• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia Ocarina of Time Mafia [Game Thread]

Status
Not open for further replies.
This was a super fun game! Thanks for hosting/modding @Pendio @Mellow Ezlo and @SoaringBrendan

Really glad I did a lot better in this one than the Bulba crossover on ZD-i. I loved being the Town Inventor. Even though I didn't exactly know what I was giving to you all until you confirmed it for me. Plus I kept going back on forth on who I should gift stuff too, since I was trying to figure out who would be least likely to die and factor in the bus driving.

Happy that town won, but honestly everyone did a great job. Town just happened to get quite a bit of luck with that sensor shot, and the communication between power roles worked pretty well thanks to the plans @MetalEtemon kept coming up with.

I had a lot of fun playing with some new people, and some other Bulba members for a second time. I look forward to potentially playing with you all again!

@DarthWolf this is how you REALLY play Survivor when you've got a meta that makes you lynchable on sight when claiming indep :p (and I'm not talking about just you, it applies to me as well, else I'd just claim Survivor and hope like in past games)
Yeah I learned my lesson this game, but that's a good thing. We shall now await the real return of the kingmaker.

Sorry to my scumbuddies, it was an action I did all on my own and I was curious how it would play out.

Thank you to the hosts for this game. Hopefully some ZD users will stick around here. Some player variety would be nice.

Kay, to start off with this is the first game I’ve made it to the end of since like, my second mafia game, so that was great.

I was actually a lover again for all intents and purposes but drift wasn’t, which I thought was terribly unfortunate but it seems to have worked out. :p @Minish

Thank you extremely to my mason buddy @Drift who surely lost interest after the first few thousand words I made him listen to but he kept talking to me anyway. :D

This was one the most fun games I’ve played, other than the aftermath of day one where my mind literally boiled over from thinking so much that I literally couldn’t think of anything more complicated than 2+2 for 24 hours. I blame whichever of thought a cult would be fun. D:

There’s only one thing I regret, and that’s getting distracted by deku and not going after pika and getting talked out of it later. The only scum member I seriously suspected and I let it go! :(

@Midorikawa youre indeed what I expected you to be as scum. :p Pressuring your scum bud on day one was an interesting tactic. You getting janitored was also hilarious btw, I mentioned the possibility you were scum to drift after you died and he thought I’d lost my mind. XD

Had a great time playing with all of you, thank you all for hosting etc, I think my favorite part of the whole game was when after zachie died Drift tried to get me to admit I was recruited. XP

Thank you extremely to my mason buddy @Drift who surely lost interest after the first few thousand words I made him listen to but he kept talking to me anyway. :D

This Mason chat looks interesting. Could we get a look at it?

There’s only one thing I regret, and that’s getting distracted by deku and not going after pika and getting talked out of it later. The only scum member I seriously suspected and I let it go! :(

Hah. I think I was good in this game atleast before things took a downhill where you were the only one scum reading me.

Okay, so time for me to stop being Van Helsing the Mafia Slayer and actually get back to my job as The Modfather.

I would like to thank our friends and counterparts over at ZD-I for two fantastic crossover games. It's always nice to get a perspective of what Mafia games are like on other forums, so this was certainly an illuminating experience for me.

I would also like to thank the ZD-I members who came to visit us on Bulbagarden. It was a lot of fun playing with you all, and you are all welcome back here anytime.

Lastly, this will hardly be the only set of crossover games that we do with ZD-I. I've actually already got some ideas cooking for a future pair of crossover games that might even tie into the BMU, but I would actually need to consult my colleagues on ZD-I and my staff here before solidifying anything.

In the meantime, 'tis nearly the season for the winter holidays, so be expecting another staff hosted winter themed Mafia game in the near future. And yes, for those of you who remember last year's version, I will be writing the FT for this year's game in rhyme, as well.

Also @Elieson I won as indep, isn't that cool? Get stronger pls :p
3e98c5f3fc.png

Last edited by a moderator:
the communication between power roles worked pretty well thanks to the plans @MetalEtemon kept coming up with.
You might say I made a monkey out of the mafia.

Or I threw a monkey wrench into their plans.

Either way, I'm glad to have gotten this monkey off my back.

Mido (yeah we were partners in 2 games now. Though the Janitor backfiring on you was really funny :p
I was so confused. But when it confused the thread and stuff I was laughing. It was funny since they tried to vig me and it just ended up hiding stuff from them.
Yeah, honestly I'm really surprised none of you bussed Darth. To me it just seemed like the logical thing to do, even without considering a Sensor.
Not exactly. We had two inactive members and by the time Pika and I had come on, the wagon was more than large enough. Jumping on an oversized wagon is nothing more than trying to get the cred at that point. It’s scummier than doing something else. Hence why Pika and I both were pushing others and stuff. I showed my support for a Darth lynch but went for the towns good with my vote and stuff. That’s what’s townie not jumping on a n oversized bandwagon.
@Midorikawa youre indeed what I expected you to be as scum. :p Pressuring your scum bud on day one was an interesting tactic. You getting janitored was also hilarious btw, I mentioned the possibility you were scum to drift after you died and he thought I’d lost my mind. XD

I actually didn’t realize Pika was my partner till like day 2. I didn’t know who were partners because I forgot save for Darth. Him I knew. And of course drift thought you were crazy. I get scumread as town more than as mafia. On a funny note-you got lovers in both games, I got rolecop.

I think this game was more fun than the ZDi game, no offense because that was fun too.

But town was definitely OP. Without the sensor we may have had a better chance but we were weak all in all. Janitor was only useful if you rolecopped someone first, and roleblocker had a counterclaim and in general isn’t that great since it’s known right away and stuff. The infinite bulletproof was probably the best adavantage. How come I never get that though?

Hosts of any games in the future-give me infinite BP so I stop getting nightkilled regardless of alignment.

Anyways I did love the the claiming mechanism. I’ve used limited claiming before too because it’s a weakness for the mafia if town goes into mass claiming, so that was a really nice mechanic and it helps to balance the sides a bit more.

All in all it was really fun, so thanks to the hosts for hosting.

Congrats town! And congrats Zexy! Sorry I lied to you, but you weren’t town either in the end so it’s fair.

Also, @Shiny Sableye your plan was sound except for one thing: I get especially paranoid when you agree with me too much. You were next on my lynch/kill list. If I had known there was a second 1x Vig kill floating around, I'd have had you offed instead of trying to kill Pika again.
I was afraid it could happen but I just had to go along with it, WCS I'd just claim the 100% true and hope you actually trust me as Survivor.
Also, I nearly changed my target from Pika to @Shiny Sableye at the last minute last night. I got paranoid that he was the godfather (Since my original check came up innocent)
While the copcheck could've indeed showed town if I was Godfather, Sensor would show 1 instead of 0, so I was totally confirmed non-scum.
All in all, this was a fantastic game for Town. Only two mislynches, one very early on, and the second based on a host error.

I'm also extremely surprised I survived to Endgame, since I usually don't do that...though given how I nearly died N1, that sort of makes up for it.
The second wasn't really just host error, sure we lynched Deku to a big extent to see if Scarlet Moon could be scum; but lynching the Sensor was a good strategy policy lynch despite bus driv
Yeah I learned my lesson this game, but that's a good thing. We shall now await the real return of the kingmaker.

Thank you to the hosts for this game. Hopefully some ZD users will stick around here. Some player variety would be nice.
It's fine, everyone needs to learn this lesson sometime; I did it in FBM I and ME Movies before just accepting it's never ever going to work, no matter the amount of WIFOM it takes...

Same here, we saw some nice playstyles and new people, hope you stick around :)
Sorry I lied to you, but you weren’t town either in the end so it’s fair.
I have trouble believing you just apologised to me about something related to mafia :p It's all fine ofc, I've started to trust you earlier in the game but always had to be paranoid (and unlike ME this didn't go off thanks to Sensor), as the PoE came down I started suspecting you again, so it certainly is fair. We missed the chance to have me scumside and win the game together though :p

While the copcheck could've indeed showed town if I was Godfather, Sensor would show 1 instead of 0, so I was totally confirmed non-scum.
True but keeping in mind I've never been in a game with sensor before, I had no idea what was going on there.

The second wasn't really just host error, sure we lynched Deku to a big extent to see if Scarlet Moon could be scum; but lynching the Sensor was a good strategy policy lynch despite bus driv
Again you didn't finish your thought, scum. :p
And the only reason we stopped believing Deku, or at least that I would consider lynching Deku, was because of the incorrect Watcher results that AE got contradicting the Sensor claim.

They kept some pretty confirmed players around.
It surprised me, too. To the point where I wondered just how confirmed those players were.
I was suspicious of you for a while because, while you did end up redirecting a SK kill off of me, you could have just as easily switched Fawful and I looking to attract a Vig kill to me and a cop check to Fawful. Also, given that you weren't technically on the Darth wagon, there was a possibility that you weren't taken into consideration when the hosts gave the sensor results, so the "no Mafia" thing might have excluded you.
That said, the other ME seemed genuinely surprised that you weren't actually on the Darth lynch, so I assumed that he had taken you into consideration when giving the Sensor results.

I do get paranoid as Town, I'm sure I've mentioned. I also always assume I'm going to die. It's an excellent combination.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom