• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Oblivious [A Harry Potter RP] {Start-up}

Status
Not open for further replies.
"WTH man!!!" Uranus shouted as the flames engulfed him. He took out his wand and pointed it at himself. Uranus shouted Aguamenti and at once, jets of water came out of his wand and extinguished the flames. He quickly apparated to the Hospital Wing. Uranus quickly took some burn ointments then apparated to the Astronomy Tower. He applied the burn ointments on his burns that he got from Sol's unexpected attack.

Staring at Evan, she contemplated hitting him over the head with her broomstick in her trunk. Shaking her head, she said, glaring at the blonde, "Or you could use the killing curse on someone who's dying of a slow death of, oh let's say dragonpox. This way it's less painful for them." shrugging, she looked down at her hands, silently promising herself not to answer anymore questions, unless that blonde kept talking.

Last edited:
OOC: So wait, will my student unknowingly be in the class or does he have to arrive as a late student?

After applying the ointment on his burns, Uranus apparated to the Hospital and back to the Astronomy. He then started talking to himself.

"I can't duel Sol! He's the Headmaster. I'll just hide if he strikes again."

"I can't barge into classes. That is so sad."

After minutes of talking to himself, he fell asleep.

"Or you could use it to protect someone you love." Luke casually says, and leaned on his chair "now let's say, your mother is attacked by a sadistic psychopath that has just escaped Azkaban. Imagine the psychopath threatens her, pointing his wand to her neck. What will you do? Begs him not to kill your mother? Of course you will just kill him, with Avada Kedavra right?"

Daemon sat there silently, scratching his head in thought. 'Could you eat them?' he thought, 'I doubt they'd taste very good if you could...'

Logan trembled at the thought of the Unforgivables. They had lead to several deaths among his ancestors.

Seeing that no one else was answering the professor's question, Nathan decided to give it his best attempt. He said, almost in a question like manner, "Do they look like mushrooms?"

Ryan Bishop, a Gryffindor student who had kept quiet the whole time during the Herbology lesson, spoke up. "Can't you identify them by their shape, color, and maybe where they're growing?" he asked, pulling his nose out of a book.

Red was listening to Professor Lyre's discussion and his fellow classmates' answers. He read his book and studied carefully the Unforgivable curses. He copied some notes then decided to answer the Professor's question.

"The Imperius Curse might be useful to a friend who might be nervous, anxious or something like that. He/She will unknowingly do what he/she was nervous about and completely forget it once the Curse wears off, right?"

Staring at Eliot, she contemplated hitting him over the head with her broomstick in her trunk.

OOC: Naw, he's in herbology with Caitlin, not Dark Arts. He was suggesting that as a way to identify toadstools. Evan's in Dark Arts, maybe you mean him? He is being nihilistic.

"Sir, this may be somewhat off topic, but will we be getting to do any labs today?" Eliot asks.

Professor Hawthorn smiled as various students in his class called out some answers, the first coming from Eliot, a first-year student in Gryffindor House. He had noted earlier how the child had sat on the Hufflepuff table for breakfast, and supposed that he was making friends with a certain Hufflepuff girl, and he had also seen them both in the company of a rather shy-appearing Ravenclaw student, too.

"Perhaps one could attempt eating them?" he asked, and Professor Hawthorn chuckled light-heartedly.

"Ah, no, I'm afraid. Toadstools are technically defined as poisonous mushrooms, so I suppose that you'd kind of... die... if you ate one.

Another student who Professor Helstrom did not know the name of spoke up. "Do they look like mushrooms?"

"Good point! They do indeed look like mushrooms--" Professor Helstrom would have continued, but another student shouted out their answer.

"Can't you identify them by their shape, color, and maybe where they're growing?" this student asked - Professor Helstrom didn't even recall this boy walking into his class, but he shrugged, smiling encouragingly.

"That's probably the best answer that I've got - 5 points to Gryffindor for your answer..." Professor Helstrom said, trailing off to look through his register. "Ryan."

"Sir, this may be somewhat off topic, but will we be getting to do any labs today?" Eliot piped up.

"Er, maybe - depends on how much time we have once I'm finished. So, basically, toadstools are easily identified by their umbrella-shaped caps and their stem form; their colours and other unique attributes vary from species to species. Although they are usually easily spotted, anyone should have on hand some kind of key to identify what toadstool they have in front of them, just to be on the safe side. Investigating toadstools can be dangerous, and if you're finding that you have to ask yourself if it is a mushroom or a toadstool, follow a basic, easy-to-remember rule: 'When in doubt, throw it out!' Personally, I don't particularly like this rule, but I'm learned enough to know what is what. And even though toadstools are dangerous, they are not excluded from 'edible' potions - those that'll be ingested, per say.

"As Ryan pointed out, you can also identify them by where they grow - generally, toadstools tend to grow in dark, damp, dank conditions. You can find them in a number of places, such as hidden nooks and crannies in forests, under the shades of trees, and perhaps even in a dark corner of your back garden. Toadstools also come in a variety of colours, from bright oranges to rich browns, and other extraordinary colours. There are a few ways to identify mushrooms other than those I've just mentioned, so bear with me as I write them on the board. You can talk amongst yourselves whilst I do so."

Ryan grinned to himself as he scribbled down some notes. When he finished, he turned around and faced the rest of the class.

Nathan heard the correct answer from the professor and wrote down the most important points on the page entitled "toadstools" He then added to his list as the professor began to write on the board. He looked up from his page to see that the Gryffindor student who had answered correctly was now looking back at the rest of the class. Nathan looked at him with a blank expression then went back to copying down the notes from the board.

Dracaena quietly leafed through her book, searching for a spell they might actually be allowed to practice. What a strange class, she thought. Why teach us about spells if we've been "forbidden" to use them, even if somebody tries them on us?

OOC: Inactive for 3 weeks and 5 pages of RPG? SERIOUSLY?

ooc;; @Space Core
[slightrant] Look, while I can appreciate that this is slow-moving and that, yes, this is mostly my fault for being an inactive GM if you're going to make comments like that, for which you have absolutely no reason to other than to criticise my running of things (however distantly), that frankly offer no input towards the actual RP and contribute nothing to the storyline - don't make them. If you don't like the way I run things? Go and find a different GM who runs a different RP. Normally I wouldn't be so annoyed, but it's not just the fact that this comment was pointless and was completely uneeded - I have said Multiple Times, capital M, capital T, not to post ooc comments in the start-up. Maybe you didn't notice, or maybe you don't bother reading ooc comments/ GM posts or just skim past what's written, but even then the sign-up thread is left open for a reason. Use it. While I would still have been annoyed even if this had been posted in the sign-up thread, it wouldn't have been that big of a deal. It's just the way you have completely gone against something that has been repeated multiple times, by multiple people I must add, without even bothering to add on an in-charater post alongside it. you're criticising us for the lack of activity and yet you haven't contributed anything in that post either. I could add more, but frankly I don't want to waste any more of my time typing out something that will probably only be skimmed over anyways. In essence;
DON'T MAKE OOC POSTS IN THIS THREAD, UNLESS YOU ARE A GM, AND ESPECIALLY NOT IF THEY DON'T CONTRIBUTE ANYTHING.
Also Space Core please don't feel offended or anything I'm just over-tired and things and these little nit-pickety things just get to me sometimes.[/slightrant]

Aside from that my deepest apologies for my inactivity. My interest here is waning and as such I haven't been putting in as much effort as should be expected by someone running such a large RP. Sorry. I'm also really sorry if I seemed cruel/cutting/harsh etc. above, I'm just pretty stressed out at the moment and this sort of thing doesn't help. As such, anyone who makes an ooc comment in this thread without it adding anything significant to the rp they will be banned from contributing anymore to this particular RP. Ok? Ok. Sorry guys.

---

Lyre nodded in Hollie's direction, clapping his hands together as he continued. "Of course that depends entirely on your belief in the death sentence or not, but it is probably one of the few ways one could justify killing another person. 5 points to Hufflepuff."

There was a slight pause as he listened to Savannah's answer, grinning slightly when she had finished. "I'm not sure if you were aware yourself, but I must mention that the Killing Curse wasn't actually originally intended as a dark spell - healers at St. Mungos would use it when they had no option but to euthanise a patient. That's the reason it causes no real pain to whoever is hit by it - it was a swift and painful death in comparison to the slow and painful one one could have been forced to suffer instead. Your answer was exactly right, if one can really class an answer to a question so philosophical as this one correct or incorrect. 10 points to Hufflepuff for a surprisingly accurate response."

He nodded towards Luke. "Likewise many could justify killing someone to protect one you loved, or cared for." Glancing sideways at the one student who had said something about the Imperius - a topic he had moved off of a fair few minutes ago he decided not to comment, instead pausing to pose one, final question.

"But can anyone tell me how you could possibly justify the Cruciatus curse?"

---

Semper glanced upwards towards Lyre, apparently still somewhat irritated at the man for dragging him away during the Sorting Ceremony. He sighed quietly to himself, still scrawling down his notes despite his annoyance. Thin, spidery writing looped across his pages, his quill scratching gently as it moved along the parchment. A sudden jolt of his hand sent a splatter of ink flying across the page, and Semper hissed a curse under his breath. The cruciatus. As far as he was concerned there was no possible way one could justify it, regardless of the situation. Nonetheless his classmates' answers could be interesting, at least.

---

Rachel mostly kept her silence, glancing upwards every now and then to scrawl down a few notes on her parchment, her writing messy and ink bleeding across the page. She wasn't used to atually having to write with a quill - she usually just dictated her notes to a magical one, who'd copy the notes down for her. Deciding that for the most part trying to write notes about anything was a pointless venture Rachel put her quill down, having finished writing, no matter how unreadable the words littering her page were.

She glanced upwards, apparently deciding to listen to the Professor and try to engage in conversation with someone.

---
ooc;; still so sorry guys ;___;

Savannah couldn't help herself. She smiled. And this time, it was a very real smile. Ten points for Hufflepuff! She'd gotten five earlier, so in total she had already accumulated fifteen points for her house in less than a period. If she continued at this rate all year, she would net thousands of points! And the information about the killing curse was quite interesting. Drumming her fingers against the table, she thought deeply about the Cruciatus curse, her eyes flitting to Semper beside her. Smirking as she watched ink splatter across his page, she glanced down at her hands. The other curses had been much easier to justify then this one.

Daemon raised his hand surprisingly. Though he didn't tend to express it much, Daemon actually was reasonably intelligent. "The Cruciatus curse isn't exactly easy to justify. While I'm not sure if this could be completely justified, but you could use it to get information out of a criminal. It wouldn't exactly be completely successful as it could just end up driving them into madness." he spoke aloud, before pulling down his hand and awaiting the professor's response.

Logan stared at Daemon in surprise. He hadn't known him for long, and all he expected out of the werewolf was pointless gibberish and revenge fueled obscenities,

Nathan continued to listen to the professor and copy down the notes on the board when he spotted the familiar blue hair of the girl he had previously met on the train the day before and had breakfast with earlier. He realized she must've come into the class after him as she wasn't in the room when he entered. He looked at her as if saying "hi"

ooc;; if you hadn't already quit at this point you would've been banned. I know you aren't going to read this post, but regardless posting what you just did in this thread isn't funny - regardless as to whether you're leavingg or not there was no need to post that in the IC thread. As far as I can see doing that was solely to prove a point and/or get a rise out of me. It hasn't worked, and it just makes you look immature. While it shouldn't bother you at all if you're quitting so easily you are henceforth banned from posting in either the Start-up or Sign-up for Oblivious.
---

Rachel grinned at Nathan, apprently pleased she wasn't the only one looking for something to do. Waving her hand slightly in response she quirked an eyebrow at their teacher, as though asking the other student's opinion of him. While she herself wasn't really one to form too much of an opinion about something so early on it would still be nice to hear another's thoughts, even if they were negative. It also made for good gossip, but Rachel was pretty sure she'd rather settle in a bit first before treading into dangerous territory.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom