• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia Ocarina of Time Mafia [Game Thread]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pen

The game is on!
Reaction score
Welcome everyone to Bulbagarden and Zelda Dungeon-Informer’s second cross-community Mafia event! The theme for this game is The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time, and it will be held here within this fine establishment. The hosts are @Mellow Ezlo and myself, and @SoaringDylan will be our Moderator on Duty. Now let’s get this show on the road!

Rules:
- Know the basic Mafia rules.
- Do not communicate with each other outside of the game regarding your roles or the events of the game, unless your role specifically permits it.
- Reveal no information after you have died.
- By default the day phases will be 48 hours and the night phases will be 24 hours.
- Only one role claim is allowed per day period.
- Name claims are forbidden.
- We do not count counter claims as role claims, so if a claim has been made on one day, it is perfectly possible to counterclaim without the risk of being replaced/mod killed for it.
- Bold your votes and unvotes and put them on a separate line.
- Potential votes for Extension will be counted separately from ordinary votes.
- Only one extension will be granted per day and it will add 48 hours to the phase.
- Do not edit or remove your posts for any reason. Any extra thoughts or corrections must be made in a new post.
- You may not use your Role PMs as evidence.
- Do not reveal any outside information.
- The player with the most votes at the end of the day will be lynched. If a majority is reached before the end of the day the game will enter its twilight phase during which posting is still allowed, but votes cannot be changed.
- If the day ends in a tie, nobody will die.
- A player cannot be lynched by a single vote.
- Do not post during the night periods.
- We require every player to make at least 3 posts every game day. If that requirement is not fulfilled we will have to start replacing/mod killing.

It was a peaceful day in Hyrule. The sun was shining and the birds were singing. There was a feast at Lon Lon Ranch to which many guests from all around the kingdom had been invited. There was food being eaten, games being played and plenty of laughs being had. But all of that suddenly stopped when everyone heard a booming thud in the ground. King Zora, who up to this point had been sitting joyfully by the fence, had just fallen over. All the guests ran over to him to see what had happened, and to their surprise he was dead. This meant that the Zora butt water days in Hyrule had come to an end. But it also meant - perhaps more importantly - that there was a killer at the feast! The ranch feast’s guests and hosts took it upon themselves to solve this mystery and avenge King Zora!

The living (20):
@Maniacal Engineer
@funnier6
@Lord Fawful
@Zachie
@Zexy
@AussieEevee
@DekuNut
@Elementar
@Lone_Garurumon
@Pikochu
@ALL MIGHT
@DarthWolf
@Weiss Schnee
@Drift
@Pika_pika42
@Midorikawa
@Arata Kiyoshi Miku
@YIGAhim
@Spoopster
@Libk

Day 1 Begins!

With 20 players alive it takes 11 for a majority lynch. Otherwise the day ends on Wednesday, October 18th 2017 at 3:00 PM EST.

((Disclaimer: We are announcing a public clarification to the Town’s win condition; the Town will win when all members of opposing factions have been eliminated.))

Oh yeah, that's right, you guys do a whole new thread for the main game don'cha?
Interesting that you're publicly announcing Town's win-con though, but, isn't that win-con basically the Town standard?
Anyway,
Vote: DarthWolf
Always scum, can't go wrong.

((Disclaimer: We are announcing a public clarification to the Town’s win condition; the Town will win when all members of opposing factions have been eliminated.))
This is slightly alarming, but to be expected.

Let's get the ball rolling with a vote, shall we?

Vote: Lone_Garurumon

His question regarding the public Town wincon suggests that he does not know why this clarification was necessary, which, at least to me, implies that he does not share the same wincon as I do. Ergo he's not Town.

Look at that, jumping straight to business. How...unexpected.

LG, if it quacks like a duck, looks like a duck, smells like a duck, and tastes like a duck, it's a duck.
Attempting to make my accusation sound anything less than serious, or to cast shade/doubt on my accusation by claiming that I may not be serious makes you ever so slightly more suspicious in my book.

You know what.. I'm more than happy to move straight into seriousness.

It is a bit odd that he doesn't see why the clarification is necessary, which only really makes sense if as M.E. said he had a different Wincon so wouldn't be able to tell why they needed to clarify. This works for me.

UNVOTE: SoaringDylan

VOTE: Lone_Garurumon

I am here! @ALL MIGHT :p

@Lone_Garurumon Who are you? What have you done with Max Goof?! D:

Hey @Midorikawa nice to see ya again, care to give me some meta on everyone? XP

@Zachie Where’s mah reads list boi?! If I don’t see that thing ASAP you’re getting wagoned! :mad:

I’m pretty sure @Weiss Schnee is chef and @Drift is kuro, have I played with any of you others that I don’t recognize? All might is emiya in case you didn’t know.

Hey @DekuNut are going to be present today? I’d like to make sure I can get a read on you.

Vote: Lord Fawful

Your name gives me CHORTLES! XP

Is there some sort of moderator queue for long posts by new people? Should I be getting my post count up?

Ok then, if you're actually serious about this, let me tell you why it's bullshit
  1. It's been a while since the PMs went out
  2. I know my role, so why bother going back to the PM?
  3. Does anybody actually read their win-con if they're just Town or Mafia? Most games won't have any sort of hint whatsoever in there (since they shouldn't), and it's just gonna be the standard "Wipe out hostile factions"/"Hit parity". The legit only time I read my win-cons is if I'm some kind of Indep, since you'll get all you need to know from the Town/Mafia label anyway.

@Lone_Garurumon Who are you? What have you done with Max Goof?! D:
It's a group thing the staff're doing. He'll be back.

I’m pretty sure @Weiss Schnee is chef and @Drift is kuro, have I played with any of you others that I don’t recognize? All might is emiya in case you didn’t know.
Darth and Aussie Eevee were in the Delta Emerald game too, but they both subbed out without doing much. Mido was there too, but aside from them I don't think anyone else was in that game.

Is there some sort of moderator queue for long posts by new people? Should I be getting my post count up?
Yes, but it shouldn't come into effect unless you have a link of some kind in your post. If you do wanna get your post count up though (10 is the number where you'll be totally safe), you'll need to post in forums that aren't part of the F&G banner. I recommend Post Count++.

This is slightly alarming, but to be expected.

Let's get the ball rolling with a vote, shall we?

His question regarding the public Town wincon suggests that he does not know why this clarification was necessary, which, at least to me, implies that he does not share the same wincon as I do. Ergo he's not Town.

Look at that, jumping straight to business. How...unexpected.

This seems pretty legit, but what are the odds of an actual slip up five seconds into the game? If he was scum wouldn’t he just ignore it?
It's a group thing the staff're doing. He'll be back.

Darth and Aussie Eevee were in the Delta Emerald game too, but they both subbed out without doing much. Mido was there too, but aside from them I don't think anyone else was in that game.

Yes, but it shouldn't come into effect unless you have a link of some kind in your post. If you do wanna get your post count up though (10 is the number where you'll be totally safe), you'll need to post in forums that aren't part of the F&G banner. I recommend Post Count++.
Oh good, I probably won’t be linking anything anyway.

Never mind I’m off to post about Pokémon somewhere. -o-

My earlier post should hopefully come down to earth soon.

Oh goody, a defense. I usually love those, but this one is...lacking.

1. Perhaps so, but when a public clarification about something in said role PMs pops up, it's usually a good idea to go back an check that.

2. There's more to a role PM than just your role.

3. Again, a public clarification about said wincon was issued. I would think that, before asking about it, even someone who doesn't usually read their town or mafia wincons, which is not a smart idea FTR, would actually read their wincon to see why the clarification was necessary. It's fairly obvious why this clarification was necessary.

Sorry, but you'll never get a Mine Badge with defenses that poor. :p

I might just be taking a shot in the dark with this but I need info
Sorry!

Really guys? Really?
Ok, so I didn't check the win-con before I responded to that bit, but yes, I checked and I now see why that clarification was necessary. Really though, this is a super flimsy case built from practically nothing. I don't think ME's scum for it though, since what actual scum would kick into serious discussions literally 36 minutes after game start?

Really guys? Really?
Ok, so I didn't check the win-con before I responded to that bit, but yes, I checked and I now see why that clarification was necessary. Really though, this is a super flimsy case built from practically nothing. I don't think ME's scum for it though, since what actual scum would kick into serious discussions literally 36 minutes after game start?

You seem... awfully upset if it really is a flimsy accusation, but I think you’re more of a day 2 lynch so I’ll be looking for a different target today.

@Zachie Where’s mah reads list boi?! If I don’t see that thing ASAP you’re getting wagoned! :mad:
Sorry, hold on! I'll throw something together. :p

The living (20):
@Maniacal Engineer - Scum
@funnier6 - Scum
@Lord Fawful - Scum
@Zachie - Town
@Zexy - Scum
@AussieEevee - Scum
@DekuNut - Scum
@Elementar - Scum
@Lone_Garurumon - Scum
@Pikochu - Scum
@ALL MIGHT - Scum
@DarthWolf - Scum
@Weiss Schnee - Scum
@Drift - Scum
@Pika_pika42 - Scum
@Midorikawa - Scum
@Arata Kiyoshi Miku - Scum
@YIGAhim - Scum
@Spoopster - Scum
@Libk - Scum

Everyone is scum until proven otherwise.

But seriously, I'm leaning more towards LG being scum for reasons above, and ME seems towny bc of him moving straight in for the kill. Everyone else is scum until proven otherwise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom