• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Oblivious [A Harry Potter RP] {Start-up}

Status
Not open for further replies.

jury

throat to the stars
Reaction score
Sign-up Thread (Always Open)

55593.png

HOGWARTS SCHOOL
of WITCHCRAFT and WIZARDRY

Headmaster: Fenris Kinshire
(Order of Merlin, First Class, Grand Sorc.,
Chief Warlock of the Wizengamot, International Confed. of Wizards)

Dear Student,

We are pleased to inform you that you have been accepted at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. Please find enclosed a list of all necessary books and equipment.
Term begins on September 1. We await your owl by no later than July 31.

Yours sincerely,

Sir Lyre Endon
Deputy Headmaster

---

Welcome, one and all, to Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizadry.

We congratulate you on your acceptance into this fine establishment and are eager to allow your enrollment. As you should well know the Wizarding World is, at present, in a state of harmony; the last Wizarding War ended a great many years ago, and while we are thankful for the generous contributions of our ancestors such talk is mere history now.

Of course even over these long years little has changed; new teaching staff, new students, yes, but the same rivalries and predjudices as have always existed still linger. We ask, of course, that you try to get along with all of your fellow students during your time at Hogwarts, but, alas, we are fully aware of how difficult such a feat is for young first-years.

But I am rambling.

Welcome, one and all, to Hogwarts.

Sir Lyre Endon
Deputy Headmaster

---

Rules
(i)
As GM (and with samedwards being co-GM) what I (and he) say, goes. Don't argue with it.

(ii)
While I'd hope we can stick as close to canon as possible in terms of the layout of Hogwarts/how the school functions etc. if any changes are made they can be put down to changes being made over the years. Nonetheless no impossible feats of magic, etc.

(iii)
No god-modding, tennising for a page or more etc. etc.

(iv)
Mild gore/swearing/romance allowed, but nothing too extreme, please.

(v)
No animagus', metamorphagus', parselmouths, werewolves, necromancers etc. unless approved by a GM before the sign-up has been made. There can only be two students possessing the same ability (except for the animagus ability), and students may only possess two at most (except for the animagus ability).

(vi)
No choosing your own house. This shall be done by the GM/co-GM after looking over your character's personality and history. The only exception to this rule is if, for whatever reason, you desperately want your character in a certain house/not in a certain house - then PM either me or samedwards and we'll make the necessary arrangements.

(vii)
You may have up to three students and two teachers as characters.

(viii)
These rules may be changed or altered at any time by the GM.

---

Changes to Canon
(1)
Unusual pets such as snakes/lizards/small rodents have been allowed. You may have one so long as permission is given by GM/co-GM. The same goes for having more than one pet.

(2)
First years may own their own brooms, however they are kept in possession of the school unless being used with a teacher supervising.

(3)
All years may be selected for their quidditch team, however years one through three play a seperate tournament from years four through seven, with both contributing to the House Point total.

(4)
The D.A. is now an official club, with seperate sessions running for each year, on a Saturday afternoon. The D.A. is officially run by the D.A.D.A professor, but this can change depending on whether the professor is busy.

(5)
There is a Dark Arts class, to help lift some of the predjudice over 'dark' magic, however most of the work is theoretical, and students are not allowed to use the spells unless they are under a teacher's guidance.

---

Students
SLYTHERIN

Corruption;
Semper Blackwell
First-year Student; Parselmouth; Animagus-in-Training; Slight Wandless Magic Abilities.

The Anonymous;
Joe Antonimous
First-year Student; Parselmouth; Necromancer.

Josh Antonimous
First-year Student; Parselmouth; Necromancer.

Oblivion;
Abigor Sanguis II
First-year Student.

GRYFFINDOR

Mouthful of Pi;
Eliot Nadel
First-year Student.

samedwards;
Thane Woods
First-year Student; Animagus-in-Training.

BlazingQuilava;
Justin Gaines
First-year Student.

Truckeeben;
James McCloud
First-year Student; Superior Memory.

Junpei;
Luke Lecarde
First-year Student; Partial Veela.

