• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Art

RedSapphire

User who Registered
Reaction score
There are so many threads and it's hard for me to keep up, but I don't see any threads for the official art and the official site just updated today with new pictures. Maybe we can gather them here? Anyways, why doesn't Whitney have lipstick in her art?

img_character_gym03.jpg

I'm guessing her mouth is supposed to be open in the sprites too. Did they release the rest of the GLs yet?

FINALLY

Whitney looks good, and Morty does look like a preppie, but he's awesome. I like his Misdreveus-like scarf, now only if he actually used it in battle D:

Morty looks stoned.

Love the art!! Falkner<333 Even though we already seen's Bugsy, it's pretty darn adorable. I'll admit Whitney looks cute.

Was Lance drawn by a different artist? His artwork along with the Rocket Grunts' looks completely different compared to the other artwork Sugimori has drawn.

I almost want to call Morty Droopy-kun...

Odd, Lance's doesn't look look like Sugimori's style.

I like how Whitney and Morty look! I'm not gonna comment on Bugsy, but I'll say that they tried to make him look more "masculine". Lets see if anyone else catches what I mean...

Morty looks stoned.

Love the art!! Falkner<333 Even though we already seen's Bugsy, it's pretty darn adorable. I'll admit Whitney looks cute.

Was Lance drawn by a different artist? His artwork along with the Rocket Grunts' looks completely different compared to the other artwork Sugimori has drawn.

Well, since they are evil...Sugimori want to darken them, so that make them look evilish?

I'd love to see if they lightened Bruno's skin color in his artwork too. Then we can assume all the racist complaints will sprout up everywhere

I can see why some people would say the Exec. looks different, but I still say it has that Sugimori charm. Someone said that he may have wanted to "darken them up" and I think that's a pretty good guess.

Anyways, why doesn't Whitney have lipstick in her art?
Because um, I don't know... she doesn't uses lipstick at all? I understand that it'd look like it when the first pitures got released, but when the high-resolution VS sprite came out, it's clear it isn't lipstick in her mouth. Good, because Whitney isn't the kind of girl to use lipstick.

Now that I got that out of the way... I'm loving the new art and the new character look. Maybe it'll make the few I'm not too keen on stand out a bit better. I hope they unveil Karen's, though they tend to not do that with the Elite Four. Hopefully that changes this one time, but not counting on it.

I hope they do Kanto leaders and Bill. Maybe individual Kimono girl art, but they didn't get individual sprites

Please note: The thread is from 14 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom