• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Offical May Leaving or Staying Debate thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ashfangirl17

Reaction score
Ok so its now confirmed Ash is staying by Serebii. So that Ash is staying or going thread is done with now. Now begins the debate on whether or not you think May is staying. To me there are a lot of hints of her going with Drew and Harley to Jhoto contests but than the Calander may give us a clue as to whether she's staying. What do you all think?

I'd say she will stay.....

But, I have yet to see any actual evidence or hear anything about her staying, unlike Ash.

We'll probably know after the next new ep airs.

However, they writers have Super Contests to market and May has the promotional Munchlax. Why would the writers throw away Munchlax especially when they love to shove it down our throats? She has two big D/P advertisements on her hand, unlike the other characters.

We'll see if AG190 mentions Super Contests.

I think that the calendar is ridiculously irrelevant. It's just merchandise, and any speculating based on it is too much of a stretch.

Given the current situation in the anime itself, I think she's much more likely to go to Johto, where her rivals are. I do think she won't be entirely forgotten, though - I wouldn't be surprised if the specials returned with a good number about May's adventures in Johto.

I cannot guess where May is going to end up. I don't think we're going to get much of an answer from next week's ep, either. It will be interesting to know what the prize for winning this contest is, but what we want is what they are going to do with it since they tie for it. Do they share it? Or does Ash let May have it and she goes on her way? Will we see Shinou's Super Contests or not? Scott seems to think they have to, and he has a good point, and no one wants to see May's role be stolen by anyone else. I am not so certain myself. I really can't find a side to favor here, as I think they have equal possibility of happening.

^ It is confirmed that Ash/May tie in that Contest episode, so neither wins. I don't think they get any reward though. Instead, Ash and May team up against Team Rocket and blow them away with Pikachu and Blaziken.

How can it possibly be confirmed when the episode hasn't even aired yet?

I think there's some dirty dealings going down the rumor line.

How can it possibly be confirmed when the episode hasn't even aired yet?

I think there's some dirty dealings going down the rumor line.

Pokeani apparently had some manga that confirmed the outcome of the episode. They also had a manga that confirmed Ash winning against Brandon before the ep aired, which turned out to be true.

They confirmed that Combusken does indeed evolve into Blaziken, and that Ash and May tie.

I am looking too much into the prize thing. Oh well, the key is really if May hears about Super Contests. She would be unable to resist the challenge, despite her rivals being in Johto.

Pokeani apparently had some manga that confirmed the outcome of the episode. They also had a manga that confirmed Ash winning against Brandon before the ep aired, which turned out to be true.

They confirmed that Combusken does indeed evolve into Blaziken, and that Ash and May tie.

No offense, but that's such a generic conclusion that you're probably right. I'm still wary of "a manga revealed the ending!" when I haven't seen a single thing on Pokeani confirming that a manga reveals what's going to happen. It probably WILL happen, because it's such an obvious thing, but point me to this so-called manga.

the manga has also confirmed things in the past (like info about the Ash vs Tucker battle) so I think it's pretty reliable.

But not giving them anything is stupid. they should have a tie breaker or give them both a ribbon. What's the point if no one gets a ribbon?

Well from what people are saying at pokeani, Ash and May are entering just to kill time until the boat that leaves to hoenn arrives. Its not like May needs this ribbon, Ash definetly doesnt need it.

May was there to market Ruby/Sapphire and to introdcue contests...she's no longer needed as the market for RSE is no longer there.

Simple, really

But not giving them anything is stupid. they should have a tie breaker or give them both a ribbon. What's the point if no one gets a ribbon?
The point is that the Powers That Be can, with a straight face, claim that Ash and May are 'equally good' and can send May on her way home to Houen without fatally offending either Ash or her partisans amongst the fanbase as regarding who is the better Trainer.

I'm with Pokemaster Justin as to the reason for May's presence (although I do think she was also an attempt to inject new life into the show). With a new region starting and a new region-specific co-star character, I do not believe that May and Max will continue to be in the main thread of the animé. However, as with Misty, May will probably have a few special episodes focussing on her further adventures post-Ash.

May was there to market Ruby/Sapphire and to introdcue contests...she's no longer needed as the market for RSE is no longer there.

Misty and Brock were their to advertise Red and Blue......

Besides, with the return of contests, someone has to do them.

She was introduced to market Contests and D/P has Super Contests. I never understood why people find this so hard to understand. The writers didn't give her the most important and promotional D/P Pokemon if she weren't going to be in the next saga. She has two huge D/P advertisements on her hands, it's not like she would have nothing to showcase next saga.

She's become a lot more important to the series than anyone could have ever imagined, the writers have put her in constant spotlight and never shy away from making as many May-centric episodes as possible.

If the writers want to market Super Contests, (and Nintendo probably requires them too), then May will be there to do them.

I'd like to point out, regarding the Calendar, with the three starters on it....

Sceptile doesn't have a twig.

can_of_worms.jpg

Well I hope May stays in the series. I don't care about Max as his character was pointless. Two girls in the group would be cool.

We can't.

Two Girls = Cat Fight.

It's natures order.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom