• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

October '13 CoroCoro unveils new 'XY' information: New Abilities, Mega Evolutions rev

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: October '13 CoroCoro unveils new 'XY' information: New Abilities, Mega Evolutions

I don't really understand why people are hating on Chespin's evolution so much. Did the same people hate Pignite too? Because they appear very similar shape-wise to me.

I noticed the similarity between Haribogu and Pignite as well, though the main difference is that I could actually see Tepig evolving into Pignite when it was first revealed, Haribogu not so much.

Re: October '13 CoroCoro unveils new 'XY' information: New Abilities, Mega Evolutions

I think the evolution of Chespin is heading towards something like Golem...

Fennekin evo looks pretty but much more feminine, what does not change the fact that it remains my starters' choice. I hope it can turn into a Fire/Psychic instead of Fire/Fighting...

Mega Mewtwo X and Y... I don't know what to think about it... as already said, we will get used to it over time...

I think the evolution of Chespin is heading towards something like Golem...

Fennekin evo looks pretty but much more feminine, what does not change the fact that it remains my starters' choice. I hope it can turn into a Fire/Psychic instead of Fire/Fighting...

Mega Mewtwo X and Y... I don't know what to think about it... as already said, we will get used to it over time...

A Golem-esque evolution would be interesting. Right now there are a lot of different directions I think it could go.

I don't think it's too feminine. Even if it is a witch, we can't always have super masculine starters like Emboar and Samurott. It's all but confirmed that this will be part Psychic though.

I see why Fairy was super effective against Fighting, but why Dark? The Dark type was on the verge of being unbalanced and now it's officially too weak.

I see why Fairy was super effective against Fighting, but why Dark? The Dark type was on the verge of being unbalanced and now it's officially too weak.

It's still fairly balanced since it hits Steel neutrally now, meaning you can hurt Ferrothorn and Heatran more with moves like Crunch and Metagross are now weak to it.

All of this looks really cool. Chespin evo looks a bit strange as does fennekin's (why is there a stick in it's tail?) froakie's looks good, though I suppose the starter middle evolutions have always been sort of strange (It's like the pokemon's awkward stage).

All of this looks really cool. Chespin evo looks a bit strange as does fennekin's (why is there a stick in it's tail?) froakie's looks good, though I suppose the starter middle evolutions have always been sort of strange (It's like the pokemon's awkward stage).

I think the stick in fennekin's evo's tail is supposed to be like a witch, possibly leading to the third stage.

At least you're being consistent.

To me it looks like a fairly logical progression though. We already knew it could learn moves like Rollout and that it's based on a chestnut, so I don't know why many people suddenly flip when they realize it's round.

I thought it was based on a mole or badger or some such. It doesn't look anything like a nut to me.

From my understanding, Fennekin learns three psychic type moves so far, and no fighting type moves. I'm failing to see how this is another Fire/Fighting when it seems that Fennekin very well might be Fire/Psychic.

Maybe, but what about its Glow Punch move? Do we know if that's a Fighting type move? Don't get me wrong, I'm hoping for Fire/Psychic too, but...

From my understanding, Fennekin learns three psychic type moves so far, and no fighting type moves. I'm failing to see how this is another Fire/Fighting when it seems that Fennekin very well might be Fire/Psychic.

Maybe, but what about its Glow Punch move? Do we know if that's a Fighting type move? Don't get me wrong, I'm hoping for Fire/Psychic too, but...

Honestly? I'm not too sure yet. I've heard that it is psychic and fairy, but we don't know what type it is yet.

I thought it was based on a mole or badger or some such. It doesn't look anything like a nut to me.

Chestnuts.jpg

Chestnuts are brown nuts encased in a hard, green, spiky shell. Chespin's name is even directly based on chestnut and pin. It also takes inspiration from rodents, but it's a fusion of the two. Very often the starter Pokemon take a real animal and mash it together with another concept.

Glow Punch is one attack we've seen it used, compared to at least 3 Psychic type attacks. We don't even know if Glow Punch is a Fighting type attack yet. It likely isn't, since not all punching attacks are. The Fennekin line is all but confirmed to be Psychic at this point.

We know nothing about it. For all we know it could be either Psychic or Fairy.

I like their 2nd evolutionary forms, as well as the new Abilities (Fur Coat is my favorite, out of the 3). I am even more excited than I ever was!

BTW, I wanted to comment that the MegaMewtwo X was so unnecessary, and why even change to Fighting type!? How much does GF wanted to overboost a Legendary Pokemon up to such ridiculous level? And it is not even for story purpose!
Well, even MegaMewtwo X was created for story purpose, it is still unnecessary, given that Mewtwo is already powerful enough to sweep all the other with one attack.

It's the Rule of Cool; it doesn't matter if it's unnecessary if the result is awesome, and having two possible Mega Mewtwo is definitely awesome. Main/Rule of Cool - Television Tropes & Idioms

Not all punch moves are Fighting-type. Fire, Ice, and Thunder Punch come to mind, being Fire, Ice, and Electric, respectively. Bullet Punch as well, being a Steel-type move. While most are, not all of them can immediately be called a Fighting-type move. And since we know nothing about Glow Punch, we cannot assume anything. It could very well be Fighting, but it could also be a Psychic or Fairy-type move. But judging by the path Fennekin has taken so far, it's fairly safe to say Glow Punch isn't a Fighting-type move.

Glad mewtwo got a 2nd mega. Makes more sense there is two mewtwos in the anime now. Plus original mewtwo gets the sweet mega form :p hopefully.

I don't really understand why people are hating on Chespin's evolution so much. Did the same people hate Pignite too? Because they appear very similar shape-wise to me.

I don't like Pignite or Emboar either, actually.

What she said.

I for one think Chespin's evolution is goofy, but cute. I still think I'm going with Froakie though. :)

As for the worry about a Fire / Fighting type, Fennekin's evolution learns Psycho Cut so maybe there's still hope for a Fire / Psychic type?

Also, as someone who's preordered Pokemon X, I'm glad we get the cooler Mewtwo mega evolution, lol!

Am I the only one who thinks Haribogu looks strangely cute? o.o

A chestnut starter seems really creative to me. (But I'm still preferring Fennekin and it's evolution.)

There's going to be another Mewtwo Movie, isn't there?

Hmm, unless its the original Mewtwo from the old days, I honestly doubt it. Even if it does return as Mewtwo X, I feel like they should probably adapt it into an anime arc rather than another Mewtwo movie. Considering Red Genesect carried over from the anime into a movie, Mewtwo Y (and X's introduction) could carry on from that into the anime. Especially if Mewtwo ends up playing a role in the in-game plot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom