• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Oak's Letter coming soon to players of North American Platinum: Item triggers event i

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Oak's Letter coming soon to players of North American Platinum: Item triggers eve

4:00 AM on the dot, my time - I'm in Georgia.

Hurray, Oak's Letter get! 8D

- Tyros

Re: Oak's Letter coming soon to players of North American Platinum: Item triggers eve

Oak's Letter available in Australia (and presumably all PAL regions) right now.

I got mine. Get yours!

Oak's Letter is avaliable in Europe.

Woke up early due to sickness, but this is not the worst reason for waking up early XD

Gift has been recieved =)

EDIT: Interestingly enough, when I caught it, instead of the text that was under Flower Paradise reading, "Met at Lv. X." [in this case 30] it read, "Had a fateful encounter at Lv. X." This is weird cause I figured you'd only get this text for event Pokémon [that were given to you], since my Darkrai caught from the event in August has the, "Met at Lv. X." text, and the Shaymin I caught in Diamond [using an Action Replay to access the event item] also had the text, "Met at Lv. X." Is it that wording that basically seperates it from a, "Normal," [Outside Platinum/event] Shaymin and lets you get Gracidea? Cause I know the Shaymin I caught in Diamond did not activate the Gracidea.

There is not much reason for my paragraph, it is just there because its a little weird.

EDIT2: Oh wow, I can't even USE the Gracidea on my Diamond Shaymin. So for anyone who tweaked/action replayed the Oak's Letter in Diamond/Pearl and levelled up a Shaymin that way with the Sky Forme in mind, you're out of luck.

Last edited:

Only Shaymin that have the fateful encounter location data can become the Sky Forme. That is why Platinum's Shaymin, and the event Shaymin are the only ones that can change.

Oaksletter.jpg

Happy now <3
Now I just gotta get a suitable HM slave... why the heck I can't swim DOWN a waterfall without the move is beyond me. >.<

Got Shaymin+sky forme. That girl that you meet is somewhat strange. Also, what did you right on the mirror? I put "Your mom".

I hope Arceus has a tie to that pseudo-church in hearthorm city. On hm slaves, Is a Quagshire a sutable one?

The church does nothing.

this makes me kinda sad i cant get it. no money for platinum atm, but i have diamond and pearl D: stupid nintendo.

Just a fancy building, I'm afraid.

Got Shaymin+sky forme. That girl that you meet is somewhat strange. Also, what did you right on the mirror? I put "Your mom".

I hope Arceus has a tie to that pseudo-church in hearthorm city. On hm slaves, Is a Quagshire a sutable one?

I wrote that I was grateful to Shaymin:B
For getting Shaymin...
Yeah.

My gawd Sky Forme Shaymin has an even more annoying cry than the land forme...

I got it on my second pokeball yay maybe I'll catch Arceus in three next time

Yay, Oak's letter! Love you, TPCI.

Awesome! Oak's Letter!

The event Darkrai and Arceus will mark my second of those pokemon!

It figures that the first wild pokemon that I fought in Sapphire was a Shiny Wurmple, and i couldn't have Pokeballs at that point.

I put Nintendo. :p

Shaymin was real easy to catch. I had to soft-reset because I killed a roaming legendary (and I wasn't sure if it'd come back) and since I didn't save exactly after catching Shaymin, I had to do it again. First try with an Ultra Ball. Only a few million more legendaries to catch (Bird Trio, Cresselia and the roaming Lake Triplet.)

Only a few million more legendaries to catch (Bird Trio, Cresselia and the roaming Lake Triplet.)

I used my master ball on Cresselia. As for the roaming, I use mean look, AND THEY STILL FLEE. I just gave up on it.

If only you didn't need wifi for this...
GOD FUCKING DAMMIT, WHY DOES EVERYTHING SPECIAL IN A POKEMON GAME REQUIRE WIFI?!?!

I'm probably going to get infracted for that, but I had to let it out. Sorry :p

First try with an Ultra Ball.

Did you mean, once you chopped the life down, or straight off the bat, you just captured it? :p
Thanks.

Yay, I got the letter!

...Meh. Think twice what you're doing. I wrote, just for fun, "BMGf" on the rock. Then I rushed to the Flower Paradise and saved in front of the Shaymin. Now BMGf is stuck on that rock forever :'D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom