• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Obscure Pokémon game trivia

The Sinnoh games also had variations in some of their music depending on whether it was day or night. Jubilife City adds a saxophone on its night theme, the Pokemon Center music changes to a more relaxed theme. There might be some changes in Sinnoh's music that I'm not aware of depending on whether it's day or night, but I remember those two having this kind of change.

The night version is lower-pitched.
The difference is a little more than that though.

Day time battles use sawtooth waves while Night time battles use square waves; night time battles also play slightly slower than day time battle music. ^_^

Dhelmise can technically take on different forms depending on what it holds on to since the seaweed is the pokemon. It would be interesting to see Dhelmise in different forms in future games.
And of course, the same logic applies to Mimikyuu and its disguises. As well as Sinistea and Polteageist (besides the Antique / Forgery forms)

I thought Dhelmise was the anchor?
According to the Sun PokéDex, it isn't.

Sun said:
Swinging its massive anchor, it can KO Wailord in a single blow. What appears to be green seaweed is actually its body.

That said, other entries seem to imply that the seaweed and the anchor merged. So, it's not that clear cut.

I see. What does the Moon Dex entry say?
Moon said:
The soul of seaweed adrift in the waves became reborn as this Pokémon. It maintains itself with new infusions of seabed detritus and seaweed.

Which explains its typing Ghost/Grass. I wondered why Dhelmise was not a Steel-type until I read the dex entry.

It’s fairly well-known that the Ultra Beasts have a “theme” revolving around prime numbers when it comes to their stat spreads.

But did you know that Ultra Sun & Ultra Moon, which feature an increased focus on the UBs and Ultra Space, were quite fittingly released on a date that consists entirely of prime numbers? (11/17/2017)

In B2W2, they goofed up Cheren's Memory Link team.

In the original BW, if you chose Snivy, Cheren would eventually pick up a Simisage. If you took Tepig, he'd add a Simisear to his team. And if you went with Oshawott, he'd end up with a Simipour. Basically, in BW, his monkey matches the type of your Starter.

But in B2W2, this is shifted so that he has the monkey that's weak to the BW protagonist's Starter. If you had Snivy in BW, he uses Simipour; if you used Tepig, he now has Simisage, and if you selected Oshawott, he's got a Simisear. Oopsie-daisy.

Noticed a curious little piece of dissonance - Galarian Weezing changed form through consumption of high levels of pollutants, and is noted as being markedly better at doing so than the Kantonian version...but, thanks to part-Fairy typing, it is actually less resistant to Poison-type attacks.

What level do the other early route regional birds evolve to the second stage at?

Well, Pidgey evolves at Level 18, Spearow evolves as Level 20, Hoothoot evolves at Level 20, Taillow evolves at Level 22, Pidove evolves at Level 21, Fletchling evolves at Level 17, and Rookidee evolves at Level 18

Noticed a curious little piece of dissonance - Galarian Weezing changed form through consumption of high levels of pollutants, and is noted as being markedly better at doing so than the Kantonian version...but, thanks to part-Fairy typing, it is actually less resistant to Poison-type attacks.

See also this Durant Pokédex entry:

> "They attack in groups, covering themselves in steel armor to protect themselves from Heatmor."

fuckin' OOPS

(I know there's theories and headcanons about the two being in an evolutionary arms race and such, but the games on their own don't really suggest that.)

I'm pretty sure it's heavily implied.

But even if that's so, the wording of that Pokédex entry goes against it. Donning steel armor does nothing but put Durant at a greater disadvantage against Heatmor. If they were evolving in response to, say, Heatmor developing the Fire type, then surely it would be more beneficial to *lose* the steel? Then they would have a somewhat better chance of surviving an attack instead of getting OHKOed. It would be one thing if they talked about the metal being heat-resistant and gave Durant Heatproof as an Ability, but that's not the case. You could posit that they've picked up the armor to defend themselves against Heatmor's previous "iteration" which might've been some other type, but that's where we stray pretty far from what I'd consider is "implied," especially since "heat" is in Heatmor's name.

Back
Top Bottom