• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

October CoroCoro begins to leak: Gym Leaders, many new Pokémon featured

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, it's hard to portray sarcasm without a "[/sarcasm]" thing. LOL

Well, it's hard to portray sarcasm without a "[/sarcasm]" thing. LOL

Um I read the sarcasm pretty damn easy, without them having to say they were being sarcastic.

I'm sick of this debate though. Just ready for the game to come out. It comes out so soon I don't understand why people are still bothering to argue about it. Can't they just leave it alone for a few more days then see what is going on?

Ok then, let's talk about something else.

Really, Game Freak? Could you be any more unoriginal?
20090601031246!390Chimchar.png
20100417191744!190Aipom.png

Baoppu.png

It's a monkey. It's not like there's only one type of monkey in the world.

Why are people yelling "Conspiracy!" against these scans?

Ok then, let's talk about something else.

Really, Game Freak? Could you be any more unoriginal?

I dunno, take a look at Grimer and Muk or Electrode and Voltorb or Magneton and and Magnemite and see.

Technically, (though obviously extremely unlikely) it is still possible for the 3rd stage (or 2nd stage if you like the TCG) starter evolutions to be fake

Technically, (though obviously extremely unlikely) it is still possible for the 3rd stage (or 2nd stage if you like the TCG) starter evolutions to be fake

It's possible, but only if it was changed in production during the last week of production, something I find possible but highly unlikely.

Or how about Basic Stage, Middle Stage, and Final Stage (that actually might solve a lot of problems).

And about the final stage of the starters, I really think all they could've done is touch up on them (to make them look better but still remain mostly the same). Otherwise if Gamefreak did have a problem with them, then I would think they would've had a problem with another fire/fighting starter but that doesn't seem to be the case.

I've always hated the TCG's way of outlining Pokemon evolutionary forms (Basic -> 1st Stage -> 2nd Stage). They do it as though the first evolution is some how different from the initial form.

So I usually go 1st stage, 2nd stage, 3rd stage. Or Basic, Mid, Final to make it clear. Also, if an earlier stage was introduced to a Pokemon in a later generation, I usually dub that with Pre-Evo, regardless of if its considered the proper starting stage.

Hence, Pichu is a Pre-Evo, while Togepi is a basic stage.
Azurill is a Pre-Evo while Riolu is a basic stage.
Budew is a Pre-Evo, Roselia is the basic stage, and Roserade is the final stage. In this case, I don't use middle because it's not the middle stage, it's the final one. Roserade isn't going to get another evolution.

Pokemon that were given a 3rd evolutionary stage get the new form redubbed as the final stage and the previous final stage becomes the mid (or 2nd) stage. Like Swinub to Piloswine to Mamoswine. Pokemon with split evolutions share the same stage. Both Froslass and Glalie are Snorunt's final stages.

BW has been pretty traditional in their Pokemon evolutions so far. Most of that is due to not having any pre-evolutions, but they also have opted to not use split evolutions either. Looks like Formes are the new split evo's, what with Pokemon like Hihidaruma or Mebukijika.

^Uh, what? Hihidaruma doesn't have formes.

Also:

I'm not much of a complainer, at all. I've liked almost every design that I've seen so far, and I think Game Freak has done a great job.

But.

Three Fire/Fighting starters in a row?

Really, Game Freak?

Really?

Huh. Hadn't heard that one.

It's not even that I dislike FirPigWrestler's design, it's a great design! He looks ready to have some fun! But the typing is just...ugh.

It's possible, but only if it was changed in production during the last week of production, something I find possible but highly unlikely.

While I think it's rather unlikely that those starters are fake or not final, it doesn't necessarily have to be changed during the last week of production. They could have just had people using early circulations of the designs because the final image may not have been important for everyone to have access to (as opposed to someone like the spriters than need it, developers only need the info, translators/writers don't need much of anything except for a name and design notes if any).

Joe:

I can only speak for myself here, but I don't think it's a matter of being "convinced": I'm quite sure that the starter evos are legit (the second stages, at least). But without any official or trusted source to back up this confirmation, I would be wary of reporting it as confirmed. If you have sources that you trust, good for you. But what you're asking us to do is put trust in sources that we don't actually know about. We can't judge the trustworthiness of your source, or Melkor's source, because we don't know who they are. If we did, maybe we'd trust them, or maybe we wouldn't. But we can't just take someone else's word for it; that's how crazy rumours start. Given your criticisms of Bulbanews in the past, I'd have thought you'd be applauding us for this degree of restraint and journalistic integrity. Plus, you get to tell everyone how you beat us to the scoop! Doesn't that feel just great?

Personally, I'm pretty convinced that the stuff coming from Melkor is legit, but what does it matter? The game will likely materialise in the next 24 hours, and all of this silliness will be rendered meaniningless.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom