• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official BMGf Homework Tutor/Help Thread

isn't it c square = a square + b square?

That's what my book says..

So..

ex. 5 square + 6 square= 25+ 36= 61?

Is that right?

which is....√61?

I think I got this now.

Ah, I see. Now what about with the 1/2bh formula?

Like with a triagnle with base mearuement a, and height measurement c, woudl the answer be..

1/2 x a x c= 1/2ac? Right?

Cuz, my book said a different answer, and I don't get it..

Username: Hyper Weavile
Best subject: Math; Pre-Algebra

I'm pretty good at it. need any help, just ask.

Are you talking about the equation to obtain the area of the triangle?

If so, yes. Basically, it's because a triangle is a half of a rectangle.
However the triangle is shaped, if the height is perpendicular to the base, then the area would equal to 1/2 * b * h.

Yes, I knwo that, but ya see, well....

I can't find a good image of what I'm talking about.

The triangle isn't really a triangle. It's a shape distorted with those dotted lines to LOOK liek a traingle. I multiplied the base and the height, but i don't know what happened..

I think you should add a Language section. Although I'm not any good at it, might help for people who have to learn foreign languages. And help the buyers of Japanese B/W.

Username: Urara
Subject: Maths and more specifically Statistics

I know you don't have an option for it, but meh, it pops up in Business and Psychology if you don't study it separately.

Yes, I knwo that, but ya see, well....

I can't find a good image of what I'm talking about.

The triangle isn't really a triangle. It's a shape distorted with those dotted lines to LOOK liek a traingle. I multiplied the base and the height, but i don't know what happened..

I think I know what you're talking about. The dashed line is there just to give you the height. So lets say the height is 7in and the base is 4in. So you go 1/2(7)(4) which simplifies to 1/2(28), which gives you an area of 14 square inches. If you still have trouble, you could give the exact measurements, and I could work it out for you.
Posted via Mobile Device

Hmm, I'm not sure how much help I'll be, since I'm only about 14, but I think I'll sign up for a few Social Studies subjects, seeing as I believe myself to be pretty good with them.

Username: vcrmaster
Best subject: Geography, War history, World History

I could help out a little bit. Not a whack since I'm only Gr.7 but a fair bit. I'm considered a whiz in math and L.A, though.
Username: Manic the Hedgehog
Best Subjects:Math(Pre-Algebra) and L.A (Comprehension Tests and Writing)

Username: I am square
Best Subjects: History (US History, World History, Medieval History (It wasn't a category but I took a class on it in the 12th grade)), English (Writing , the AP English tests, speech/debate), Music (basic music theory, didn't take AP test)

Okay, I know I made this thread, but I need help studying for this math test I've got tomorrow. What I'm getting tested on is adding and subtracting fractions.

What I don't really get is how I got the problem 9 - 3 2/5 wrong. I added the placeholder 0/5, but I still got it wrong. I found out my mistake in class during study guide corrections. My answer is 6 2/5, but the real answer was 5 5/6. I've got other problems wrong, too.

So what did I do wrong on that problem?

(And yes, I'm a total noob at math)

I'm not an expert neither, but I can help that out.

When adding or subtracting fractions, converting both into fractions would be easier in my opinion.

9 = 45/5
3 2/5 = 17/5 (15/5 + 2/5)
Thus the answer = 28/5 = 5 3/5

Or if you want to subtract whole numbers first, that's fine.
9 - (3 2/5)
= (1 - 2/5) + (8 - 3) (<-- I just split the nine into one and eight)
= 3/5 + 5

Unless the test asks you to follow a certain progress, there shouldn't be problems. Even so, you can use the above quick methods to check your answer after you follow the required progress anyway.

The real answer doesn't make sense to me, unless I misread your question. In that question, getting an answer with a sixth is impossible.
You meant this, correct?
9 - (3 + 2/5)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom