hunt.

Apologies, I'll fix that up straight away.

EDIT: New song! This one's Mistress of Mystique, another instrumental based on everyone's favorite rhyming, potion-brewing zebra, Zecora! This is a bit of a departure from my usual style, having much more of an electronic influence to it. Of course, it being Zecora, I also threw in a few tribal elements for good measure. It's different, but hopefully it's every bit as good as my other pieces.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VYZDaPNmql8

Last edited:
Hey, I'm back with another piece. This time it's dubstep, a genre that I don't usually partake in too often, but I put my best effort into it anyways. It's also inspired by Queen Chrysalis of the Changelings, better known as the main antagonist from the Season 2 finale, (Go watch it. Now. It's amazing.) what with the weird insect noises her kin are fond of making.
[video=youtube;O57H7Q-ze3E]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O57H7Q-ze3E[/video]​

I think dubstep is a required taste, and I haven't listened to it that much, but I definitely enjoyed listening to this piece. I liked how harsh the notes were and it was fun to listen too. It sounds like a fun video game song or character theme, good job!

The Queen of Thorns sounds interesting, but has an annoying tendancy to interrupt a perfectly good organ solo with what sounds like a mouse.

Otherwise, sort of what I was expecting from dubstep and sort of what I wasn't, which is a good thing.

I loved your new piece! Dubstep is an acquired taste, but I still found it really interesting to listen to. I like the melody you have with the organ and the lower bass line too. It wasn't hard to listen unlike some dubstep (in my opinion) and I definitely got the queen of changelings vibe. :)

...oh, right, there was this thing that I had.

Well, in any case, hi guys. I totally forgot about this thread. Whoops.

But, in what's maybe an attempt to make up for that, let's kick things off with my most recent song, as well as the first one that isn't Pokemon-related: A remix of none other than the Tin Tower theme from Pokemon Gold, Silver, Crystal, HeartGold, and SoulSilver! This is actually a throw-back to the days where I was just starting out with making music, and an homage to the franchise that was, in a sort of roundabout manner, responsible for getting me into music production in the first place. I took a rather industrial theme with this, with the idea of a factory in mind throughout the song's production. So, enjoy!
[video=youtube;kQ-PKYWGjQk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kQ-PKYWGjQk[/video]​

If there's one thing I hate in life, it's My Little Pony. Can't. Fucking. Stand. It.

That being said, this is some amazing music. I don't wanna post my shit now cos it sucks in comparison :(

Well, looks like I have some major catch-up to do. So, let's get straight to that, shall we?

First up, we have a song called Web of Deceit, a remix of Vicious Lies, by d.notive. While the composition is pretty good, what with its dance/8-bit style, the mixing left a bit to be desired, and those drums in particular mangled the song through death's door and back. Not my best work, though it IS what motivated me to get into the whole mixing thing.
NytMayr - Web Of Deceit - YouTube

Next, we have Polychromatic, a remix of the ever-popular Rainbow Factory, by Glaze/WoodenToaster. THIS song was probably my best so far, with a heavy industrial style and an ominous atmosphere. Even though it might not be one of my more popular works, this was the song that gave me quite a bit of increased confidence.
NytMayr - Polychromatic (Rainbow Factory Remix) - YouTube

And here we have Look Into The Mirror. This song was actually done for a composition album named Lesser Knowns, which was an attempt to get some more obscure artists more exposure to the general public. As a result, I went full-blast with this song...though, in retrospect, I might've gone a bit TOO far with the complexity. Parts of it just feel like a cobbled-on mishmash. In addition, this has vocals, and even though they might not have been as atrocious as my first attempt at vocals, they still left quite a bit to be desired. The fact that I don't work with deadlines too nicely also doesn't help.

Oh, just as a note, the lyrics feature a few depictions of violence here and there. So, if that's not your thing, I would suggest not watching the video.
NytMayr - Look In The Mirror - YouTube

You might recall that horrendous remix of Shoot the Messenger. Well, seeing as that particular song had been eating away at my subconscious for quite some time, I decided to put that (probably unneeded) worry aside. So, I did the song better, I nixed the vocals and represented them through guitar, and I pretty much made the song what I had tried to make it before. And I did a pretty dang good job with it, all things considered.
NytMayr - The Messenger Shoots Back (Redux) [Shoot the Messenger Cover] - YouTube

Remember that Lesser Knowns album I was talking about? Well, one of the artists, Legion, did a particular song for it that I absolutely loved. So, when a massive pony remix competition called Remix War V sprang up, I decided to go ahead and remix the song. All of the voice clips were done by yours truly, and this song is where I cemented that electronic-rock style I had going for me.
NytMayr Fixes Legion - Discord's Game - YouTube

The next two songs are part of an ongoing project of mine, named Project Psychosis. Without flooding you with details, I'll just say that the project basically sprang from this crazy idea I had that featured prominent musicians in the brony community as bosses in an action video game, almost similar to No More Heroes. And, from that idea sprang battle themes.

The first theme, VS General Mumble, is a remix of his track Stinkin' Thinkin'. I played off of his alias and depicted him as this crazy old general that holed himself up in this abandoned bunker and plans attacks against an enemy that only exists in his head, radios information through walkie-talkies that are long since dead, and seems firmly convinced that a particular broom is actually his most trusted strategic adviser. So, I added some orchestral elements into the song, and through in some militaristic march elements here and there.
VS General Mumble (Stinkin' Thinkin' Remix) - YouTube

And the other one is VS d.notive. Part of his reputation is that he is a major automobile enthusiast. So, going off of that, I imagined him as a downright obsessive car maniac who fights you in this ludicrously armed vehicle. I made the song fast-paced rock music that would probably fit a race just as well as a battle, because of the whole car thing.
VS d.notive (Vicious Lies Remix) - YouTube

This is a remix of another track from the Lesser Knowns album; Heart of the Flame, by my good friend 3M0 DJ. I always thought that the song sounded sort of like a dungeon theme from an old-school adventure game, so naturally, I turned it into 8-bit.
3M0 DJ - Heart of the Flame (NytMayr 8-Bit Remix) - YouTube

And finally, we have my newest song and second Pokemon remix: This one is the Kanto Gym Leader theme from the 2nd generation and its remakes. I had been doing a lot of drum and bass lately, and the song sort of lends itself quite nicely to the genre.
[video=youtube;s_LKROOJPag]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s_LKROOJPag[/video]

---

And that concludes this laundry list of new material. Hope you guys enjoy.​

Back
Top Bottom