• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Oak's Letter coming soon to players of North American Platinum: Item triggers event i

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Oak's Letter coming soon to players of North American Platinum: Item triggers eve

guhhhh................. i can't get it ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh is it in north america.

Re: Oak's Letter coming soon to players of North American Platinum: Item triggers eve

empoleonater, calm down, the event hasn't come out yet. It'll be out tomorrow so check then.

I'm pretty sure Platinum flower paradise shaymins are the only other shaymin other than the one given out by nintendo that can turn into sky forme due to an added code to them.

I know that DP Shaymins can't turn to sky forme. My glitch Shaymin from my japanese pearl can't change to skyforme when traded to Platinum. The extra code the Platinum ones have is missing.

I would suspect this was a way to counter people who did the glitch. Also why Platinum is the only game to get the download.

Last edited:

I already have the Shaymin from the TRS event but Seabreak Path is the best place to hatch eggs.

Plus I want a shiny one. And one Sky one Land.

It starts tomorrow, if I'm not mistaken?

I doubt they'd punish normal players because of glitch abusers. But they obviously decided to just have those events for Platinum. Maybe as a further incentive to get Platinum, since it's effectively three new Pokemon, just they can be traded back (a plus).

I mean, be don't know what their plan was before they even released it. For all we know, that stuff could just be beta data.
The event items in DP? They're not beta data.

It bugs me that these items can't be received in DP. :/ The Secret Key was a given as to why, and I guess because of the E4 Surf Glitch they decided not to release these items to DP players. But still. :/

It makes me wonder since there wasn't a glitch for Arceus, whether they'll allow the Azure Flute to be sent to all three games. Jirachi was sent out to all three.

And yeah, it's tomorrow for the person who asked.

It bugs me that these items can't be received in DP. :/ The Secret Key was a given as to why, and I guess because of the E4 Surf Glitch they decided not to release these items to DP players. But still. :/

It makes me wonder since there wasn't a glitch for Arceus, whether they'll allow the Azure Flute to be sent to all three games. Jirachi was sent out to all three.

And yeah, it's tomorrow for the person who asked.
I thought they fixed the surfing glitch in Japan with patches and during translation/localization, patched the glitch before the games even came out.

And the Pokemon.com site does hint towards Arceus being given away to DPPt. On the main page with the picture of Arceus, it has the logos for Platinum, Diamond and Pearl:

arceusa.png

That means two Arceuses for me, which I don't mind!

They fixed surfing, but not tweaking (darkrai and shaymin). Plat fixed that.
ANd also, arceus may be a "Go here to get event pokemon" event like shaymin, darkrai, and deoxys.

How do you know? There's no clear distinction between beta data and non-beta data. Beta data is just data that's there, but inaccessible (except possibly via a glitch). Since those event items are inaccessible and the locations are except via a glitch, they very well might be beta data. There's no way to tell GF/Nintendo's intentions.

How do you know? There's no clear distinction between beta data and non-beta data. Beta data is just data that's there, but inaccessible (except possibly via a glitch). Since those event items are inaccessible and the locations are except via a glitch, they very well might be beta data. There's no way to tell GF/Nintendo's intentions.
*sigh* Why must you argue such a pointless issue? You're probably the only person I have ever met since DP came out to even suggest those items are beta deta. >___<;

You can hack those items. If you hack those items, they activate an event. You can not hack other beta data items and make them activate events. *sigh* Not to mention, the exact same items are in Platinum, and they activate the exact same events. Just because they were not used, does NOT mean it is beta data. We can tell what is and what isn't beta data in the way things are positioned in the data itself.

And of course you can receive Arceus in Diamond and Pearl, but we will not receive the Azure Flure for Diamond and Pearl. Most likely.

It seems like you are argueing the issue just as much as me. Besides, that isn't what beta data is. Most beta data can be hacked. And the fact that the events are possible in Platinum in no way proves that it isn't beta data in DP, they're completely different games. That's like saying the Dome and Helix fossils being available in FRLG mean that they aren't beta data in RSE.

And it sounds like you have a bit of a fatigue problem with all that sighing there, you might want to get that checked out. :p

And the fact that the events are possible in Platinum in no way proves that it isn't beta data in DP, they're completely different games. That's like saying the Dome and Helix fossils being available in FRLG mean that they aren't beta data in RSE.
*headdesk* Except for the fact that the events are also in Diamond and Pearl.

And of course you can receive Arceus in Diamond and Pearl, but we will not receive the Azure Flure for Diamond and Pearl. Most likely.
Why not? According to Bulbapedia, both the Azure Flute and the Hall of Origin are in Diamond and Pearl, as well as Platinum. Besides, the items to get Darkrai and Shaymin (Member Card and Oak's Letter) have been given away, instead of the Pokemon, why would it be any different for the PokeGod?

I wonder if the Arceus you get from the Hall of Origin activates the event in HGSS? That'd be a pretty good reason for Nintendo to start distributing the Azure Flute now.

Yes, but I'm argueing that that that stuff is beta, so that point is invalid. It isn't like there haven't been beta locations before.

In fact almost everything you can think of has been beta data before: types, Pokemon, items, locations, text, music, abilities, weather, trainer classes, etc.. So there's no point argueing on whether something was beta or not based on the type of thing it is.

When does the distribution begin? At midnight? [Its past midnight EST, but I'm not sure what timezone NOA is, or whoever exactly is in charge of this]

I was wondering that too. I was hoping I could download the wonder card before going to work so I could go to Seabreak path during lunch at work...
(And yes I still refuse to believe its only because I have an EU-version. I got the Member card...) But nothing yet..

I'm used to online RPG updates [where they start at midnight and go until the servers come back online] but since this doesn't work in the same way...

I tried it again at 1, and it was still unavailable, so I'm gonna try it at 2 [in 25 minutes] to see if it works. Otherwise, it'll have to wait till morning [Which unfortunately for you Usagi, means no Shaymin for work unless you've got a connectable WiFi connection there :/]

EDIT: Yeah, its 2 and there is no gift to be found. So Umbrazard could be right, it could happen at 3 EST to be past midnight all across North America.

Last edited:

My guess is 3:01. California/New Hampshire are 3 hours apart and to make it accesible to everyone at the same time, I'm sure NOA would wait till Cali had caught up with the East Coast

And yes I still refuse to believe its only because I have an EU-version. I got the Member card...

The Member Card was released for US and PAL (Europe, Australia, etc.) at the same time.

Yes, but I'm argueing that that that stuff is beta, so that point is invalid. It isn't like there haven't been beta locations before.

In fact almost everything you can think of has been beta data before: types, Pokemon, items, locations, text, music, abilities, weather, trainer classes, etc.. So there's no point argueing on whether something was beta or not based on the type of thing it is.
Except that these items are NOT beta data. The exact same items are in Platinum. The exact same items activate the exact same events. If you're going to argue that these three items that activate events are beta data, you might as well argue that Newmoon Island, Flower Paradise and Seabreak Path, and the Hall of Origin are beta locations. Except any logical person would not argue that.

Why not? According to Bulbapedia, both the Azure Flute and the Hall of Origin are in Diamond and Pearl, as well as Platinum. Besides, the items to get Darkrai and Shaymin (Member Card and Oak's Letter) have been given away, instead of the Pokemon, why would it be any different for the PokeGod?

I wonder if the Arceus you get from the Hall of Origin activates the event in HGSS? That'd be a pretty good reason for Nintendo to start distributing the Azure Flute now.
The Member Card and Oak's Letter are in DP, but they were not given out. We don't know the reasoning, but it's likely the Azure Flute will follow the same path and not be given out to Diamond and Pearl.

And the Dome and Helix Fossils are NOT beta data in RSE, either. Key items are programmed into every game in case somebody hacks the game and makes it possible for key items to be held. They have to put the data in there so games wouldn't crash.

Except that these items are NOT beta data. The exact same items are in Platinum. The exact same items activate the exact same events. If you're going to argue that these three items that activate events are beta data, you might as well argue that Newmoon Island, Flower Paradise and Seabreak Path, and the Hall of Origin are beta locations. Except any logical person would not argue that.

Actually, that's what I was saying. And I said it was only a possibility, there's no conclusion evidence either way. They're obviously, real locations in Platinum, but there's no conclusive evidence GF didn't decide to remove them from DP and have them only in Platinum just before releasing DP, but still leaving the items and locations in the coding, as they do with most other beta items and locations.

Unless all of a sudden a non-glitch method of going to those locations or obtaining those items occurs or GF/Nintendo say otherwise. There's no way to tell.

And that hacking thing doesn't work with RSE. Because in order for that to be true, they would put unused items in for every single unused item index (it's not like there's a way to trade them from FRLG), which they don't.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom