• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Odd happenings with trashcans in pokemon.

Captain Draco

Master of all dragons
Reaction score
Usually you find items in trashcans, but there is some other things in them.
In HG/SS in Elm's lab if you press a on the trashcan it tells you how to stop a pokemon from evolving. But in Crystal it says "The wrapper of the candy bar Professor Elm just ate is in the trash"

Maybe it's a candy that includes tips in their wrappers?

Honestly, they probably just wanted something in there; every Pokémon game caters to new fans, and includes tips.

I like finding things in trashcans. Just wish they were more frequent. I usually check most of the trash cans and only find one or two things in the entire game.

I'm sure they could put some sort of Easter Egg thing in there that makes checking trash cans more rewarding.

Like in Red/Blue or Firered/Leafgreen if you check the trashcan of the 'cut master' after he threw up it says something like "Yuck!"

As RexRacer said, There simply isn't enough items in the trash cans so I really don't bother looking in every single one, Because 9 time out of 10 there is nothing there, Witch makes having a trash can inside most buildings a complete waste of time, But I don't really remember finding anything interesting in trash cans before, Maybe a potion but that's it.

People apparently eat their own garbage in Unova, for there are probably only three trash cans that aren't empty.

I like finding items in trashcans, it gives the games a bit of a quirky element. However it would be nice if more items were found in them.

I remembered the suspicious Antidote at the Old Chateau.

Brrrrrrrrr...
Lol. That particular incident in Pokemon doesn't make sense. If someone was killed by being poisoned, why would the murderer even have antidote in the house? I know if I had time to set up a murder by setting someone on fire I wouldn't place a bucket of water near the place the crime would be committed and then kick it over. I think it was just an antidote and people were looking too far into it. But to stay on topic, that is pretty weird, OP. Who throws away papers with helpful tips? Just seems odd.

Lol. That particular incident in Pokemon doesn't make sense. If someone was killed by being poisoned, why would the murderer even have antidote in the house? I know if I had time to set up a murder by setting someone on fire I wouldn't place a bucket of water near the place the crime would be committed and then kick it over. I think it was just an antidote and people were looking too far into it. But to stay on topic, that is pretty weird, OP. Who throws away papers with helpful tips? Just seems odd.
When has Pokemon ever made since?

The lack of items in them in B&W was a disappointment. Why bother looking if you only get a handful out of the 100+ trashcans in the game? Even just the little tidbits that interact with the surrounding environment are better than "it's empty."
People apparently eat their own garbage in Unova, for there are probably only three trash cans that aren't empty.
Or there is an intense recycling program going on.

When has Pokemon ever made since?

Its more the Pokemon fan community that doesn't make sense. Or at least the part of the community that believes that particular incident with the antidote was something more than it really was.

The lack of items in them in B&W was a disappointment. Why bother looking if you only get a handful out of the 100+ trashcans in the game? Even just the little tidbits that interact with the surrounding environment are better than "it's empty."Or there is an intense recycling program going on.

It's all fault of obsessive-compulsive Cinccino... and those goddamn Trubbish/Garbodor...

Like in Red/Blue or Firered/Leafgreen if you check the trashcan of the 'cut master' after he threw up it says something like "Yuck!"

I believe it says, "Yuck! Shouldn't have looked!" XD I remember that vividly. It was hilarious. And disgusting.

I love the trash can stuff in Pokemon, but like others, really wish there were more things in them, or at least more entertaining, quirky things like the above.

Haha, yes, I am one of those obsessive compulsive people who checked every trash can after the first time I found an item in one. When I first found an item hidden on a rock in Ruby, I clicked on every single one in the region about twice to get all of the items I could.

you just use the itemseaker/dowsing machine... it will tell you if there is somthing worth your time in dat trash can

In black and white there is leftovers in the trashcan in the village bridge. That was the only good trashcan item I think.

My favorite is still the trashcan in RBYFRLG with the captain throwing up into the trashcan. XD

Ah yes, the Captain's trash can... If only it was trash what was in there.

I love the little details like these. The trash cans in Surge's gym give a slightly different message of there simply being trash. I believe the kitchen of the SS Aqua or the SS Anne with the cook peeling potatoes or onions gives also a message of the onion remains in there.
Also besides trash cans, I think Crystal was loaded with stuff like this. You could check the windows and it'd tell you about your reflection, the gasaphon machines and tell you how they are almost empty, and basically every somewhat odd object would give a little message.

Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom