• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

obligatory greeting

Reaction score
Pronouns
  1. She/Her
Hiya, I'm blanc, an artist that is pretty quiet overall but if you find me in the right spaces you may see I yell very loudly. I'm not new to forums or even Pokemon forums, but it's definitely been a hot minute since I've been on one in general. I've been into Pokemon a looooong long time, but only just recently have re-immersed myself. If I'm not here I'm probably sleeping or in my little corner scribbling away. My JP is not the best, but I do some self-indulgent translations on the side for doujin material. I'm too shy to talk about that part much though, LOL.

Lugia is my favorite Pokemon of all time for very sentimental reasons, but if that were not the case it'd definitely be Chandelure.

Anyways, that's about it for now. I'll try to be prattling around, fixing up my aesthetics and whatnot. Pardon me in advance for any clumsiness I may have. o/

• Staff
Wowowow, thanks for the warm welcomes everyone! And good morning! A carte Blanc indeed! I’m definitely a little rusty to forum activity, which is ironic given I used to roam them a lot as a teen, but I’ll do my best!

I’m glad there are other artists here! I don’t have a lot of PKMN stuff back in my repertoire yet since I’ve just returned to my stomping ground, but hopefully that will change soon!

Some other vaguely interesting facts about me I guess are…

I’m a rhythm game junkie, if you hand me one I will play it to death until I’m only on the highest difficulties. My music taste is extremely varied, but if I had to pick a genre I think a lot of my tastes lean towards EDM and alt rock. I am goth, I dress like an aristocratic vampire unapologetically. I cry and cry and cry that XD Gale of Darkness still doesn’t have a remake or port.

Nobori and Kudari have been my sons for 9 whole years.

I’m not a very social person, but I enjoy the leisurely feeling of forums a lot so I hope I can bother everyone a bit!

• Staff
Nice to meet you two
Subway bois and Chandelure, I approve greatly!! welcome blanc, lovely to meet you :bulbaLove:
Uwaaa!! Thank you!! I do love my train idiots very much. Well, I did at age 13 and then I remembered I loved them so now I do again LOL. Galvantula is also up there for sure, my bias is becoming more and more obvious... LOL It's lovely to meet you too, but this is going to sound crazy but I think we've met before elsewhere! So rather, it's nice to see you again!!

I've regretfully never been on a subway! Or even a train for that matter! We don't have them in this area, well, we do have trains but I've never needed to make use of it, so I'm jealous!

That being said however... My record on the Battle Subway stands at about 73 or so. I will have to double check. I know it's on one of the Single lines for sure... I've never been too great at doubles.

I have been on a plane before, yes! I actually don’t mind them, not even the turbulence, but going through security in the US is hell, especially because I am verrrrry small in not just height but physique so taking everything out of my bag and putting it back in in a hasty manner for the staff is both extremely stressful and strenuous.

I’m going to have to gain some strength though because I’m going to be visiting my best friend in the UK next year, where we are planning to cosplay the twins at a train station together… It’ll be a blast!

Hi Blanc!! It's good to see you, I see that you've already been active here sorta, that's super awesome~!!
What's your favorite part of Pokémon!? Also, I love rhythm games too! My favorite is probably the Taiko no Tatsujin series, but I love a lot of them~
それに日本語が話せますか!?あたしと日本語の会話をしたいなら、何時間でもできるわね~

Hiya tako!! I know we already chatted a bit but thank you again! It's definitely a cozy place! Been quite a bit since I've been on a Pokemon forum so it's really nostalgic for me. I hope we can become good friends yaya! Taiko is fantastic! I play it all the time at the arcade when they have it, but I think Maimai is my favorite when I hit the arcades specifically, you might know it better as 'the washing machine' LOL, that's what people usually call Maimai.

An interesting question! I'm afraid my most precise answer is going to be a rather mushy and cheesy one though. I think my favorite thing about Pokemon as a whole is that feeling of being in the world. Essentially, it was an escape for me as a kid. Without getting too into it, my home life was pretty rough and I didn't have any school friends for a while, so for the most early years of my childhood I used Pokemon to escape that, and I really felt like these virtual little creatures helped me feel less alone a bit. I just really enjoy the happy feeling of discovery and friendship and all that Pokemon has always had, I still get that feeling from all the movies too! Of course I love the Pokemon and the world itself and well...

I'm sure it's obvious what else LOL.

I fell out of Pokemon for a bit but really, it's part of my core, so I don't think I'll ever be entirely away from it ever. It's here to stay.
AND!

はい! 日本人の友人と話すこともありますが、普段は同人やマンガで言葉の練習をしています。たこさん、一緒におしゃべりしたり練習したりしましょうね!

Hey, I’ve been scrolling through this section for nostalgia’s sake and I realized that I never said hi here. Please blame my head, not my heart, haha! Given the date, I was probably too “out of it” to make posts here like I’m able to nowadays. Again, I’m sorry (even though I’m sure that you’d forgive me for it).

But now that I’m here, um… welcome to Bulbagarden, I guess! Even though you’ve, of course, been here for quite a while already, haha! It’s fun to read a lot of your past hopes here knowing that a lot of them ended up coming true.

(Maybe one day you’ll even end up riding a train some day, haha. I’m still surprised that you’ve never been!)

I can tell that perhaps you were a bit shy here, haha. But there’s nothing wrong with that! I remember my own introduction thread being a bit too try-hard to sound excited, haha, with my awkward self. I’m slightly embarrassed by it now, and in retrospect, I almost wished that I was more shy there, as it would’ve been more authentic, I think. I doubt that you could ever surpass that kind of cringe, and besides, you did good here; don’t worry! We’re all pretty chill here at Bulbagarden, as I’m sure you figured out by now. And we’ve always enjoyed your company here, including this little introductory post of yours. Thanks for taking that step to make it, and to join us here! Hopefully we’ll keep seeing you around for some time yet, and that more importantly, that you enjoy every last minute of it.

Hey, I’ve been scrolling through this section for nostalgia’s sake and I realized that I never said hi here. Please blame my head, not my heart, haha! Given the date, I was probably too “out of it” to make posts here like I’m able to nowadays. Again, I’m sorry (even though I’m sure that you’d forgive me for it).
Aww, of course it’s no worries! Life happens and we ended up friends anyway so, no harm no foul! If anything it’s funny now to see how nervous I was posting and how chill I am now… LOL

Maybe one day you’ll even end up riding a train some day, haha. I’m still surprised that you’ve never been!)
That’s one thing that changed since this post for sure! I went on plenty of subways and trains in general while in England! I would’ve been lost without the bestie LMAO. They are very cool, but also kinda spooky, but that’s what makes them perfectly my vibe.

I can tell that perhaps you were a bit shy here, haha. But there’s nothing wrong with that! I remember my own introduction thread being a bit too try-hard to sound excited, haha, with my awkward self.
I WAS! I still am in some cases, but I definitely don’t lurk as much as I planned. I have the community to thank for that! It’s funny to see how much bonds have come together since then. It’s better to be excited in my book! I’m sure you did fine!
Thanks for taking that step to make it, and to join us here! Hopefully we’ll keep seeing you around for some time yet, and that more importantly, that you enjoy every last minute of it.
And thank you for welcoming me! You and everyone… I’ve very much enjoyed my time here so far and am hopeful I can do more to give back to a place I love.

Please note: The thread is from 10 months ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom