• If you are finding yourself unable to log in, you should be able to fix the issue by following the following process.
    1. Close all browser tabs with any part of Bulbagarden open.
    2. Delete all Bulbagarden.net cookies (and if possible, any cached site data for Bulbagarden) from your browser.
    3. Close and reopen your browser, open a new tab, and log into the forums on the new tab.
    If you've followed this process and are still having issues, please contact us via the "Contact us" link at the bottom of the forum.

Odd Voice Casts on Bulbapedia

Reaction score
Why does Bulbapedia claim that Pokemon like Gyarados, Tauros and Rhyhorn/Rhydon have Japanese voices, when 99% of the time, they're stock animal noises that're heard in a million other places? I know for a fact most Rhyhorn aren't voiced by Katsuyuki Konishi - it's a generic bear noise. Thoughts?

Reaction score
Idk about Tauros and Rhydon, but Misty's Gyarados' voice is obviously just a VA making dragon-like roars and screeches. I think it's the same VA that Prof. Oak had in the Japanese version of the show.
No, I've heard Gyarados' roars used in various other shows, and even for other Pokemon like Groudon.

Reaction score
I can't pinpoint anything specific, but I know for a fact I've heard Gyarados' roars in many other shows. Maybe some vocals were done by Ishizuka, but I know not all of them were.

Reaction score
I can't pinpoint anything specific, but I know for a fact I've heard Gyarados' roars in many other shows. Maybe some vocals were done by Ishizuka, but I know not all of them were.
If the Gyarados in this case were just wild Gyarados or belonged to Cotds then they probably were stock vocals from animal voices. Is there any specific Bulbapedia page that lists that Ishizuka person as the voice actor for a Gyarados that you think used stock animal noises instead?

Reaction score
If the Gyarados in this case were just wild Gyarados or belonged to Cotds then they probably were stock vocals from animal voices. Is there any specific Bulbapedia page that lists that Ishizuka person as the voice actor for a Gyarados that you think used stock animal noises instead?
Misty's Gyarados for example has its voice listed as Unsho Ishizuka, where a Gyarados that appeared in SM113 has no actor listed., yet still uses the same vocals as Misty's.

Button Pusher
Reaction score
When it comes to voices, they don't care about being accurate, only about what's been accepted up to now. Unless you have proof positive it's not them, they won't let you edit anything.

Bulbapedia Administrator
Reaction score
That statement is false. We do care about accuracy, and are well aware that most (if not all) of our 4kids era stuff is inaccurate. Users are free to correct them IF they have a valid source to back up their claim. That is, asking the voice actor directly, which I know is a tough order but that's just the way it is. Going by ear and using the credits, which are both things users trying to make the change always use as "source", are not valid.

For the Japanese side, don't they list the roles with the voice actors? Someone needs to check their credits, because they at least list the roles alongside the voice actors, unlike the dub who just list the voice actors.