• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Obscure Pokémon anime trivia

This may be pretty common knowledge amongst some people, but I'll list it in case someone doesn't know it yet:

Ash Ketchum, the soon-to-be former protagonist of the Pokémon anime, has assembled quite a collection of Pokémon during his nearly 26 years of adventuring. He has owned at least one Pokémon of every type, a male-only species in Tauros, a Shiny Pokémon in Noctowl, a Mythical Pokémon in Melmetal, an Ultra Beast in Naganadel, his Pokémon have used moves of every type, and he has performed Z-Moves, Mega Evolution, Dynamax, and Gigantamax. Only the ownership of a Legendary Pokémon and a female-only species are missing from this list by pre-Generation IX standards.

So basically, catching a Latias would cross off both of those missing points in a single stroke.

Last edited:
This may be pretty common knowledge amongst some people, but I'll list it in case someone doesn't know it yet:

Ash Ketchum, the soon-to-be former protagonist of the Pokémon anime, has assembled quite a collection of Pokémon during his nearly 26 years of adventuring. He has owned at least one Pokémon of every type, a male-only species in Tauros, a Shiny Pokémon in Noctowl, a Mythical Pokémon in Melmetal, his Pokémon have used moves of every type, and he has performed Z-Moves, Mega Evolution, Dynamax, and Gigantamax. Only the ownership of a Legendary Pokémon and a female-only species are missing from this list by pre-Generation IX standards.

So basically, catching a Latias would cross off both of those missing points in a single stroke.

Considering Ultra Beasts are classed as legendaries in the Gen 7 game files... he already has a legendary.

Ash Ketchum, the soon-to-be former protagonist of the Pokémon anime, has assembled quite a collection of Pokémon during his nearly 26 years of adventuring. He has owned at least one Pokémon of every type, a male-only species in Tauros, a Shiny Pokémon in Noctowl, a Mythical Pokémon in Melmetal, an Ultra Beast in Naganadel, his Pokémon have used moves of every type, and he has performed Z-Moves, Mega Evolution, Dynamax, and Gigantamax. Only the ownership of a Legendary Pokémon and a female-only species are missing from this list by pre-Generation IX standards.

Regardless of any speculation for any possible future captures, it still pains me that they never gave him a female-only species or even a "feminine-looking Pokémon". Legendaries are a whole other can of worms that are a good 20x more complicated so I'll not get into it rn, but man, it's so simple to give Ash a "girly mon" but they never bothered to.

Hope they don't do the same to either Roy or any possible male mc.

Not sure how much of "trivia" this constitutes as, but a fun fact that just popped into my head: The first and last times Ash's Pikachu used Volt Tackle, both times were against inanimate objects. Those objects being Team Rocket's egg mecha and then the possesed suit of armor in Night at the Nacrene City Museum!

According to the "Dub Edits" section on Bulbapedia's page for DP162:
The version of this episode that aired in North America and was released on home video leaves all of the original music intact, with the exception of the title card. The version that aired in the United Kingdom, as well as foreign language dubs, replaces most of the music with new music created by The Pokémon Company International.

This one really surprised me, so I checked on Pokémon TV to compare the English version with one of the foreign dubs and it's actually true.

In the English dub of Pokémon Heroes, Latios has the same voice actor as Latias. In the Japanese version, however, he has a distinctively different and more masculine voice. The reason behind this change is unknown to me.
Found a video that shows off Latios's Japanese voice.

Back
Top Bottom