AlbinoBlackCharizard;
Kuro San
First-year Student.

RAVENCLAW

ebansu;
Maria Fogsoul
First-year Student.

GroundTrainer;
Nathan Parker
First-year Student.

-Gray-;
Cole Jacobsonhttp://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/f425/ob...p]-{sign-ups-always-open}-117027/#post3460590
First-year Student; Animagus-in-Training.

Corruption;
Rachel Lucian
First-year Student; Animagus-in-Training; Veela; Legillimens.

Metabee;
Caitlin Jacksonhttp://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/f425/ob...s-always-open}-117027/index7.html#post3467320
First-year Student.

Mouthful of Pi;
Evan Nates
First-year Student.

HUFFLEPUFF

Dreamy;
Savannah ‘Savvy’ Lerran
First-year Student.

Buoysel.;
Clarity Auris
First-year Student; Seer.

bpj1999;
Daemon Somera
First-year Student; Werewolf.

Logan Bacalzohttp://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/f425/ob...-always-open}-117027/index12.html#post3481926
First-year Student.

Metabee;
Hollie Andersonhttp://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/f425/ob...-always-open}-117027/index11.html#post3473563
First-year Student; Metamorphmagus.

Lone Wolf;
Noa Alor
First-year Student; Animagus-in-Training; Partial Veela.

---

Staff
samedwards;
Professor Fenris Kinshirehttp://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/f425/ob...-always-open}-117027/index12.html#post3476510
Headteacher.

Corruption;
Sir Lyre Endon
Deputy Headteacher; Head of Ravenclaw House; Dark Arts Professor; Necromancer; Extensive Knowledge of the Dark Arts.

MasterMew;
Professor Lillith M'uraglia
Head of Gryffindor House; Transfiguration Professor; Trained Animagus.

Professor Melvin Orvidius
Potions Professor.

Metabee;
Professor Gideon Dragmire
DADA Professor; Head of the DA.

Transform;
Professor Chao Aura
Elemental Magic Professor; Muggle Studies Professor; Animagus; Spell Creator.

Truckeeben;
Athena Graham
Flying Instructor; Care of Magical Creatures Professor; Quidditch Referee.

The Anonymous;
Priscilla Meadows
Charms Professor; Werewolf; Extensive Potions Knowledge.

Mouthful of Pi;
Sol Glissante
Head of Slytherin; Janitor.

Buoysel.;
Professor Mars Helstrom
Herbology Professor; Head of Hufflepuff.

---

Timetable;
Lessons are 45 minutes long, with 15 minute intervals to get to your next class.

Monday and Wednesday:

0000 - 0030 - Astronomy - Ravenclaw and Hufflepuff
(Sleep - Gryffindor and Slytherin)

Breakfast until 0845

0900 – 1030 – Double Herbology - Gryffindor and Ravenclaw
Double Dark Arts - Slytherin and Hufflepuff

1045 – 1130 – Transfiguration - Gryffindor and Hufflepuff
Charms - Slytherin and Ravenclaw

1145 – 1245 – Lunch and a Break

1300 – 1345 – Defense Against the Dark Arts - Gryffindor and Hufflepuff
Transfiguration - Slytherin and Ravenclaw

1400 – 1530 – Double Potions - Ravenclaw and Hufflepuff
Double Elemental Magic - Gryffindor and Slytherin

1545 – 1630 – Free Period – Gryffindor and Slytherin
History of Magic - Hufflepuff and Ravenclaw

1645 - 1730 – Flying Lessons - Slytherin and Hufflepuff
Free Period - Gryffindor and Ravenclaw

1800 - Dinner starts

Tuesday and Thursday:

0000 - 0030 - Astronomy - Gryffindor and Slytherin
(Sleep - Ravenclaw and Hufflepuff)

Breakfast until 0845

0900 – 1030 - Double Dark Arts - Gryffindor and Ravenclaw
Double Herbology - Slytherin and Hufflepuff

1045 - 1130 - Charms - Gryffindor and Hufflepuff
Free Period - Slytherin and Ravenclaw

1145 - 1245 - Lunch and Break

1300 – 1430 – Double Potions - Gryffindor and Slytherin
Double Elemental Magic - Ravenclaw and Hufflepuff

1445 – 1530 – Free Period – Hufflepuff and Ravenclaw
History of Magic - Gryffindor and Slytherin

1545 – 1630 – Free Period - Gryffindor and Hufflepuff
Defense Against the Dark Arts - Slytherin and Ravenclaw

1645 - 1730 – Flying Lessons - Gryffindor and Ravenclaw
Free Period - Slytherin and Hufflepuff

1800 - Dinner starts

Friday:

Breakfast until 0845

0900 – 1000 – Charms – Hufflepuff and Gryffindor
Defence Against the Dark Arts – Ravenclaw and Slytherin

1015 – 1115 – Defense Against the Dark Arts - Hufflepuff and Gryffindor
Charms – Ravenclaw and Slytherin

1130 – 1245 – Lunch and a Break

1300 – 1345 – Transfiguration – Slytherin and Ravenclaw
Free Period – Gryffindor and Hufflepuff

1400 – 1445 – Transfiguration – Gryffindor and Hufflepuff
Free Period – Slytherin and Ravenclaw

1445 – 1730 – Free Period all Houses

1800 - Dinner

---

Information;
I have decided that the 1st of September will be on a Monday - the sorting and feast will take place when students arrive at Hogwarts that day, and lessons will start on Tuesday.
We begin at Platform 9 3/4.
If the timetable seems off please tell me and I'll edit it, the same if anyone is uncomfortable with it.
If this goes well we'll continue onto second year in a seperate rp, but until then electives such as Care of Magical Creatures do not play a part in the first-year curriculum.

---

Semper rolled his eyes at the muggles around him, shooting them demeaning looks as he pushed past them. He grimaced slightly as his robes brushed the hand of a muggle mother, pulling the fabric close against his body and sneering slightly. He supposed that he'd probably do something similar if it were a wizard too, but then at least he wouldn't feel so contaminated by the contact.

Nonetheless he follwed his father past the crowd, heading directly towards the barrier seperating King's Cross station from Platform 9 3/4. He smirked as he strolled through, glad to be rid of the odd looks the muggles kept shooting him. But he would rather look 'stupid' in their eyes than actually dress in their godawful attire.

Sneering once more, as though for good measure, Semper began to wade through the students, ignoring his parents' goodbyes.

---

Rachel grinned, waving to her father and practically diving through the barrier to Platform 9 3/4 in her excitement. This was great. So great. She'd finally get to go to Hogwarts, but more importantly actually get to meet other wizards. Sure, it would be nice to get a good education and such, but to be honest she was really only there for the gossip.

And Secondary School gossip was some of the best, she'd heard - younger students were fickle things - to be honest she didn't even count herself as one. They were embarrassingly bad with secrets. But oh, how much fun it would be, to be able to twist people's words and cause such pain.

This would be fun, she told herself, waving goodbye to her mother. Her father may have been a muggle, but her mother could still come through to the platform. She smiled. This would definitely be fun.

---

Lyre sighed slightly to himself, smirking ever so slightly. The students would be boarding right about now, he supposed. A new year, new first-years to terrorise with Dark Magic. He snorted. There were always a few who would hate him for the class he taught, those who would immediately class him as evil.

But he supposed that was partially why he taught his class - to prove not all Dark Magic was inherently evil. Nonetheless that was how it always was, and he was fully prepared.

Wondering idly whether any new teachers would be on the Express alongside the students he began to flip through his class notes, trying to assure himself he was prepared.

He was the deputy-head, he told himself; of course he was prepared.

Last edited:
Chao walked into the school. Excited to start a teacher.

Did I say walk? I meant Ran on Four Paws.

Savannah tossed a few flyaway strands of her black hair over her shoulder, steering her trolley with one hand. Walking beside her mother, who was cheerily taking in the sights of Kings Cross station, she grimaced. Why did her mother have to be so cheery all the time? She’d rather go alone, but no, she wasn’t allowed to. She glanced at her mother, who sighed contently, “it’s been so long since I was last here. And now you’re going to Hogwarts! It feels like just yesterday my little baby was walking around in diapers.” She moved towards her daughter, ruffling her dark hair.

“Mom!” Savannah moved away from her, glaring.

Julia bit her lip, frowning as she stared at her daughter. “Savannah, you’re leaving and I’ll barely get to see you. You can’t blame me for missing my daughter,”
Savannah sniffed, staring down at Ross in his cat carrier, “it’s not like I’ll be alone all year,” she began slowly, talking for the first time since they’d reached Kings Cross. “I’ll have Ross and I’ll make friends,”

“I know,” her mother said, getting teary eyed as they passed through the barrier into Platform 9 ¾. “But I’ll still miss you. I’ll send Liam to you tomorrow,” she was referring to her barn owl, “Write every day,” she hugged her daughter, who was caught off guard by the show of affection.

“Mom,” she gasped, “I can’t breathe and there are people watching us,”

Letting go, Julia adjusted Savannah’s collar, telling her that she wanted to look good because first impressions matter. Savannah rolled her eyes and pulled away, taking her trolley with her as she walked towards the crimson engine. Waving goodbye, she muttered “Good riddance,”

Leaning towards Ross, who poked his face out of his cat carrier and mewed, she said, “Looks like it’s just you and me,”

Daemon wandered through the muggle train station. He wore a plain black t-shirt with the word "meh" printed on it in white and a pair of dark blue jeans. He wouldn't be changing into his uniform until he absolutely had to.

He stared at the barrier to 9 3/4 nervously. He'd gone through it so many times before, but now was different, he wouldn't be coming back. One of his older sisters pushed him through, the only one still in Hogwarts, a seventh year. He pulled along his luggage and looked at the train.

He hugged his family and nervously boarded the express, followed by his sister.

Caitlin hung onto her mothers arm for dear life as she scurried after her parents, trying to hide herself from the other people passing through King's Cross. Her father made a sharp turn towards the wall between platforms nine and ten, following behind the trolley he was pushing - there was a little white kitten in a cage, staring at the passing crowd with mild interest.

"Are you ready, Caitlin?" her father asked her, turning and kneeling down beside her. Caitlin pulled her mothers arm closer to her cheek, ruffling up her pitch-black hair and setting her glasses askew. Despite this reaction, however, she gave her father a very subtle nod. Her mother knelt down, too, causing Caitlin's grip on her to slacken.

"Don't worry, it's going to be alright, honey... we'll right everyday!" her mother reassured her, smoothing out the creases in Caitlin's flowery dress, and realigning her denim jacket onto her shoulders.

"Everyday...?" Caitlin replied in little more than a whisper.

"Everyday," her mother repeated, "now come on, we don't have time for chatting..." And with that, her parents stood back up, her father grasped the trolley again and they rushed through the barrier, disappearing from sight.

---

Moments later, another family headed towards the gate to Platform Nine & Three Quarters. Another little girl was walking alongside the trolley being pushed by her father, skipping in excitement every couple of steps, while poking treats through the bars of a cage, inside which sat a handsome black owl.

"Hey, come on, Hollie, don't overfeed the poor bird!" her mother called from the back of the group. Hollie turned and frowned to her mother, tossing her massive hair - which, interestingly enough, was attracting more attention than the out-of-place owl, as her hair was a bright pink colour.

"But what if they don't sell owl nibbles on the train and he gets hungry?" she whined, poking another treat through the bars. Her father rolled her eyes.

"You're such a thoughtful young lady," her father smirked, exchanging a quick yet meaningful glance with Hollie's mother, "but I'm sure the staff while be prepared for such an impending tragedy." Hollie scoffed at him.

"Hey, you're not the one setting off by themselves for the first time in their life! This is me becoming independent, I need to think about these sort of things because no one else will!" she protested. She hadn't noticed that they were standing outside the invisible barrier leading to the platform, and her father smirked.

"Go through or I'll be glad you're leaving..." he grinned, pushing her headfirst through the wall.

Fenris Kinshire put his glasses on as he surveyed the new 1st year student list. He chuckled lightly to himself as he placed the scroll of parchment back on his ebony desk and sat back, admiring the wandering model planets, that hovered around the ceiling listlessly. Fenris pulled an old wooden pipe from the folds of his cloak and lit it with a wave of his hand. Fire illuminated the tiny bit of darkness that shrouded his desk, and he leant on the side of his chair, as he tugged on his pipe and let loose a furl of smoke. Hogwarts would be starting shortly. Another year, another year... He checked the extraordinary watch that hung from his neck, and scrutinized it for a moment before, once more, being content in his chair.

Joe and Josh Antonimous stood staring at the chaos of parents, students and animal familiars that made up Platform 9 ¾.

The twin brothers both had shoulder-length, messy black hair, and eyes of a bright turquoise. They were wearing casual, dark muggle attire, consisting of silk shirts, stylishly-torn jeans and jackets tied around their waists.

A black and white, tired-looking cat was perched on Joe’s left shoulder, softly licking her master’s cheek clean of resent tears. Meanwhile, what appeared to be a thick, black and dark green collar was wrapped around Joshes neck, hissing softly. A smooth, scaled head emerged from under Joshes collar, tasting the air with it’s tongue.

“Go find us a compartment.” Joe said to Sweep and, with a moments pressure on his shoulder, the cat pounced off and scurried onto the train, scouting out an unoccupied compartment.

A cat ran past Daemon's legs and he growled, his animal instincts temporarily kicking in.

"Calm down, there isn't even a full moon tonight, now go find yourself a seat," said his sister, hitting the back of his head. She turned around and walked into a different car.

Daemon growled once more before, regaining his composure. He wandered through the train looking for an open seat.

Cole Jacobson stood on the edge of Platform 9 3/4, luggage in hand. As the door to the train opened, he hauled it in and began to roam the Hogwarts Express, searching for an empty compartment.

Though he felt a bit nervous about charging at a wall to get to the platform, Justin managed to get onto Platform 9 3/4. He pushed his cart ahead, walking alongside his mom and dad. He looked out at the red and black train he was about to board, saying, "Wow...Incredible!" He was excited about his first year at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. After saying goodbye and hugging his parents he headed towards the Hogwarts Express. He boarded the train, noticing tons of students. He began to search a compartment.

James stood outside Platform 9 3/4 with his parents and older brother. "Okay, I'm really ready now," he said. "You too, Percy?" he asked, responding to his little hoots. "Okay." His brother, Duncan, looked at him and snickered. "Be careful, brother!" Duncan said sarcastically, "You might bounce off!" James took a look at his mom and said, "I'll write." He paused. "Stuff it, Duncan." And he ran through.

"No, no, no. No pick pocketing while you're in hogwarts, and please, don't pull another extreme prank while you're in there." Luke's mom, Maya Lecarde warned him. Maya looks young and pretty, her long, light honey blonde hair flutter in the wind, but like all Lecarde, she got a gleam in her eyes and a sly smile that will make you suspicious about her.
"I know mom, I know. I gotta go, there's a train I gotta raid-- uh, I mean board." Luke chuckled. He walked and boarded the train, and waved to his mom.
Luke's pet, a brown squirrel named 'Cereal' was sitting on his shoulder, looking at all the people.
"Whooh, this is gonna be exciting." Luke muttered to himself. He wandered around through the crowd of new students, looking for an empty compartment for him to sit.

Thane looked around the place in awe as his mother lead him down the platform, towards the gleaming red train that awaited him.
"Now, I want you to be good." said his mum, bending a little to speak to him, her eyes twinkling, "Please don't forget to write, I'll lose myself If you didn't. And-
"Don't worry mum," he said, giving her a big hug, "I'll be fine."
Then Thane was off, his face alight as he jumped onto the Hogwarts Express.
"LOVE YOU!" shouted his mum, waving at him as he stood in the train entrance. Thane rolled his eyes and grinned back at her, waved, then started down the corridor, trying to find a seat with some other first years.

OOC: lol at the americanisations in some posts. BECAUSE HARRY POTTER ISN'T SET IN BRITAIN OR ANYTHING. Also, I'm going to be leaving Mars out of everything until the students arrive at the school. ;]

A youthful-looking girl of about eleven years old was standing on the Platform 9 and 3/4 alongside her mother, who was the only witch apart from herself whom she had ever known. She flattened down her light blonde hair a little, looking straight into the bright green eyes of her mother, which contrasted with the stormy grey of her own. Her mother smiled at her encouragingly, but they turned their glances away from each other as they began to walk towards an entrance to the train, the girl lugging her trunk behind her - she had not got any cage or basket for a pet, just her own self and her belongings, which wasn't saying much apart from her wand, schoolbooks and other such things. Her mother smiled at her once more, and then began to speak as Clarity Aethona Auris stepped upon a step into the train, heaving her trunk up along with her with considerable effort. At eleven years old, a heavy trunk is extremely hard to carry, even if you're dragging it along behind you.

"Clarity, I'll see you next June! Or maybe before that, depending on certain circumstances - oh, don't worry, that's just a little joke of mine - nothing will actually happen to any of us, do you hear? Your father and I will be perfectly safe by ourselves back in Puddington, and you can write to us if you feel you want to. Use one of the school's owls if you need to send the letter, seeing as you don't have an owl of your own. Make sure you pay attention to the rules - I hear the Head Staff of Hogwarts can sometimes be very strict about their little rules, so of course don't try to cross anyone. Also, try to make friends! There are many people who are going to be in whatever House you're sorted into, and if you can't make friends with them, you talk to the others and see if you can get friendly with them. You'll find that there's always room for friendship at any age or in any place, no matter how daunting it seems. I envy you, Clarity! You're getting a whole adventure of your own, and I'm getting towards the time where I start settling down. Have a nice time, love."

Clarity looked at her mother bravely, and she was determined not to cry at the little speech which she had been presented with, but rather dumped her trunk on the train's step and leapt into her mother's arms to squeeze her ribs hard - Clarity had a good grip for an eleven-year-old girl. "I promise I'll have a good time, mum. I know that it'll be really fun, although I am worried about making friends. The Muggles who saw me doing weird stuff in school immediately went off me, but here it'll be okay, right? Even if it's accidental like all those other times?" she asked gently, looking up at her mother as she drew away from the hug slightly.

"Of course, Clarity. Oh, and I don't think that you'll have little accidents like those anymore. Once a witch has bonded to a wand, they often don't have little bursts of uncontrollable magic like that, seeing as their magic is being channelled by that wand. Sure, you might see that you accidentally make your wand do stuff unintentionally, but that's all okay. Everyone will know what you're doing and understand, and it's not like you can unintentionally murder someone!" her mother replied light-heartedly, patting her daughter's back. "I think it's time you got on that train, young miss. We don't want you to be late." With a wink, Clarity's mother gently pushed her towards the train, where Clarity picked out a handle of her trunk again and began to drag it along behind her once more, looking towards her mother and waving wildly in goodbye. Sure, the train hadn't left yet, but she'd have to get the waving done with before she left, as well as all the other goodbyes which had already been completed.

She dusted off her light grey chequered shirt, short-sleeved and everything. It didn't look like it was a very girly thing to wear, but neither were her dark blue denim shorts, nor her grey converse - a brand of Muggle shoes which she found very stylish - but she didn't really care what she was dressed like at the moment. They'd all be dressed in their plain school robes soon enough, probably, so she decided to take an empty compartment, of which there were plenty at this moment, and she found she had a perfect view of the scenery - not that there was any at the time, considering they hadn't left the station yet. She could, however, see her mother, with her curly, mahogany-coloured hair and her bright green eyes, still clear to her even through the window and at a certain distance. Clarity had, for the most part, inherited the main parts of her father's appearance, including hair colour and eye colour, as well as the way she had no freckles of which to speak, or anything like that. She placed her hands on her knees, watching a cat scurry past - there was probably someone else on the train, too, and their cat had gotten loose. She wasn't going to get involved in other peoples' affairs for the time being, though. No-one liked a nosy person.

((I have an excuse for americanizing my posts :3))

Upon discovering a compartment that was totally empty, Cole set most of his luggage on the overhead rails and sat down, putting his owl's cage on the seat beside him. Closing his eyes and leaning back, Cole wondered when they would be required to change into school robes. His guess would have been immediately upon boarding the train, but here he was wearing Muggle clothing on the Hogwarts Express.

Still clinging onto her mothers arm, Caitlin gazed up at the Hogwarts Express, taking in every detail of it's breathtaking majesty. She knew there was no going back now - she had passed through the barrier, the only thing she could do now was to get onto the train. Caitlin's mother made a start towards one of the doors, but Caitlin tugged her back.

"What's wrong, Caitlin?" her mother asked, frowning, "Aren't you excited?" Caitlin looked down at her feet, and then replied in a voice so quiet that it was a strain to hear her.

"Of course... just... I'm scared, mum..." she whispered. Her mother gave her a weak smile, and rubbed her daughter's shoulder reassuringly.

"You'll make friends, easy. People will even be queuing up for you to help them with their work, I bet!" her mother chuckled. An even weaker smile flashed upon Caitlin's face. Her father returned, having removed his daughter's possessions from their trolley.

"But you are excited, right? All those spells you've read about? And with brains like yours," her father reassured her, "if anyone annoys you, you could just turn them into a skunk and make them fly down the loo..."

A broad smile appeared on Caitlin's face. This seemed to be what her parents wanted to see, as they picked her up from under her arms and replaced her on the step leading onto the train, passing her trunk and Vexen to her. The broad smile still present, Caitlin gave them a wave, then went off to find a free compartment.

---

Hollie was ridiculously excited - she was so anxious to get on the train, she gave her parents the swiftest of kisses and hugs, unloading the trolley by herself. The black owl in the cage was glancing around, looking quite bored, several owl treats laying abandoned underneath him.

"Write me!" she called to her parents, having already dived onto the train. Her parents, who seemed to expect this, gave a weary wave to her. Satisfied, Hollie strolled off down the length of the train, her pink hair trailing behind her, looking for a compartment with someone in it. She was eager to make friends.

Thane found an empty compartment and sat in it whistfully. He admired the gleaming rails as the train pumped out steam and he sat back, grinning at the thought of Hogwarts. He took out his wand and examined it thoughtfully. He finally had a wand.

Luke found an empty compartment. Oh wait, its not empty, there's a boy examining his wand sitting on the compartment.
Luke sat across him, quick scanning him, and then greeted the boy "Hello."

Savannah walked through the many corridors of the Hogwarts Express, still taking in the breathtaking sights. She'd known that thousands of people were on this train, but she hadn't thought it'd be this hard to find an empty compartment. If I don't find one, I will force whoever is in the next one I come across out of their compartment. Smirking at the thought, she looked down at Ross, whispering, “Don’t worry, I’ll just find a compartment and then I’ll let you out, alright?”

Ross mewed, almost like he understood. A genuine smile danced across his owner’s lips before it was replaced with a scowl as she walked past another compartment with occupants. Then, almost like the universe loved her, she found an empty compartment. Heading inside, she closed the door behind her. Putting her bags and broom above her seat, she let Ross out of his cage, as promised. He leaped onto one of the seats and promptly fell asleep.

Savannah shook her head. Picking up one of her books, she sat down on the opposite seat. Glancing down at her black jeans and red dress shirt, she decided that she’d change into robes later, beginning to read up on the Dark Arts.

As Justin walked down the hall he began to search for a compartment. Most of them were full at the moment and he sighed. He noticed one compartment where Luke was, walking towards that one and asking, "Hey is it okay if I sit here? Every where else is full..."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom