• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia Ocarina of Time Mafia [Game Thread]

Status
Not open for further replies.
just seems really strange that you would claim when nobody was asking you too
Actually I was asked to claim more or less. Day one I said I would to clear things up, and mid day 2, I was asked if I was still gonna claim, so here I am

Why are people thinking there's an Indep killing role though? Besides Elementar (who is making no f*cking sense), there's no reason to believe it wasn't just a vig taking a shot at Fawful, who lots of people were thinking looked scummy.

There’s plenty of reason to believe it actually, you might want to reread.

Why are people thinking there's an Indep killing role though? Besides Elementar (who is making no f*cking sense), there's no reason to believe it wasn't just a vig taking a shot at Fawful, who lots of people were thinking looked scummy.
Until we know for sure either way we need to assume that it exists. It may turn out not to be, but if we just refuse to believe it because it seems unlikely then we're just digging our own graves. Always believe a role is possible until it's proven otherwise. I've played too many games where people have been lynched because their role "couldn't exist in this game" and they turned out to be telling the truth.

There’s plenty of reason to believe it actually, you might want to reread.
Or maybe you could be helpful and point out the post where this "softclaim" came from for Elementar that you seem to be able to see and believe him for, because clearly I can't see it.

Anything is possible. We're potentially playing a game with mafia/cult/ITP killer. Note that I did say it's unlikely, but it's still possible.

Until we know for sure either way we need to assume that it exists. It may turn out not to be, but if we just refuse to believe it because it seems unlikely then we're just digging our own graves. Always believe a role is possible until it's proven otherwise. I've played too many games where people have been lynched because their role "couldn't exist in this game" and they turned out to be telling the truth.
"I think he's lying and still suspicious, there might not even be a cop to cc. it's possible!"
"always believe a role is possible until proven otherwise, I've seen too many mislynches from that!"
so do you think he's lying and are willing to potentially lynch the cop or not?

also I don't get your suspicion on emiya, please explain this "bad feeling" you have and from where exactly it comes

"I think he's lying and still suspicious, there might not even be a cop to cc. it's possible!"
"always believe a role is possible until proven otherwise, I've seen too many mislynches from that!"
so do you think he's lying and are willing to potentially lynch the cop or not?
I fail to see your point here. I never said Cop wasn't possible, just that it was possible to not be in the game. Interesting that you're trying to discredit me, though. Noted.
also I don't get your suspicion on emiya, please explain this "bad feeling" you have and from where exactly it comes
Focusing on me listing myself as town and everyone else mafia and suggesting that I'm scum because of that. Defending Darth even though pretty much all of us were explaining why his claim was so bad. Second guessing himself on his own suspicions of myself so that if I was lynched he would potentially be able to go back and say "hey, I did say I was hesitant..." General lack of activity & lack of attention to the game when active. I.E knew that AE claimed knowledge of the Cult but didn't know that ME had done so too even though there was a lot of conversation between the two of them (and us) about it.

I fail to see your point here. I never said Cop wasn't possible, just that it was possible to not be in the game. Interesting that you're trying to discredit me, though. Noted.

Focusing on me listing myself as town and everyone else mafia and suggesting that I'm scum because of that. Defending Darth even though pretty much all of us were explaining why his claim was so bad. Second guessing himself on his own suspicions of myself so that if I was lynched he would potentially be able to go back and say "hey, I did say I was hesitant..." General lack of activity & lack of attention to the game when active. I.E knew that AE claimed knowledge of the Cult but didn't know that ME had done so too even though there was a lot of conversation between the two of them (and us) about it.
it's not that you're saying a cop isn't possible, it's that you're that sure a cop claim is lying and all you have to say about the lack of cc is that there might not even be a cop
so you say you're willing to lynch him because you think he's lying and it doesn't matter that there's no cc because it's possible there isn't even a cop at all, then you say you should always assume that a role is possible and present because you've seen too many mislynches from people thinking a claimed role wasn't actually in the game

pretty sure emiya's answered some of these already, but anyway
@ALL MIGHT this is the case against you now, how do you respond?

Are you sure he soft claimed that he killed piko? Cause the way I understood it he softed he did not kill anyone.
He said fawful wasn’t the vig kill, but said nothing about piko. Which leads me to believe that he vigged piko or knows that piko was vigged. Otherwise I think he would say there was no vig. Why not deny it if there was?
Also the flavor text said ganondorf killed piko.
..............Is FT important on ZD because here it has no relation to the actual events.
Also the flavor text said ganondorf killed piko.
Idk why I have this twice.
Yes. I thought that once I'd be able to know the alignment of M.E, things would clear up. Of course if M.E turned out to be guilty, I would tell everyone, and that would be an almost certain lynch, and another mafia member would be dead.

Of course now I'll either be roleblocked by the second roleblocker (If there is one), or NKed immediately, meaning I won't be much of a help. At least we know that there is most likely a bus driver.
You checked the player who pushed for the death of a mafia....and siftcalimed being immune to cults......why? What made you think he over all the other players needed to be checked?

On another note how about testing your sanity tonight by checking Zexy. We have another check on him so that will confirm it. Either way you’re proven paranoid or insane so mafia will probably ignore you in favor of the real cop.
I find this interesting, especially given how he hasn't played oot and therefore probably wouldn't know about dark link's presense in the game. That post was made before anybody even cited dark link as a possibility. Why is he so sure an independent was responsible? From his perspective, wouldn't the flavor text imply link, a townie?
.....I’m what way does that quite have anything to do with dark link? Seriously dark link isn’t mentioned in that quote. And did Elementar even say that about pot? I think ME did but I don’t think Elementar did. Not sure though. Still that quote had nothing to do with dark link and thus your post makes no sense and does nothing more than trying to make him look acummier than he is.
Well, even people who have never played Ocarina of Time may know of the existence of Dark Link, especially those who have played Zelda II or those who have been hanging around ZD.
Smash bros has dark link. And it’s pretty clear he’s evil.

I'm all caught up. Honestly I'm even more suspicious of YIGA right now. What he's claiming feels far too convenient & it came at a time where nobody was asking him for a claim & nobody was outright targeting him for the lynch, so he effectively took away our claim for the day with little to no reason. It seems really freaking suspicious to me that he claimed to get a result on ME that failed (after he soft claimed Alarmist) and returned a guilty result on Fawful, who died. I'm hesitant to vote him bc of the potential that he could be cop, but I'd like to hear what others think.

Also I agree with the suspicion on ALL MIGHT, something seems very off about him & I get a bad feeling from his actions. Something is up there and I want to find out more.

For now..

VOTE: ALL MIGHT
This vote just feels way off. It’s casting doubt on yoga that I think is actually unnecessary. I honestly think yoga just made a bad play, which may come from irl mafia since I assume to much different. And the vote on all might seems off too. It’s kind of sheepy, and I know he expressed suspicion on him earlier but he had also had him confused with another, then suspected him for another reason that just seemed backtracky.
Another weird thing, is that I did not receive my detection results until the next morning, meaning I must also be a Lazy Cop.
Do you guys receive them at night on ZD because here on bmg we receive them Come day phase.
Um, I believe I’ve just finally realized what elementar was softing so I can only say I believe him.
And what do you believe he was soft claiming?
Regarding the vote, I've been watching him. Stop reading so far into things.
.....this is overly defensive.
Anything is possible. We're potentially playing a game with mafia/cult/ITP killer. Note that I did say it's unlikely, but it's still possible.
......says the one who was trying to put forth the idea of no cop.
Actually I was asked to claim more or less. Day one I said I would to clear things up, and mid day 2, I was asked if I was still gonna claim, so here I am
Not asked to claim, just curious about your feelings -_-

I’m just glad you’re not a sane one.

Again. This is the one who pushed that there is no cop.

Vote: Zachie

He is too contradictory and none of his reasoning or votes seem real. They’re too sheepy and backtracky. And there’s the overly defensiveness against funnier as well as the pushing that there might not be a cop but there could be an SK, both which are bad paranoia.

I still want to hear from all night but I find Zachie way worse right now.

it's not that you're saying a cop isn't possible, it's that you're that sure a cop claim is lying and all you have to say about the lack of cc is that there might not even be a cop
so you say you're willing to lynch him because you think he's lying and it doesn't matter that there's no cc because it's possible there isn't even a cop at all, then you say you should always assume that a role is possible and present because you've seen too many mislynches from people thinking a claimed role wasn't actually in the game
I actually specifically said (twice, in fact) that I was hesitant to lynch him on the off chance that his claim was true.

I did no such thing. I suggested that there was a chance that there wasn't a cop. Pushing for it, and suggesting it as a possibility are two very different things. You're jumping the gun here.

I actually specifically said (twice, in fact) that I was hesitant to lynch him on the off chance that his claim was true.

I did no such thing. I suggested that there was a chance that there wasn't a cop. Pushing for it, and suggesting it as a possibility are two very different things. You're jumping the gun here.
You pushed the idea that there could be no cop. There was no reason for that push. And when looking at the fact that you pushed the idea there could be an SK. It’s too strange and contradictory.

He said fawful wasn’t the vig kill, but said nothing about piko. Which leads me to believe that he vigged piko or knows that piko was vigged. Otherwise I think he would say there was no vig. Why not deny it if there was?

..............Is FT important on ZD because here it has no relation to the actual events.

Idk why I have this twice.

You checked the player who pushed for the death of a mafia....and siftcalimed being immune to cults......why? What made you think he over all the other players needed to be checked?

On another note how about testing your sanity tonight by checking Zexy. We have another check on him so that will confirm it. Either way you’re proven paranoid or insane so mafia will probably ignore you in favor of the real cop.

.....I’m what way does that quite have anything to do with dark link? Seriously dark link isn’t mentioned in that quote. And did Elementar even say that about pot? I think ME did but I don’t think Elementar did. Not sure though. Still that quote had nothing to do with dark link and thus your post makes no sense and does nothing more than trying to make him look acummier than he is.

Smash bros has dark link. And it’s pretty clear he’s evil.

This vote just feels way off. It’s casting doubt on yoga that I think is actually unnecessary. I honestly think yoga just made a bad play, which may come from irl mafia since I assume to much different. And the vote on all might seems off too. It’s kind of sheepy, and I know he expressed suspicion on him earlier but he had also had him confused with another, then suspected him for another reason that just seemed backtracky.

Do you guys receive them at night on ZD because here on bmg we receive them Come day phase.

And what do you believe he was soft claiming?

.....this is overly defensive.

......says the one who was trying to put forth the idea of no cop.

Not asked to claim, just curious about your feelings -_-

I’m just glad you’re not a sane one.

Vote: Zachie

He is too contradictory and none of his reasoning or votes seem real. They’re too sheepy and backtracky. And there’s the overly defensiveness against funnier as well as the pushing that there might not be a cop but there could be an SK, both which are bad paranoia.

I still want to hear from all night but I find Zachie way worse right now.
Ohmigosh the typos. XD

As a matter of fact I have yet to play a game where the flavor lied so there’s that.

I think it’s better to keep that one soft.

This is actually really towny for zachie just letting you know. (Not that you care about meta)

You pushed the idea that there could be no cop. There was no reason for that push. And when looking at the fact that you pushed the idea there could be an SK. It’s too strange and contradictory.
There's a chance we don't even have a cop, even if it's a small chance.
As you can see, I said "there's a chance" and then continued to say "it's a small chance." I also never specifically said that I believe there's an SK. I simply said "third party killer."

You're taking my words and twisting them to suit your own story. I literally said neither of the things that you're claiming that I said.

What made you think he over all the other players needed to be checked?
M.E was probably the person I needed to do the most convincing on, so I thought that detecting M.E was a good way of giving proof that I was town.

my point is what you even mentioned yourself -- why is he so adamant that there's an indep killing role? If he had been aware of dark link's presence in oot, it would help explain some of this reasoning (though I'd still be suspicious). The fact that he most likely doesn't know dark link is in oot just gives me more reason to be suspicious.

I know what he's trying to softclaim and I don't buy it for a second.

As you can see, I said "there's a chance" and then continued to say "it's a small chance." I also never specifically said that I believe there's an SK. I simply said "third party killer."

You're taking my words and twisting them to suit your own story. I literally said neither of the things that you're claiming that I said.
Regardless of how much you say it's a small chance you still brought up several times the incredibly unlikely possibility of no Cop.
It also feels less like twisting your words and more just connecting dots. Since I'm having trouble thinking of any kind of indep role that does killing besides SK.

I realize I might have explained that badly. >//>; Whatever, it was a tidbit I thought was relevant enough to warrant mention.

Ohmigosh the typos. XD

As a matter of fact I have yet to play a game where the flavor lied so there’s that.

I think it’s better to keep that one soft.

This is actually really towny for zachie just letting you know. (Not that you care about meta)
....you do realize I play with him too right? And yeah o don’t care about meta.

Elementars not really soft....

Also shush. You try typing on phone.

“There’s a chance there’s a chance!” Thats backtracking. That’s like townreading mafia bit saying “he could be mafia”. It’s back tracking. It doesn’t make it any less scimmier. In fact it makes it more scummier.
M.E was probably the person I needed to do the most convincing on, so I thought that detecting M.E was a good way of giving proof that I was town.
Why though?????????
my point is what you even mentioned yourself -- why is he so adamant that there's an indep killing role? If he had been aware of dark link's presence in oot, it would help explain some of this reasoning (though I'd still be suspicious). The fact that he most likely doesn't know dark link is in oot just gives me more reason to be suspicious.

I know what he's trying to softclaim and I don't buy it for a second.

And why must that mean he knows it’s dark link. Why are we so positive it’s fark link. Dark link is a guess. A GUESS. The SK idea is coming from mr sporadic killing softs and the fact that we had two kills.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom