• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Obscure Pokémon anime trivia

Ash (Seasons 1-12) and Giselle are brothers.
This is kinda squicky in hindsight, considering Giselle was one of the few girls Ash reacted to.

Also, kinda curious in my opinion, but I'm surprised Irwin Daayan was also in the dub. He tends to dub either annoying characters or show-offs (like Suneo from Doraemon or Sheen from Jimmy Neutron)*, so I guess it is no surprise that he was the voice of the infamous Samurai and one of Joe's bullies back in OS. He was also Bill, so not every single role was like that.

*I might be kinda wrong here, but those are generally the roles that he ended up playing in the series I remember.

When Brock and Misty showed up in the SM series, they're sporting their original outfits. Since SM has a simpler art style, Brock's vest has two pockets instead of four. But whenever a flashback to their Kanto/Johto adventures showed up, Brock's vest was drawn with four pockets as it originally was. This means that Brock is wearing a different vest now instead of its design being retconed.
kdtrjTt.png

I never pointed this out because I didn't want to feed wrong theories, but the design of Ash's house in the current series is the same one from the I Choose You! movie, which is different from all its previous appearences. The main differences are the location and frame of the upper front window, and the sizes of the two windows in the orchard side.
Here's a comparison between XY, ICY and PM19
vvwveRG.png

The first (real life) hint that Ash's Froakie was going to evolve was that when Greninja appeared in Smash 4, its Japanese, English, French and German voice actors all coincided with those who voiced Ash's Froakie in those languages.

When Pokémon Theme was remixed for season 17, all foreign dubs caught on and used their respective lyrics from their season 1 translations. No way this was a coincidence, considering some dubs weren't competent enough to keep the lyrics when they dubbed Born To Be a Winner back in season 4. My guess is that The Pokémon Company had a hand in this.

Apparently, the Greek dub staff for season 17 didn't know what to do after higher-ups told them the lyrics translation for the season 17 intro had to be consistent with the season 1 intro, because the songs weren't dubbed into Greek back then (they were kept in English). Luckily, some Pokémon fans were at the studio at the moment, and told them an obscure translation did indeed exist: the 2.B.A. Master CD. That CD had been released in Greek, but its translation and distribution had no affiliation whatsoever with the Greek anime dub (neither the voice actors or the terminology used in the songs was even consistent with the anime). Still, they ended up using those lyrics from the CD, for the first time in the anime.

Last edited:
XY is the only series Ash hasn't cross-dressed.
Yup. That was because Serena did the cross-dressing episode for that series instead.

The anime only has poke balls, master balls, and beast balls.

and safari balls
Apricorn_Pok%C3%A9_Balls_anime.png

Fast_Ball_anime.png

Heavy_Ball_anime.png

Park_Ball_anime.png

Luxury_Repeat_Ball_anime.png

Premier_Ball_anime.png

Dive_Ball_anime.png

Dusk_Ball_anime.png

Heal_Ball_anime.png

Various_Pok%C3%A9_Balls_XY079_2.png

Various_Pok%C3%A9_Balls_XY079_1.png

As you can see, most Poké Ball variants have been seen in the anime.

I have never heard of adult male voice actors voicing young girls, except for parody purposes.
Dude, the guy that posted that is a Spanish speaker like me, so there's a good chance he forgot about the word "siblings", which is a pretty common mistake for me.

EDIT: In other words, no, Giselle was not dubbed by a man.

Dude, the guy that posted that is a Spanish speaker like me, so there's a good chance he forgot about the word "siblings", which is a pretty common mistake for me.

Oh, translation mistake. Happens all the time.

I have never heard of adult male voice actors voicing young girls, except for parody purposes.
There used to be an adult actor in my country who voiced young boys and, sometimes, tomboyish-sounding girls (IIRC, he voiced Stephanie from Lazy Town). But to be fair I believe he had a vocal cord disorder.

There used to be an adult actor in my country who voiced young boys and, sometimes, tomboyish-sounding girls (IIRC, he voiced Stephanie from Lazy Town). But to be fair I believe he had a vocal cord disorder.
Wait, what? *goes to Doblaje Wiki* Yup, that's true, but only for the first season. His name is René Pinochet. He also dubbed young!Trip, apparently.

EDIT: Yes, he also had a vocal cord disorder.

Oh, the wording confused me since I don’t speak Spanish... sorry if I increased the confusion.

Back
Top Bottom