• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Obscure Pokémon anime trivia

Fun Fact! Klang is the only gen 5 Pokémon to yet appear in a regular anime episode. Even though that both Klink and Klinkklang did appeared in the anime. It's only 3 appearances to date were:

-Movie 14
-Movie 23
-Mewtwo - Prologue To Awakening.

You could argue that it did appear in the Mewtwo thing, but this is a special episode that it's not counted as part of the main anime series.

Fun Fact! Klang is the only gen 5 Pokémon to yet appear in a regular anime episode. Even though that both Klink and Klinkklang did appeared in the anime. It's only 3 appearances to date were:

-Movie 14
-Movie 23
-Mewtwo - Prologue To Awakening.

You could argue that it did appear in the Mewtwo thing, but this is a special episode that it's not counted as part of the main anime series.
Didn’t Curtis have one in BW?

Er...sorry. I misremembered his name. It’s Virgil.
Virgil only used Klang in the Mewtwo episode that I mentioned. And that episode is not considered a ''main series'' one cuz it's purpose was only to be a prologue to the Genesect Movie.

And btw, it's possible he doesn't even owns the Klang: It's been highly implied that it was his parent's pokemon.

Virgil only used Klang in the Mewtwo episode that I mentioned. And that episode is not considered a ''main series'' one cuz it's purpose was only to be a prologue to the Genesect Movie.

And btw, it's possible he doesn't even owns the Klang: It's been highly implied that it was his parent's pokemon.
Well, I mean, ownership is irrelevant as we’re just talking about appearances here.

But fair enough, I didn’t realize he only had it in the Prologue episode, I just remembered him having one in general.

More a coincidence, but the first time Pokémon was referenced in the Arrowverse was Cisco Ramon/Vibe mentioning Bulbasaur to be his favorite. The episode was titled Honey, I Shrunk Team Flash.

Similarly title to the third Pokémon episode to have Ash and a couple of his friends shrink.

Out of all of Ash's companions, Brock and Cilan are tied in having the most Pokémon with confirmed abilities, at least up until this moment.

The ranking is:

- 1 place: Brock and Cilan with 2.
- 2 place: May, Dawn*, Iris, Clemont, Sophocles, Goh all with 1
- 3 place: Misty, Bonnie**, Serena, Lillie, Lana, Mallow, Kiawe all with 0

* - Dawn is a special case here, since the only Pokémon that she has with a confirmed ability is Buizel, which ended up being traded over. This leaves room to argue that she could potentially belong in the 3 place.

** - Bonnie is another one that can be discussed, cuz the only Pokémon she had was Dedenne, which technically speaking, belongs to Clemont.

Last edited:
Out of all of Ash's companions, Brock and Cilan are tied in having the most Pokémon with confirmed abilities, at least up until this moment.

The ranking is:

- 1 place: Brock and Cilan with 2.
- 2 place: May, Dawn*, Iris, Clemont, Sophocles, Lillie, Goh all with 1
- 3 place: Misty, Bonnie**, Serena, Lana, Mallow, Kiawe all with 0

* - Dawn is a special case here, since the only Pokémon that she has with a confirmed ability is Buizel, which ended up being traded over. This leaves room to argue that she could potentially belong in the 3 place.

** - Bonnie is another one that can be discussed, cuz the only Pokémon she had was Dedenne, which technically speaking, belongs to Clemont.
What s Goh's mons abillity

Tracey is the only main character who wasn't introduced within the first five episodes of his native series.
  • Ash, Misty, May, Dawn, Iris, Serena, Clemont, Bonnie, the Alola Gang, and Goh were all introduced in the first episode of their respective series.
  • Jessie and James were introduced in the second episode of the anime.
  • Max was introduced in episode 3 of Ruby & Sapphire.
  • Brock and Cilan were both introduced in the fifth episode of their respective series.
  • Meanwhile, Tracey didn't appear until episode 84 of the original series.

Back
Top Bottom