• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia Oakwood Mafia 2 [NIGHT 2: Darkness] [3/14/13]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Oakwood Mafia 2 [DAY 1: Toxic] [3/8/13]

The update will be a few hours late tonight.

No votes after 7:00 PM EST will be counted.

Re: Oakwood Mafia 2 [DAY 1: Toxic] [3/8/13]

1. @Booster Gold;
2. @GliscorMan;
3. @Feralize;
4. @Akuraito;
5. @Midorikawa;
6. @Momoka;
7. @Callisto;
8. @Stuntology;
9. @FinalArcadia;
10. @Yata;
11. @m0ckingbird20;
12. @HumanDawn;
13. @Smasher;

The shadows drew themselves tightly around the young man, making sure to conceal him completely. Dark blue eyes shone out from the darkness, piercing the woman like daggers. She shifted uncomfortably in her seat, clearly nervous by the constant interrogation.

"I'm not one of them," she murmured nervously, her eyes darting around the room. She seemed to be looking for an escape, hoping that the shadows would swallow her up and take her away from the man's cold gaze. "I would never kill Harley. Why won't you believe I'm innocent."

"We'll see about that."

No one was lynched.

And by that I mean no one was lynched.

It is now Night 1.
This phase will end Monday, March 11, at 7:00 PM EST.
Please send in all night actions.

Re: Oakwood Mafia 2 [NIGHT 1: Electricity] [3/10/13]

1. @Booster Gold;
2. @GliscorMan;
3. @Feralize;
4. @Akuraito;
5. @Midorikawa;
6. @Momoka;
7. @Callisto;
8. @Stuntology;
9. @FinalArcadia;
10. @Yata;
11. @m0ckingbird20;
12. @HumanDawn;
13. @Smasher;

The young woman walked through the torrential downpour, being very careful to avoid the large puddles pooling at the bottom of the sidewalk. Her steps were careful and calculated, and her dark hair was tucked neatly behind her ear. She was wearing very stylish gold shoes that seemed to glitter in the dim light, and she tiptoed very gently to avoid getting them wet by stepping in a puddle.

Suddenly, a soft buzzing emerged from the silver bag dangling on her shoulder. The woman reached down and grabbed her diamond-encrusted cell phone, flipping it open and lifting it to her ear. "Hello?" she asked in a soft, melodic voice that she always used when answering the phone. After all, she never knew if it was one of her friends or perhaps someone from one of those online dating sites she had been trying. The number was unfamiliar, so she guessed that it might be the former.

"Is this Iris?" asked a deep, unfamiliar voice on the other end.

"Y-yes, it is," she replied softly, feeling an irrational pang of anxiety in her chest. "Who is this?"

"You don't need to know. Just meet us outside the cafe unless you want your family to get hurt-"

HumanDawn,

You are Iris Reed!

You've worked in the hospital all your life, and you love taking care of patients. You're very kindhearted and sympathetic, and are a very talented and professional doctor. During the Night phase, you can message Nepeta Leijon "PROTECT: Name" and they will be unable to be nightkilled. You may not use this protection on yourself.

You are sided with Oakwood. You win when the Mafia are eliminated.​

HumanDawn was killed. He was sided with Oakwood.

It is now Day 2.
This phase will end March 12 at 7:00 PM EST or when the majority of the votes (7) is on one person.

I am very disappointed with the activity level during this night phase. I would like to see more activity in the future.

Re: Oakwood Mafia 2 [DAY 2: Rain] [3/11/13]

Well... crap we just lost a doctor. To be honest guys I haven't managed to pay much attention to this game cause if House and Phoenix game. To make up for this I will review all that has been said so far and post my opinion. Gimme a few minutes.

I saw this coming. If only I could have...

Good luck, Town.

Oh well, there is not much to go on. Mostly joke votes and Stuntology being too eager for a no Lynch. I can't say I get many reads.

Anyway just so we can stimulate conversation.

VOTE: Stuntology

Anything to say against your case?

There's really not much to say about this kill. Nothing much has happened whatsoever. I'll wait to see Stuntology's response.

Well, would anyone honestly rather have had a lynch day 1?

And Doctor is a loss, but considering how many games I've played with cop down in the first few days, this isn't too bad.

Heya, I'm here. But that doesn't really matter; voting no lynch right off the bat, not even waiting to get any info, is pretty scummy. It just looks like you wanted to get in to vote so you couldn't be hit with inactivity, but also prevent the town by not getting any info due to the no lynch vote, just in case someone else voted along with you.

Doctor is a loss, but considering how many games I've played with cop down in the first few days, this isn't too bad.

The doctor is infinitely more essential to the town than the cop. Anyone who heads an argument against scum? Dead and gone. Any claimed power role? Dead and gone. Anyone even remotely pro-town? Dead and gone.

We can't really collect claims or have a clear without a doctor. They're screwed if nothing's in between them and the mafia.

No protection is a big deal, yet you're trying to shrug it off as like just losing the cop, which has plenty of other forms that are usually in the game? I don't think so. It just kinda seems like you want to downplay the death of the doctor and make everyone feel safe despite how bad its loss is. Which...kinda rubs me as scummy, since it's encouraging everyone to play as if we didn't just lose them, which as I've already displayed, is a huge risk to townies.

I want to hold my vote for a bit to see if you or anyone else have anything else to say, but for now, you'd be where my vote goes.

Last edited:

The reason we usually have a no lynch at D1 is because near the end of the day we do not have enough info to lynch anyone yet. But voting for no lynch immediately would only serve Mafia as we will get no info from D1 and neither from N1 as we will have no day discussion to connect it with. Therefore proposing no lynch immediately is a choice only Mafia would make.

And Doctor is a loss, but considering how many games I've played with cop down in the first few days, this isn't too bad.
It is true as @Akuraito; said that doctor is more important than the cop. We can figure out alignments without a cop but we cannot stay alive after pulling off a like like role-claim which makes the whole game a lot riskier for Town. So this whole thing where you try to act like it is no big deal doesn't look very pro Town to me.

Of course it is too early to draw conclusions and so I will also keep my vote. (It's rare to get a Mafia on the first lynch anyway. :p)

Anyway for now...
FoS: Stuntology

I don't really think Stunology's desire for a 'no lynch' makes him all that scummy, but if it's a slight lead, it's almost all we got. But then, it looked to me like he was really just thinking about it being a small game so he didn't want to lynch anyone as of yet. I really don't know.

Well, i would have probably changed from a no lynch if anything interesting had showed up, but nothing did, so I though that I'd stay on the safe side.

And my comment about the doctor was pretty hasty. I wasn't considering how the presence of a doctor affects how the mafia acts, only the fact that I've only seen a successful protection once or twice.

As for now, I'm suspicious of Callisto and Midorikawa, for jumping into the conversation without saying anything of value. They didn't offer any thoughts at all on the situation. I'm pretty confident that m0ckingbird20 is town, and I'm nut sure about Akuraito yet.

Vote: Callisto to even it out.

Lol, there was nothing to even really say at that point. Don't try to put this on me when you know there's absolutely nothing to point the finger at me about.

At any rate, I don't find you voting no lynch to be all that bad, seeing as D1 lynches usually end in a no lynch anyways. At least, that's how it typically went in the games I've played. I'm not going to vote you right now, since I see no actual need to (well, not yet). Also, I'm going to guess you're probably just kissing up to m0ckingbird20 by saying she's town just so she'll leave you alone.

At any rate, I don't find you voting no lynch to be all that bad, seeing as D1 lynches usually end in a no lynch anyways. At least, that's how it typically went in the games I've played.

While that's true, usually people at least try to participate in the RVS stage to gain info instead of giving up on that immediately.

@Stuntology;

What makes you think that m0cking is town?

@m0ckingbird20; Your FoSing Stuntology when you already voted him?
My bad I totally forgot I had voted for him already... T.T

I don't really think Stunology's desire for a 'no lynch' makes him all that scummy, but if it's a slight lead, it's almost all we got. But then, it looked to me like he was really just thinking about it being a small game so he didn't want to lynch anyone as of yet. I really don't know.
"Stunology's desire for a 'no lynch'" is not suspicious by itself but the fact that he asked for it so early in the game makes it a bit usspicious as it would benefit Mafia a lot and Town not at all.

Well, i would have probably changed from a no lynch if anything interesting had showed up, but nothing did, so I though that I'd stay on the safe side.
we can only take your word for it so saying it doesn't help you much...

And my comment about the doctor was pretty hasty. I wasn't considering how the presence of a doctor affects how the mafia acts, only the fact that I've only seen a successful protection once or twice.
I figured that much when I saw it, but I could not ignore it either.

As for now, I'm suspicious of Callisto and Midorikawa, for jumping into the conversation without saying anything of value. They didn't offer any thoughts at all on the situation. I'm pretty confident that m0ckingbird20 is town, and I'm nut sure about Akuraito yet.

Vote: Callisto to even it out.
I can see some reasoning on your accusations Callisto and Mido but they are certainly not even close to enough for a lynch. I am so awesome that few people can resist supporting me. ^^ Anyway your vote on Callisto is mainly to save you from a 1 vote lynch which I personaly do not see as scummy.

What makes you so sure that I am Town? trying the get the good side of me won't work... just so you know.

Lol, there was nothing to even really say at that point. Don't try to put this on me when you know there's absolutely nothing to point the finger at me about.
Take it easy he mostly voted you to even the votes so he won;t be lynched. nothing strange about that.

At any rate, I don't find you voting no lynch to be all that bad, seeing as D1 lynches usually end in a no lynch anyways. At least, that's how it typically went in the games I've played. I'm not going to vote you right now, since I see no actual need to (well, not yet). Also, I'm going to guess you're probably just kissing up to m0ckingbird20 by saying she's town just so she'll leave you alone.
For the record, I am a guy... Anyway I will say it once more. If he has voted for a no lynch later that day it would not look suspicious to me but he seemed to be eager to do so at the start of the day which would not allow us to get any information during the day and neither from the Mafia kill the next night. Ye he is probably kissing up on me... but that's expected since I am awesome. :)

At any rate, I don't find you voting no lynch to be all that bad, seeing as D1 lynches usually end in a no lynch anyways. At least, that's how it typically went in the games I've played.

While that's true, usually people at least try to participate in the RVS stage to gain info instead of giving up on that immediately.

@Stuntology;

What makes you think that m0cking is town?
That's what I say, Stuntology didn't try to gain any info on D1 and just gave up immidiately and hence I suspected him.

Yea what makes you think I am Town? Oh wait... that didn't sound right. :p

I can see some reasoning on your accusations Callisto and Mido but they are certainly not even close to enough for a lynch.

Honestly, it seems like a huge stretch to me. All I said was that I was going to wait for Stuntology's response. This might seem like I'm just saying all this because it involves me, but I would think this even if I wasn't the one being accused. Also, sorry for thinking you were a girl! D:

And Akuraito, I see your point. It makes sense when you put it that way.

@Booster Gold @GliscorMan @Feralize @Momoka @FinalArcadia @Yata @Smasher

Let's get some activity, people. We are nowhere right now.

And I'm pretty sure that m0ckingbird's town because of his commitment to get something done. It seems that from what i've played, a common mafia tactic is to just jump in after the phase update, not really adding or arguing anything. That way, they don't have to defend any 'careless' moves (like voting no lynch...) that they're committed to, because they're not committed to anything.

That's not necessarily true. There have definitely been times when the mafia is one of the more pro-active players in the game. There's no way to know for sure that m0ckingbird is town simply because he seems engaged in trying to find the mafia.

You're seeming desperate to get on his good side.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom