• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Obscure Ship Commiseration Corner!

It's sad how little TransceiverShipping stuff I see.

Nate x Yancy, I'm guessing...?

...anyway, I have a couple more I like:

Hilda x Martin: Martin is the guy you ride during Winter, the rich boy.
...I dunno, I just think Martin is really adorable and really sweet. I don't think this pairing has a name, though.:cc

Aaaand, I also like Colress x Rosa... uh, MoonRingShipping, I think it's called?
...yeah, I just... really like the thought of this pairing. And the fan art I've seen isn't helping either.>.<;;

...I dunno, I just think Martin is really adorable and really sweet. I don't think this pairing has a name, though.:cc

It's Warmingupshipping. :)

To be honest, the Ferris wheel dates get very little love. I get excited whenever I see anything involving them, which is just sad.

It's Warmingupshipping. :)

To be honest, the Ferris wheel dates get very little love. I get excited whenever I see anything involving them, which is just sad.

Well ever since I saw this post about Hiker Andy, I started to ship him with Hilbert

I seem to be the only VatonageShipper (Keith x Kate the rangers) here. I always thought Keith was so sweet to her.

I adore RedThreadShipping (Gary/Drew) because the characters are very alike. Sadly, this ship is VERY unpopular, so... I VERY RARELY see fanarts... Usually the only drew ships I see are ContestShipping works. I'm not sure why, but I think Drew and Gary would make a cute couple.

I feel like I am the only one that knows that Raimeishipping (AshxElesa) even exists much less has hints.

I seem to be a fan of obscure ships. My top romantic ships are Colress x Fennel and Caitlin x Dharach, and my top FriendShip (read: platonic) ship is Morty x Eusine. I guess I'm just hipster like that.

:confused:Does ColdCoffeshipping not count as obscure or is it just that obscure? :confused:
Granted, Omerta is my OTP, but ColdCoffe is still awesome. Sadly, all my REALLY cracky ships are other fandoms. Darn.

Well, I'm surprised I've seen nobody talk of JamesxKate (which does not have a name. I checked for one. I was going to call it Angelshipping, but I saw this was already taken). And by Kate, I mean the girl from the Pokemon Chronicles episode "We're No Angels." The end of the episode showed a definite spark between these two, and Kate had clearly developed a crush on James. I thought this was so adorable, and James seemed to pick up on Kate's crush and felt bad that he had to leave.

This is one of those several moments that shows James has more of a heart than any Team Rocket member could ever have. And this is one of things that makes him cool, imo. I just need to figure out a new name for this ship... Ah! Righteousshipping! In reference to Kate mistaking Team Rocket for Team Righteous. Makes enough sense. :D

James and Kate!! I love that pairing and nearly forgot about it. I tried finding it on the never ending romance list but didn't see it at all :(
Yes I do have to agree with you about James that's the reason he's my favorite :D I even have an OC to make it a shipping bicycle.

As for others I would have to say GFChampshipping (Soledad/Robert) they had a few fan fictions but no fan art.

I don't think there's a name for it but Elesa and Flint (Sinnoh) I dunno why but its cute in its own special way.

I think my pairing is a matter of the past now :(

PreciousMetalShipping forever... (<3 the fanart)

While my three favorite Pokemon ships are by no means obscure, there are many MANY ships that I either can easily see actually happening or just find the concept of said ship to be incredibly interesting and would love to see it explored in-depth. And in either case, I would love to see them used in fan art and fan fiction. But for a majority of them, finding fan art or fan fiction with any one of these is surprisingly difficult. And in many cases, I have yet to come up with anything in either area. To name just a few of them:

ThirdPersonShipping (Chobin X Jovi)
CopyShipping (Todd Snap X Duplica)
SchoolShipping/TechShipping (Giselle X Joe)
ElectabuzzShipping (Casey X Georgio)
FemaleImpersonatorShipping (James X Brodie)
FooledShipping (Brodie X Bart)
WeatherShipping (Millie X Bart)
DoppelgangerShipping (Ash X blonde-haired "Ashley" *Satoko*)
LoftyShipping (Ash X red-haired "Ashley" *Satomi*)
PikaleyShipping (Pikachu X blonde-haired "Ashley" *Satoko*)
PointyHairShipping (Latias X Emerald)
PapercutShipping (Latias X Todd Snap)

And believe, there's PLENTY more that I'm having difficulty finding fanart and/or fanfiction for. I would list more ships, but I don't know if there's a limit or not, and if so, I probably already went far beyond it. If anyone knows of ANY pre-existing fanart for the ships I underlined and/or fanfic that focus on any of the ships that are in bold, please let me know where I can find them!

Last edited:
While I have mentioned three of my favourite and rather obscure ships right on the first page, I come here with yet more obscure ships to commiserate over.

ToxicBoltShipping (Lt. Surge/Koga) which a couple of other users in this thread have discussed, in fact it was the TBS thread on this sub forum along with the HonourShipping thread that led to me signing up to these forums.

Calem/Professor Sycamore, I have found no fics for them yet, and very little fanart. But I'm letting this one slide for now since the games have only just come out.

I started shipping VaporeonShipping (personally, Game!Bill x Game!Misty; I already have enough Anime!Misty ships to ship) because I had a head canon that a reason why Misty has dates at Cerulean Cape is because she has a crush on him and wants to make Bill jealous by having dates in front of his house. I can imagine Bill's grandpa reporting to Bill that Misty still has dates in front of his house. I like this better than Misty (Game) dating nameless NPC guy who hangs out in the Pokemon Center and the fact that he doesn't talk about what happened back at Cerulean Cape when the protagonist of HGSS interrupts his and Misty's date.

WarmingUpShipping (Rich Boy Martin x Hilda): Martin is adorable. It needs fanart.

SummerHopeShipping (Ace Trainer Austin x Hilda) is the most noted ship out of all of Hilda's seasonal Ferris Wheel riding partners (I still ship it).

Last edited:
I started shipping VaporeonShipping (personally, Game!Bill x Game!Misty; I already have enough Anime!Misty ships to ship) because I had a head canon that a reason why Misty has dates at Cerulean Cape is because she has a crush on him and wants to make Bill jealous by having dates in front of his house. I can imagine Bill's grandpa reporting to Bill that Misty still has dates in front of his house. I like this better than Misty (Game) dating nameless NPC guy who hangs out in the Pokemon Center and the fact that he doesn't talk about what happened back at Cerulean Cape when the protagonist of HGSS interrupts his and Misty's date.

WarmingUpShipping (Rich Boy Martin x Hilda): Martin is adorable. It needs fanart.

SummerHopeShipping (Ace Trainer Austin x Hilda) is the most noted ship out of all of Hilda's seasonal Ferris Wheel riding partners (I still ship it).

oh my gosh, yes. WarmingUpShipping.
Definitely my favorite season!FerrisWheel ship.
Wish it got more love.D:

Perfect thread for my shipping, lol. I actually have a question, though: does anyone know what the ship name for Serena x Siebold is? Lately I have really grown fond of Siebold, and I've found...maybe a few pieces of fanart that feature this pairing in it. I'm hoping that maybe if I find out what the name is I'll be able to find more fanart, but probably not. Tbh I don't think this ship really is recognized by anyone. xD Also he's pretty much a newly released character, so...yeah.

Been searching like crazy, but to no avail. ._.

Anyway these two seem cute together, in my honest, humble opinion.

I definitely like the idea of Serena x Siebold, but it does seem extremely rare, heh.xP

Anyway, I guess another pairing I've really come to like is Serena x Sycamore.
Does THIS pairing have a name yet, by any chance...?

Please note: The thread is from 9 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom