• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia Ocarina of Time Mafia [Game Thread]

Status
Not open for further replies.
....you do realize I play with him too right? And yeah o don’t care about meta.

Elementars not really soft....

Also shush. You try typing on phone.

“There’s a chance there’s a chance!” Thats backtracking. That’s like townreading mafia bit saying “he could be mafia”. It’s back tracking. It doesn’t make it any less scimmier. In fact it makes it more scummier.

Why though?????????

And why must that mean he knows it’s dark link. Why are we so positive it’s fark link. Dark link is a guess. A GUESS. The SK idea is coming from mr sporadic killing softs and the fact that we had two kills.
Yeah, realized that about twenty minutes ago actually, haven’t you noticed he does the same thing as town?

Cause if you lynch him for stuff like that all time he must flip town a lot.

And why must that mean he knows it’s dark link. Why are we so positive it’s fark link. Dark link is a guess. A GUESS. The SK idea is coming from mr sporadic killing softs and the fact that we had two kills.
you're the one guessing it's a guess (it isn't)

you'll have to wait until tomorrow to hear more on this matter because I'm not going to risk getting modkilled

“There’s a chance there’s a chance!” Thats backtracking. That’s like townreading mafia bit saying “he could be mafia”. It’s back tracking. It doesn’t make it any less scimmier. In fact it makes it more scummier.
...no it isn't. It's what I said in the first place, and I have not changed that stance. I have not backtracked in the slightest.

Yeah, realized that about twenty minutes ago actually, haven’t you noticed he does the same thing as town?

Cause if you lynch him for stuff like that all time he must flip town a lot.
I don’t. I also again go game by game.
you're the one guessing it's a guess (it isn't)

Are you I’m playing that your role somehow let’s you know that dark link is an indep in this game. You don’t have to claim to say if this is right or wrong.

Haaa hahaha! I am here to set things straight!

Zachie and Lone_Garu, you two are very mistaken about me tunneling on certain players and defending Darthwolf (again, how you think I was defending him is beyond me and the fact that he flipped scum had nothing to do with it). No, that's not how it goes. Perhaps you two are used to playing Bulba games, but remember that this isn't one; ZD games are more direct. My method of scumhunting is making observations and seeing what kind of reactions I get. Zachie's response was pure confusion, and I would have pressured him even more if not for the similarity to him being Vig in Bok-chan's School for Anime Boys. But first and foremost I found something suspicious and acted on it, simple as that.

Also, lack of attention to detail? As soon as I get off work I'm struggling to speed read through the posts in a vein effort to find something to add to. "I.E" I missed the part where ME originally hinted at being at the second source because I wasn't sure who he was talking about. So I hope you'll excuse me if my posts seem a little CWAC-y.

@Midorikawa Don't you have to unvote me before you can vote Zachie?

I'm fine with being direct, but it's true that you singled me out despite other players also being absent for a while, and I still have to say that the initial Zachie read list was a weird thing to focus on.
I do have to say though that I like your response there. It's a nice calm response and I like the look from it.
Unvote: ALL MIGHT

Ok. I am trying to understand things here.

First, YIGAhim comes up with his Cop claim without any pressure or need to do so. I can believe his claim for lack of CCs and also because I believe the scum would most likely not make such fake claims to invite attention now that 1 of them is already lynched D1 unless the scum are really hell bent on committing hara-kiri.

Though his claim is believable, the motive or reason for such claim is not understood.

I'm the cop. Last night I investigated Maniacal Engineer, but it "failed". It DID however claim that Lord Fawful was guilty, which was odd.

That can mean a few things:

1- There may be a bus driver here
2- There is a second roleblocker
3- If there is a bus driver, this one must be different, because Lord Fawful was most definitely not guilty, so M.E could possibly be guilty, but the bus driver switched M.E and Fawful, and I actually sensed M.E anyway, but it came up as Fawful, but I'm not sure. M.E could easily still be town.

Now that I've claimed cop, that means that I'm either about to be lynched, or NKed
This only adds confusion about the results. If he targeted ME, how was he redirected to Lord Fawful. Shouldn't you have ideally waited for 1 more night phase, obtained the results and check accordingly now that you knew Lord Fawful's result showed guilty even when they were town?

Anyone who claims Cop is in very real danger from the mafia the next night, especially when the mafia roleblocker is killed. The mafia would most likely kill the person who claimed cop just to be safe from detection.

Another weird thing, is that I did not receive my detection results until the next morning, meaning I must also be a Lazy Cop.

I may very well be an insane (or paranoid) AND lazy cop, which is actually rather odd. If I was allowed to name claim, this would make a funny joke...

You realized this yet you claimed? :(
On Bulba, we usually get our results when the night phase is over but since this is a ZDI style game, I don't know how the results are revealed there. Actually, is your sanity not known to you in your Role PM. No need to reveal it yet but you should know what results you're getting.

Yes. I thought that once I'd be able to know the alignment of M.E, things would clear up. Of course if M.E turned out to be guilty, I would tell everyone, and that would be an almost certain lynch, and another mafia member would be dead.

Of course now I'll either be roleblocked by the second roleblocker (If there is one), or NKed immediately, meaning I won't be much of a help. At least we know that there is most likely a bus driver.

The probability of there being a bus driver or redirector brings up a lot of other questions: If according to your results, ME & Lord Fawful were switched, so you got a result on Lord Fawful when you checked ME. This means either scum or the other killing role whoever killed Lord Fawful had actually intended to kill ME? If that's the case, whoever killed Lord Fawful is most likely anti-town as ME was looking really good and towny on D1 and the Bus driver is most likely town who correctly guessed that ME might be killed so he switched ME with Lord Fawful (who was looking suspicious to a few people). Does this make sense?

M.E was probably the person I needed to do the most convincing on, so I thought that detecting M.E was a good way of giving proof that I was town.

So that I could convince him, and then I'd have evidence from a separate source

Could you clarify whether you mean you wanted to convince yourself of ME being town or you wanted to convince ME of you being town? Even if you cop-checked ME and got a Town result, how does that give proof of you being Town? This isn't clear. The scum obviously knows who's on their team and who's not, they could pick a town-looking person and say "Hey, he's town and since I detected him as town, I am town too." That's not how it works.
Why were you so desperate (if I may use that word) to convince ME of you being Town?

Your claim is believable but your posts are really confusing, atleast for me. Could you clarify things a bit more or do you want to keep them vague for a reason?

Actually, is your sanity not known to you in your Role PM. No need to reveal it yet but you should know what results you're getting.
Unless it's different on ZD-I, sanities are never known to the players with them. That's what makes them so f*cking annoying to deal with if they come up.

Unless it's different on ZD-I, sanities are never known to the players with them. That's what makes them so f*cking annoying to deal with if they come up.

Oh I thought that's bastard. Anyway the ideal play would then be to have atleast 2 night checks before claiming so as it helps to compare the results and get an exact idea of the sanity?

Especially with the doctor gone, claiming Cop is a huge risk.

Sanities themselves are bastard. Honestly I was pretty sure it was bastard the second two separate people confirmed a cult, I guess the ZD-I guys don't announce whether a game has bastard elements.

I'll admit that claiming when he did was dumb, but if it's not CCd, then the real Cop's either someone like Libk, or it really is YIGA. Hopefully there's just some other kind of protection available to keep him alive.

Less now, but sure.

I'm the cop. Last night I investigated Maniacal Engineer, but it "failed". It DID however claim that Lord Fawful was guilty, which was odd.

That can mean a few things:

1- There may be a bus driver here
2- There is a second roleblocker
3- If there is a bus driver, this one must be different, because Lord Fawful was most definitely not guilty, so M.E could possibly be guilty, but the bus driver switched M.E and Fawful, and I actually sensed M.E anyway, but it came up as Fawful, but I'm not sure. M.E could easily still be town.

Now that I've claimed cop, that means that I'm either about to be lynched, or NKed

I'm sorry, this is so painful to watch. I keep facepalming. ME seemed to get it. And you've all basically worked it out but can't put two and two together. It seems that ME and Fawful were switched. I'm pretty sure I mentioned Fawful and ME at the start of the day, saying the ME should be thankful.

And clearly you’re paranoid or there’s a framer. Elementar softclaimed that he killed piko so that means that fawful was the nightkill and framing a nightkill is dumb. Thus clearly paranoid.

@Elementar to answer your earlier question: yes I was saying those were the possibilities of your role.

Firstly, what? I honestly have no idea how on earth I softclaimed to kill Piko. That honestly makes no sense.

I don't if I'm allowed to say those are right/wrong. But I hope my above paragraph clarifies.

Why would ME need to thank me?

as of now, out of those, I'm willing to lynch Cheff, Arata, and Libk
Lynching inactives when inactive yourself is hypocritical.
It just seems very off to me. There's a chance we don't even have a cop, even if it's a small chance. I'm not suspicious enough to vote him yet but it's something I'm taking note of.

Regarding the vote, I've been watching him. Stop reading so far into things.
I really really doubt we don't have a Cop at all.

It's just that you went ahead and voted him just after he already got one vote, but tbh I can't blame you too much for this one, I would almost do that too atm.
Until we know for sure either way we need to assume that it exists. It may turn out not to be, but if we just refuse to believe it because it seems unlikely then we're just digging our own graves. Always believe a role is possible until it's proven otherwise. I've played too many games where people have been lynched because their role "couldn't exist in this game" and they turned out to be telling the truth.
Then why believe that a Cop DOESN'T exist this game?
This is actually really towny for zachie just letting you know. (Not that you care about meta)
Good point, Mido's case on Zachie has good points but I agree that voicing his thoughts like this even though they sometimes don't see totally well proven logically or incomplete is a towny!Zachie thing :(
You're taking my words and twisting them to suit your own story. I literally said neither of the things that you're claiming that I said.
Getting defensive there? There's one thing trying to defend and another accusing Mido back for twisting words...

OK so ALL MIGHT's defense is good enough, how about we try
VOTE: Weiss Schnee
for a bit? @Weiss Schnee explain yourself

I'm sorry, this is so painful to watch. I keep facepalming. ME seemed to get it. And you've all basically worked it out but can't put two and two together. It seems that ME and Fawful were switched. I'm pretty sure I mentioned Fawful and ME at the start of the day, saying the ME should be thankful.

Firstly, what? I honestly have no idea how on earth I softclaimed to kill Piko. That honestly makes no sense.

I don't if I'm allowed to say those are right/wrong. But I hope my above paragraph clarifies.

Why would ME need to thank me?
Well, to be fair, your soft didn't make any sense to me either until just then, so I'm sure we can forgive anyone else who didn't quite get it.

I understood that Elementar. Want me to say it out loud?

If you like :)

Well, to be fair, your soft didn't make any sense to me either until just then, so I'm sure we can forgive anyone else who didn't quite get it.

Oh, I was just amused that it was interpreted as a vig/itp killer claim. I understand that my softclaims weren't obvious.

Ok what I think I understand about Elementar's soft claim is that he's said bus driver or redirector.

The probability of there being a bus driver or redirector brings up a lot of other questions: If according to your results, ME & Lord Fawful were switched, so you got a result on Lord Fawful when you checked ME. This means either scum or the other killing role whoever killed Lord Fawful had actually intended to kill ME? If that's the case, whoever killed Lord Fawful is most likely anti-town as ME was looking really good and towny on D1 and the Bus driver (Elementar) is most likely town who correctly guessed that ME might be killed so he switched ME with Lord Fawful (who was looking suspicious to a few people including Elementar).

Does this make sense?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom