• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

October 18 episode title revealed

Argy

∠(>w<) #634
Reaction score
ヒコザルVSザングース!運命のバトル!! ''Hikozaru vs. Zangoose! Fateful Battle!!'' will air October 18, but its number is unknown because Pokeani still doesn't know if a new episode will air Oct. 11.

If you want my opinion... It's quite likely the title is referring to Shinji's Hikozaru. "Fateful battle" may mean Shinji is thinking about releasing Hikozaru.

Hm, Satoshi needs a fire-type. How convenient. ;)

I hate that Chimchar going to Ash crap. xd

My bet's that Paul's thinking of releasing it, one last battle, evolves mid-battle, pwns Zangoose, and Paul's all "wtf" and decides to keep it.

Then Ash catches Heatran. OBVIOUSLY.

I doubt the "fateful" in the episode title really means anything. It's one of those throwaway adjectives that the anime producers always put in their titles.

When I saw "Zangoose" in the title, the first thing I thought about was that kid from AG ^_^.

I think Paul's Chimchar is likely to evolve in this ep instead. We have to move on to the second stages of the starters soon, and Paul is the most obvious one to go first.

But please, god forbid Brock get another starter. Mudkip was the biggest waste of a good starter Pokemon in the history of the anime, and I don't want to see another starter treated as poorly as that again. Since Paul purposely stated in the Cynthia ep that he plans to continue working with Chimchar, I don't think I have much to worry about.

I just hope Brock doesn't get Chimchar, Paul keeps it and it evolves. I'm so damn sick and tired about hearing about a "pattern". just because it happened ONCE doesn't mean that everyone will get a starter. I hate "Mudkipz" since the fad, but it deserved much more than Brock. It was just there to keep the people that think everyone needs a starter happy. Brock has his Pokemon, and I hope Ash doesn't get a Fire type. Chimchar will help Paul's character development, I wish people looked past their "patterns" to see that.

I don't think it would be too out of the question to have Hikozaru evolving . . That actually sounds like very reasonable logic to me and I hope it does evolve, albeit I do love Hikozaru. I really don't think Shinji is going to release it at all, he might just be threatening it or something.

I like Shinji, so yes I'm giving him the benifit of the doubt.

I wish people looked past their "patterns" to see that.
I roll my eyes at you, only because you imply someone (oh, me) wants Brock to have Chimchar because of some 'pattern'. I'm partial to him and fire-types (ghostly Ninetales! Charmander should have been his!). Chimchar's well established as an expectant character; why are you so afraid the writers' will keep him shut up in a ball, just because it's happened times in the past with Brock? =P Aren't you the ones comforming more to the pattern of past occurances, believing it'll keep being the same? Christ. I'd rather Brock get the damn thing than Ash, simply for Ash to have his damn fire-type, which is more pattern than Brock's only starter catch. O snapz.

And that's only if Paul ever does release it; it's called speculation for a reason. Though I'd be less thrilled if Chimchar evolves before Turtwig or Piplup. Paul has Torterra; it'd be cruddy and over balanced.

It may be cruddy and overbalanced, but it's definitely a possibility.

Who says it Paul's Chimchar though? It could be one owned by a random trainer that evolves in a battle with a Zangoose. This episode could easily be filler, albeit hopefully with the same quality as the rest of D/P to date.

I roll my eyes at you, only because you imply someone (oh, me) wants Brock to have Chimchar because of some 'pattern'. I'm partial to him and fire-types (ghostly Ninetales! Charmander should have been his!). Chimchar's well established as an expectant character; why are you so afraid the writers' will keep him shut up in a ball, just because it's happened times in the past with Brock? =P Aren't you the ones comforming more to the pattern of past occurances, believing it'll keep being the same? Christ. I'd rather Brock get the damn thing than Ash, simply for Ash to have his damn fire-type, which is more pattern than Brock's only starter catch. O snapz.

Lulz.

I was never implying you, only the countless people at Serebii and other places that won't shut up about Paul being mean to Chimchar and couting down the days when he'll release it and Ash or Brock will get it because "ash dznt haff a feir typ!111!"

How many times has Brock been in some sort of battle? DP 15? He's been nothing but a background character, only kept on by force of habit for years, but that's for another debate. Paul said that Chimchar has hidden potential, so he won't let it go. Chimchar will give that guy some character development by the end of D/P, so he won't be as cold, and that's what I think they have planned. If they were going to give Chimchar to anyone but Paul, they would have shown more signs of Ash or Brock showing interest in it.

But hey, this season's full of suprises, so we'll se what happens.

Paul said that Chimchar has hidden potential, so he won't let it go.

Yet he doesn't seem to stop insulting it either, sides when someone like Cynthia is around the last thing you'd want to do is look down on your own pokemon so much.

Chimchar will give that guy some character development by the end of D/P, so he won't be as cold, and that's what I think they have planned.

The only way i see Paul being enlightened is through losing to Ash at the league, now wether or not the writers intend to give Ash some powerful sinnoh pokemon for his last two slots do the job, or just call in Charizard and Snorlax (since his DP guys at the moment can't handle it) and have a Gary repeat is up in the air.

If they were going to give Chimchar to anyone but Paul, they would have shown more signs of Ash or Brock showing interest in it.

Need i remind you Brock was more intrested in Charmander all those years ago more than ash was and look who got it at the end of the day.>>

But hey, this season's full of suprises, so we'll se what happens.

Yes after all, they didn't seem to mind "dumping" a Torterra on Paul, so who's to say Paul won't lose Chimchar to Ash, and then maybe Ash's Turtwig will leave since it's future is screwed by Torterra.

It might happen it might not, who knows anymore what they will do this season.

Last edited:
Hey, you know what else I just thought of?

This title takes place after the Hearthrome city eps, right? So that might confirm that Ash doesn't battle Fatina at all then. Not only does that prove that Ash didn't get his third badge, but we're going to take a while till we travel to the next Gym and get out of Hearthrome.

So...we're going to have something like a 20 episode gap between his 2nd and 3rd badge. Hmm.

^ Yeah pretty much, unless they decide to fast track us to Veilstone.

This is why I was getting so antsy about not getting to Hearthome, because Ash wasn't going to get his next badge until the town after that.

^Lol and is this even considering Solceaon(or however it's spelled) town will more than likely have a contest hall for Dawn since most NGT's (non gym towns) beyond the first couple do.

It's gonna be a long time before Ash gets his next badge though

The thing is when Ash has to return to Hearthrome he'll probably get back there within like 2 episodes, so I suppose the pacing will even out overall.

The thing is when Ash has to return to Hearthrome he'll probably get back there within like 2 episodes, so I suppose the pacing will even out overall.

that wasn't the case with Asagi City... god damn Whirl Island arc. Honestly, what the hell were they thinking? Jouto was dragging out too much as it was, and they decide to plop a filler saga, much in the same vein as Orange Islands (though thankfully not as long but unfortunately not as good), right in the middle of a currently-running saga (as opposed to afterwards) as their way of saying "hey, guess what? It's gonna take even longer for Satoshi to finally get to that fucking tournament." -_-

Thankfully, they seemed to have learned their lesson, but that still doesn't mean they'll get there any quicker. About the only time in recent years when the characters reached an important location in a couple episodes' time was when they started to pick up the pace in Battle Frontier, and I don't think I need to explain why that was an exception. So long as they're smack-dab in the middle of Shin'ou with absolutely no current indication of a new game on the way, you just know they're gonna take their sweet time.

If Paul does release it I'm hoping Ash gets it, prooves to Paul he's a better trainer and shows Paul just how powerful his released Pokemon was. Plus Ash hasn't cought any thing in a while, come on...

Please note: The thread is from 17 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom