• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Start Ups Odyssey of Hoenn (Pokemon Journey RP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Taengoo

the kid leader
Reaction score
@Detective Calvin; @Pokémad; @Kanon Shirogane; @Ladies and Gentlemen;

As per usual, summertime in the town of Littleroot was in full swing. Taillows all around were chirping as a signal of a new day. Professor Birch had recently returned from some more fieldwork, and was waiting inside his lab for another horde of new trainers. To the side was a tray filled with numerous Pokeballs. Beside it, were many Pokedexes and trainer cards lined up accordingly for the incoming group. The large professor sat upon a stool, sensing the chaos of starting a journey was near.

Flynn made her way into the town, her brunette hair braided to the side as she hurried to the lab. The quaint little town wasn't what interested her; it was the prospect of getting a Pokemon and starting a journey. Saying she was excited was an understatement.

A loud roar filled the air, and a Salamence landed in Littleroot Town. Two people were on its back, one a woman who looked to be in her twenties, and the other a young boy, who fell off of Salamence's back.

"Are you alright, Master Calvin?" The woman asked.

"I can feel my heartbeat in my ears..." The boy apparently named Calvin mumbled, getting up and dusting himself off. "Thank you for the ride here, Dorothy. I'll be fine from here out."

Dorothy nodded and signalled for Salamence to take off. Once they were gone, Calvin started walking towards Professor Birch's lab.

((I hope this sort of entrance is okay.))

(The entrance is fine, Calvin.)

Flynn flinched a bit at the roar, but that only spurred her to run faster towards the lab. Shoving open the doors, she took a moment to catch her breath, before approaching the interior of the building. There were many boxes, some labeled "APPLIANCES". She wasn't sure why there were appliances in a lab, but she ignored it. Instead, she strode towards the professor.

"Hello, young lady! I assume you're here to start your journey? Come, take a Pokeball! Receive your partner, and I'll let you have a Pokedex and give you a trainer's license."

Flynn nodded, slowing to a trot as she halted beside the tray. She picked one in the far corner of the silver pan, releasing a stone with a darkened crevice in it. Then, a purple and green wisp spilled forth from the crack, revealing a spinning disc with a jack-o-lantern sort of face. It turned out to be a Spiritomb, giving a quiet laugh.

"Good luck Nathan!" A shout could be heard from his house in Oldale Town.

Nathan started to walk on, but then. "Wait! Take this Nathan!" A voice shouted, Nathan knew it was his Grandpa. An oobject was thrown out, which Nathan caught. He examined it closer, and figured out that it was a repel. Walking up to route 101, he then realised we he had been given the repel.

"So you just spray it all over... And BAM!" He said to himself, spraying the repel on him. Now he was free to walk around, pokémon wouldn't bother him. Nathan sprinted on through, as he couldn't wait for what pokémon he would be getting. He ran into Littleroot town, and ran into the door of Professor Birch's laboratory. "Ow!!! Why do I always do this..." Nathan said, in pain, as he got up and dusted himself off, before starting to open the door to the lab.

Calvin finally made it to the lab, and entered to find that he wasn't the first one there. He waited off to the side for his turn to pick a Pokémon. He already knew which one he wanted.

Nathan walked in, to the sight of two trainers already being there. He didn't know them, so decided he would wait it out. The girl looked like she was getting a pokémon, so Nathan preferred to wait for them both to get their pokémon before he went to get his.

Flynn then took a Pokedex and a Trainer's License, returning the Spiritomb. Noticing people were waiting, she sheepishly moved to the side and let either of them pick a Pokemon.

"Hello, boys! Don't be shy! Come get your Pokemon!" Professor Birch called over to them, gesturing to the Pokeball-filled tray. He gave a bright smile, motioning them forward.

Calvin stepped forward, using his intuition to guide him. He grabbed a Poké Ball, and opened it, releasing an Absol. Calvin's face lit up; he had always wanted an Absol. Now, he had one.

"I'll gladly take the Absol," he said, turning to his new Pokémon. "I'll call you Pandora." Absol nodded silently then Calvin recalled It, going to get his license and Pokédex.

Nathan too stepped up, looking very carefully at the pokéballs. I only have one shot at this, which one will it be...

Nathan finally chose a pokéball from the tray. He looked closely at the pokéball, with a face that slightly showed joy. He threw the ball on the floor, and out came an Ekans.

"Oh! What a great pokémon! I'll name you Viper!" Nathan said joyfully, as Ekans gave out a content hiss and followed Nathan to the next area.

Seeing the other two keeping their Pokemon outside, she decided to release the Spiritomb. Flynn, however, wasn't really sure what to call it. The carved grin on its face kind of made her think of jack-o-lanterns. She glanced curiously towards the others, before scanning the Pokemon with her Pokedex.

"Spiritomb, the Forbidden Pokémon. As punishment for misdeeds 500 years ago, it was imprisoned in the fissure of an Odd Keystone. Spiritomb was the result of 108 spirits bound within the Odd Keystone. It is not known to evolve into, nor from another Pokemon."

Flynn frowned a bit, studying the grinning ghost. It didn't seem to be as sinister as the Pokedex entry had described.

Nathan collected his license and pokédex, and proceeded to scan Ekans. "An Ekans curls itself up in a spiral while it rests. This position allows it to quickly respond to an enemy from any direction with a threat from its upraised head." It said.

"Wow you sound powerful!" Nathan said, smiling at Viper. Viper hissed softly back. Nathan noticed another trainer with a Spiritomb, and approached her. Rather awkwardly, Nathan said, "Hey- uh mind if I... scan your pokémon?"

"Go ahead," Flynn responded, smiling sheepishly. The Spiritomb hopped over to the trainer, eerie grin still present on its face.

After getting his license and Pokédex, Calvin let Pandora back out, then scanned it with his Pokédex.

"Absol, the Disaster Pokémon. Every time Absol appears before people, it is followed by a disaster such as an earthquake or a tidal wave. As a result, it came to be known as the disaster Pokémon."

"Wow, sounds like your species is misjudged," Calvin said quietly, petting Pandora. He then stood up and started to leave, mindless of the other two Trainers. Socializing was never his thing, anyway.

"Thanks." Nathan replied, scanning the Spiritomb. The pokémon was successfully added to his pokédex after scanning. "I really want to complete this thing, that's why i'll probably ask everyone, but it's gonna be tough. Oh, I'm Nathan by the way." Nathan said, smiling slightly.

"Preyas Flynn, though I usually just go by Flynn. Sounds more normal, I guess." Flynn shrugged, returning the Forbidden Pokemon to its Pokeball as she started towards the door.

"You coming, or what?"

Luke opened the doors to the pokemon lab, a skateboard in one hand, a panchem beanie in another. He walked into the lab and with a swift motion, he put them into his backpack.

His icy blue eyes scanned his surroundings until his eyes caught sight of the pokeballs. He walked up the pokeballs and looked up and asked, "So I just take a pokeball and a pokedex and I can start travelling, right?" He asked, looking directly at the professor.

"Oh... Yeah ok." Nathan said, returning Viper to his pokéball. He was glad he has got some sort of discussion in with Flynn, so that it wasn't so awkward, but now he needed to become friends with the other trainer too.

Calvin walked ahead of the other two, hoping to avoid socializing. It wasn't that he hated the idea of it, it was the fact that he was so awkward. That, and his Aspergers made him somewhat apathetic to most. With Pandora at his side, he headed north to Route 101, hoping he'd find a good Pokémon to catch. He'd heard a lot about Hoenn's Pokémon, and there were quite a few he liked. For example, he wanted to catch a Ralts since they became powerful Gardevoir eventually, and the same went for Pokémon like Slakoth and Lotad. He'd have an opportunity to catch all of those early on, hopefully.

With Viper in his pokéball, Nathan left the laboratory, and made his way to the entrance to Route 101. He let Viper out of his pokéball. "Right, we should go see my grandparents before we go, maybe they'll like you too! They are probably worrying already." Nathan told Viper, he seemed to understand, nodding.

Gary was not late to wake up on his journey. He was always punctual. The young man rubbed his eyes as he stared out the window. Boy, it sure was a good day to start a journey!

"Boy, it sure is a good day to start my journey!" Gary said, stepping out of bed. He changed into his favorite black jacket, putting his lucky mushroom shirt on underneath it. It was lucky because he had once been mugged while wearing it. But the shirt was unharmed. So he reasoned it must be lucky.

Gary headed down the stairs, and saw that his aunt and uncle were playing video games. He couldn't judge, as they were his elders, but he wondered if playing them so much was wise. He enjoyed them himself sometimes, but he felt like perhaps it was best to have more than one interest.

"Auntiemoto, Unclemoto, I'm going to go travel all over the world taming wild animals and maybe fight terrorists." Gary said, stepping out the door. He barely heard his aunt's last words to him as it shut behind him.

"Be home before supper!" She said. Miyamoto headed for the Pokemon center, opening the door.

"Professor Birch. I require a Pokemon before I embark on my journey. I would be very grateful if you could give me one." Gary said to the professor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom