• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia Oakwood Mafia 2 [NIGHT 2: Darkness] [3/14/13]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Oakwood Mafia 2 [DAY 2: Rain] [3/11/13]

Just so everyone knows, I am here and I will be re-reading through the thread for any leads I can find.

EDIT: Alright, just finished reading through everything I missed.

m0ckingbird20's posts were a tad contradictory in my opinion, but I won't quote anything since he will be getting subbed in for. (Possibly.)

Also, something about Booster Gold strikes me the wrong way.

Stuntology said:
Just in response to Feralize and m0ckingbird's discussion as to whether I think he's town or not, I think that the fact that he was gunning for me so hard shows that he probably isn't mafia, because (in my opinion) voting me was a pretty rash decision that the mafia probably wouldn't make because they can discuss their moves with each other.

Booster Gold said:
I believe its quite the contrary.

This is the scenario

Either A). He's a townie who when the pressure was on him, pointed the finger at someone. (same can be applied to mafia).

Or B). He's mafia who wanted to cause a mislynch.

This was really neutral to me. Nothing wrong with neutrality of course, but what did that 'it's quite contrary' part mean? I could just be reading it wrong, which I probably am, but... I can't tell if Booster thinks m0ckingbird is town or mafia, it's just so neutral.

Last edited:
Ok, I went back and checked the game as of thus far, and his struck me as odd.

Well, I think the phase ends in less than two hours. Maybe we should just go for it. We have nothing else to really go on.

Vote: Stuntology

OK, as we all know mafia tends to support mislynch's (a.k.a target townies). Right here when there's no evidence supporting Stuntology, other than his vote for a no lynch. This right here to me seems scummy. Fos: Callisto

Ok, I went back and checked the game as of thus far, and his struck me as odd.

Well, I think the phase ends in less than two hours. Maybe we should just go for it. We have nothing else to really go on.

Vote: Stuntology

OK, as we all know mafia tends to support mislynch's (a.k.a target townies). Right here when there's no evidence supporting Stuntology, other than his vote for a no lynch. This right here to me seems scummy. Fos: Callisto

I voted him because we can't go day after day without doing something, and all we were doing was discussing Stuntology's NL vote. He was the only "lead" we had, and we could probably get more info from a lynch that another day without one. It was either me (since he also voted for me for a BS reason) or him, and I wasn't going to vote for myself. I know it may have looked like an OMGUS vote, but I feel like it's better than nothing. Everyone was pretty much regurgitating the same points over and over.

And also, when I voted Stuntology, I still wasn't sure one way or another whether he was actually mafia or not. When I did finally lean towards him being Town, the phase was already long over.

@Fushimi; can you sub in for Smasher?

Also, update pending. Sorry I wasn't able to update yesterday; internet was out until this morning.

Also, @Dark Blueberry; will be subbing in for m0ckingbird20. Please confirm when you receive your role.

Yeah, that question was really never answered.

A little bit of activity here would be nice?

What the hell? I swear my internet hates me. Anywho the way he got grilled seemed to me a bit fishy (ferlize), But she and her consirators did bring up good points. I'm going to check back on the thread but.... I just don't know

[mentioned GliscorMan] Good point on activity here. What are your views on the current situation?
I'm interested in your views, since you really haven't said much since you subbed in. Care to share?

Booster Gold said:
I believe its quite the contrary.

This is the scenario

Either A). He's a townie who when the pressure was on him, pointed the finger at someone. (same can be applied to mafia).

Or B). He's mafia who wanted to cause a mislynch.

This was really neutral to me. Nothing wrong with neutrality of course, but what did that 'it's quite contrary' part mean? I could just be reading it wrong, which I probably am, but... I can't tell if Booster thinks m0ckingbird is town or mafia, it's just so neutral.
Momoka does have a point, but 2 of the three options listed means mb20 would actually be mafia. That fact makes me think it's less neutral and more avoiding responsibility in case he was wrong. I obviously can't know that for sure though.

I set aside my feelings and wrote as I saw it. Although he did seem scummy, to me I think he's town (as of now).
Since you still haven't answered others that have asked this, what prompted your change in opinion? If you really thought mb20 was scummy before, why did you abstain from voting?

What the hell? I swear my internet hates me. Anywho the way he got grilled seemed to me a bit fishy (ferlize), But she and her consirators did bring up good points. I'm going to check back on the thread but.... I just don't know
As a lifetime member of the Illuminati, I have participated in many scandals, but never the patriarchy that is required for a conspiracy...yet.

Since me standing up against a lynch I didn't agree with is obviously a conspiracy, I am the reporter and I am willing to prove my role.

(PS: Sorry if it looks like I'm tunneling on Booster Gold, that isn't the case. I just had the most to say about his posts. However, if the questions I ask go unanswered, I would definitely consider him a suspect.)

Sorry I couldn't respond earlier, I had an extremely busy day yesterday.

@GliscorMan;
Good point on activity here. What are your views on the current situation?

I've actually given this before, a quite clear and concise description, if I do say so myself:

I'm just gonna throw my 2¢ out here regarding Mock, Stunt and Feralize.

Mock pointed to my post criticizing Stunt as, essentially, the basis for his argument. That Stunt voted NL. However, at the time, there was very little activity, and those three posts stayed as the last posts until roughly the time of the phase update, when this whole thing started.

While the timing may have been nearly a day before the scheduled update, it was effectively at the end of the phase due to inactivity.

Better now than forgetting to, and having somebody turn out to be doubly affected by votes.

He actually said this in response to my post. He's showing caution, 18 hours before the phase update. In those 18 hours, nothing much happened. It was only afterwards that Mock called him out for the vote, which Feralize defended based on a lack of evidence.

Now that I've essentially disproven the basis to the argument, I'm curious as to what @m0ckingbird20; has to say about it.

The forthcoming Stunt lynch, while ill-carried out, will give us information regardless of the outcome. It may just be unpleasantly tinged, but it will be information nonetheless.

Callisto and Akuraito seemed interested in the fact that Stunt is fairly certain that Mock is Town. In fact, if I recall correctly, they considered it scummy that he was "kissing up" to Mock. The reasoning behind Stunt's actions is that he sees the threat pushing hard, but doesn't get any scumreads. I've done this before, too, as Town. And I was right. I'm not sure right now, but I think we might find a similar situation here.

With a few more points that came up in the small amount of activity that came up since then.

Booster Gold apparently "isn't sure" why he feels that Mock was town. This needs more extrapolation, as Feralize said, before a conclusion can be made. However, it raises an eyebrow for me.

Considering that DB has subbed in for Mock, we've got an entirely different personality and can't pick DB's brain for as to why Mock had pressed so hard on Stunt, even going as far as to 100% him as Mafia. However, the next best thing is to see how @Dark Blueberry; reacts.

While @Booster Gold; pointed out that @Callisto; had supported a mislynch, I don't think the argument has very much merit. Retrospect agrees with BG, but it wouldn't appear that way while the phase was still going on. While Callisto gave me mildly suspicious vibes in his earlier posts, his defense against BG, surprisingly, countered that. He defended himself well, so now I'm back to a sort of neutral read.

@Nepeta Leijon; Closing because there has been no update in over three days, as per the rules. If you'd like this game reopened, please contact a War Room moderator within four days.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom