• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Obscure Pokémon anime trivia

No. Zen Mode is Darmanitan's hidden ability. It's regular ability is Sheer Force.
Yes but almost all Darmanitan in the anime have Zen Mode.
This also brings up the interesting fact about how Darmanitan is the only Pokemon who has only been shown with its Hidden Ability, as no Darmanitan has ever been confirmed to have its regular Ability.

OK everyone mocks Thunder Armor to bits and as someone who has played the games for a looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong time I can see why, but I think Ash's swellow needs to be examined because we all agree that that should NOT have worked...
And yet, for some reason, it did.
Am I the only one who fears that Swellow?

OK everyone mocks Thunder Armor to bits and as someone who has played the games for a looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong time I can see why, but I think Ash's swellow needs to be examined because we all agree that that should NOT have worked...
And yet, for some reason, it did.
Am I the only one who fears that Swellow?
I don't think this is the correct thread for this. Maybe the Anime & Manga General Discussion or Controversial opinions?

Not that this is important, it's more of a curiosity, in how many dubs is Satoshi voiced by a male voice actor? I know only the Brazilian Portuguese (the one I grew up with), and maybe the Italian one (not 100% sure though, might be mistaken here).
He's always been voiced by males in Turkish dubs.

The Team Rocket Motto that debuts in episode BW023 where they change back to their White Uniforms was first seen in a preview prior to the debut of Pokemon Best Wishes! However, in that preview, Team Rocket were still wearing their black uniforms as opposed to the white uniforms while reciting their Kanto Motto. So the decision to make them go back to their white uniforms could have been a last-minute palaette swap, I guess.
1615411070158.png
1615411089959.png

Attachments

• 1615411090302.png
    1615411090302.png
    160.9 KB · Views: 31
He's always been voiced by males in Turkish dubs.
In the Italian dub he is still voiced by the same guy since EP001. He may also have dubbed Ash more than anyone alse, considering that seasons 1, 3 (and possibly 2) were completely reddubbed around 2009 in Italy at request of TPCI, keeping at least half of the original cast (Misty and Gary got recasted, Brock and Meowth had already changed their voice actors before, Ash Oak James and Jessie were still the same). I hope one day TPCI will make available the original italian dub.

Last edited:
Ash's Journeys Design looks really similar to Red's Design from LGPE (?). Notice the similarities (?) Ironically I wish he could have wore the same clothes & hat Red does in LGPE, the outfit would fit him much better than the one he has. I remember a very whimsical comparison with plenty of images that was posted when Ash's JN Design was leaked, I'd be happy if somebody could post that again. I believe it was made by a Japanese Fan.

1615415820307.png
1615415869768.png

Attachments

• 1615415875004.png
    1615415875004.png
    965.8 KB · Views: 24
Ash's Journeys Design looks really similar to Red's Design from LGPE (?). Notice the similarities (?) Ironically I wish he could have wore the same clothes & hat Red does in LGPE, the outfit would fit him much better than the one he has. I remember a very whimsical comparison with plenty of images that was posted when Ash's JN Design was leaked, I'd be happy if somebody could post that again. I believe it was made by a Japanese Fan.

View attachment 140948 View attachment 140949
That means Journeys is the LGPE anime.

Infernape is the only Sinnoh Starter who shares it's Typing with another Pokémon (Blaziken and Emboar)

No other Pokémon is Grass/Ground like Torterra is

No other Pokémon is Water/Steel like Empoleon is

Infernape is the only Sinnoh Starter who shares it's Typing with another Pokémon (Blaziken and Emboar)

No other Pokémon is Grass/Ground like Torterra is

No other Pokémon is Water/Steel like Empoleon is
This is the anime trivia section not the games. Also even tho they made Cinderace pure Fire it should be Fire/Fighting. Same with Incineroar.

Whoops I forgot!..

Okay here's actual Anime Trivia to make up for it

Not counting the Galar Starters, Typholosion is the Final Stage Starter with the Least amount of appearances in the Anime.

In fact Typhlosion and Togetic are the only Pokémon officially introduced in Gen 2 not to appear in the Main Series until Gen 3

Back
Top Bottom