• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Obscure Pokémon anime trivia

The reason why Pokemon Advanced Generation is called this is because of the console that the Gen 3 games were released on, Game Boy Advance.
As of JN136, Ash’s Pidgeot and Primeape are the only released Pokemon of his that he hasn’t reunited with.

The reason why Pokemon Advanced Generation is called this is because of the console that the Gen 3 games were released on, Game Boy Advance.
As of JN136, Ash’s Pidgeot and Primeape are the only released Pokemon of his that he hasn’t reunited with.
Technically speaking he hasn't reunited with Ambipom either but tbf she was no longer his by the time she was released

Technically speaking he hasn't reunited with Ambipom either but tbf she was no longer his by the time she was released
Neither Primeape nor Ambipom has technically been released. Both of them have just been given away to other people to be trained. So Pidgeot is the only one.

Another piece if Trivia that some may not know

Lusamine's name is a pun on the term "Lose a Mind"!
Is it actually, though? I mean, it would be fitting but the official pronunciation doesn't exactly match up, especially in Japanese.

I don't genuinely know whether this bit of info is obscure or rather more popular, but there is an official English version of "Type Wild" from 2000, which has just never been used in the international version.

Reminds me that they also did an English version of "We Are", the theme of One Piece.

I wonder if their other animes also had their themes translated...

James’s Chimecho is the only Pokémon from Team Rocket that has never battled Ash.

Additionally, James’s Morpeko is the only Pokémon from Team Rocket (excluding Growlie or temporaries) that has never been sent blasting off.

Welll... this didn't age well now, did it?

I doubt that's the reason. It's not a big deal to show gambling to kids in Turkey.
I mean, don't get me wrong, I'm not turkish so I have no idea how it is there, but it's important to note this ep is from 1998 and it's currently 2022, a whooping 24 years gap, nearly a 1/4 of a decade. Maybe it's not a big deal now, but maybe it was back then? Idk, just spitballing here lol.

All those scenes were inconsequential to the story to my recollection. I wonder why they didn't just cut them if that was the case.
Because it wasn't the case. I think it is merely an oversight by the channel broadcasting the show. As marshiyanmisuta pointed out, it has never been a big deal for the gambling to be presented for kids on TVs in Turkey. Although Turkey had its time not having an official distributor in Turkey for the games, while the gambling in the Pokémon games was an issue for Europe, Turkey never limited any sort of games regardless of their demos with such contents at any time in the past.

I have no idea who came up with such speculation on Bulbapedia with no source whatsoever, but I just cannot see it being the case at all.

Also it is worth noting that when we got the first season on Netflix, they did not skip the Jigglypuff episode this time.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom