• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official BMGf Homework Tutor/Help Thread

Username: Kululu
Best Subject: World History

I believe I can help. :3

Username: BlueWartortle
Subjects: Maths (geometry included), Physics (not magnetism), Chemistry (not organic)

I need someone to explain this simply.

Zeno states that for motion to occur, an object must change the position which it occupies. He gives an example of an arrow in flight. He states that in any one (durationless) instant of time, the arrow is neither moving to where it is, nor to where it is not.[11] It cannot move to where it is not, because no time elapses for it to move there; it cannot move to where it is, because it is already there. In other words, at every instant of time there is no motion occurring. If everything is motionless at every instant, and time is entirely composed of instants, then motion is impossible.

I guess it happens because things like zero and infinity don't really exist, but are rather used to better describe the other phenomena (like functions).
That is, there is not a "moment" for real, let alone that all "instants" form the whole. They can help in certain situations, but don't really exist.

I hope I can answer despite I'm not a tutor yet.

Username: Laïka
Best subjects: Technology, Algebra, Language Arts/English, Writing, Proofreading.

Algebra maybe just the basics so far, but I can definitely help a fair bit with the other four.

Username: Froakie
Best Subject: Maths and science

Well it looks like we need no more maths helpers but I'm currently taking a degree in maths so I thought I'd put it. :p
Preferably Physics of Biology but I also took Chemistry so I could help out there, just in how much detail I'm not sure

User: Ashita
Best Subjects: Science Things relating to Animals, Things relating Trains, Geography, History

How can I factorize an equation like 3xy-1-3x+y?

Also, if someone could do (x²-x-2)/(x-2) and leave their traces. Thanks.

For 3xy-1-3x+y, you factorise it by grouping, where you group the terms into two separate groups, and then factorise accordingly.
So it will becomes something like this: 3xy-1-3x+y = 3xy-3x+y-1 = 3x(y-1)+1(y-1) =(3x+1)(y-1)

For (x^2-x-2)/(x-2), you need the factorise the numerator first. Then you will be able to cancel off the like terms.
So it will become something like this: (x^2-x-2)/(x-2) = (x+1)(x-2)/(x-2) = (x+1)

I'm not really sure how to explain the grouping part without confusing you, so I'd leave it to someone else to do it. :x

Also, can anyone explain the formation of meanders, slip off slopes and river cliffs for me? It'd be great if you used inner/outer banks instead of concave and convex banks for the formation of meander! :)

How can I factorize an equation like 3xy-1-3x+y?

Also, if someone could do (x²-x-2)/(x-2) and leave their traces. Thanks.

For 3xy-1-3x+y, you factorise it by grouping, where you group the terms into two separate groups, and then factorise accordingly.
So it will becomes something like this: 3xy-1-3x+y = 3xy-3x+y-1 = 3x(y-1)+1(y-1) =(3x+1)(y-1)

For (x^2-x-2)/(x-2), you need the factorise the numerator first. Then you will be able to cancel off the like terms.
So it will become something like this: (x^2-x-2)/(x-2) = (x+1)(x-2)/(x-2) = (x+1)

I'm not really sure how to explain the grouping part without confusing you, so I'd leave it to someone else to do it. :x

Also, can anyone explain the formation of meanders, slip off slopes and river cliffs for me? It'd be great if you used inner/outer banks instead of concave and convex banks for the formation of meander! :)

Were you aware about that you replied to a two years old post?

User: Autumnbreeze

Best Subject: Has to be English. Not only do I take honors classes, but growing up in a Catholic elementary and middle school does has its advantages. From learning about verbs and adverbs to diagramming sentences, I'm your gal. I'm also pretty good at the composition of essays (intros, theses, bodies, and conclusions) and writing them. Not to mention reading comprehension and the many genres of novels and writing pieces.

I'm also first chair in my music class. I play the piccolo/flute so I can always help with reading music in the treble clef, flute fingerings, and also give help with those crazy runs. I would like to help with rhythm, but that would be a tad bit hard to explain on the internet. I'll try my best with that. Trip-a-let, trip-a-let...

Just let me know if you need help<3

Last edited:
Username: hiphipjorge
Subjects: SAT prep, US History

I almost got a perfect score on my SAT's so if anyone needs some pointers to improve their scores I would be willing to help. I also received a 5 on the AP US History exam.

I'm not sure if this is still being done but here it goes

Username: Pikochu

Subjects: Physics (Non Calc: Mechanics, Optics, E/M and Modern Physics, Calc based: Mechanics and maybe E/M)
Math (Pre-Algebra, Algebra 1+2, Geometry, Trigonometry, Single Variable Calculus 1+2 and Multivariable/Vector Calculus 1+2)

Hi there!
Well...I really need help about these physic exersices. I have to submit them at monday morning so please help me.
-----------------
Here are the exercises:
1)A vector is given by R=2i + j + 3k.
Find:
a) The magnitude of the x , y and z components
b) The magnitude of ''k''
c) The angles between R and the x, y and z axes.

2) Two vectors A and B have precisely equal magnitudes. For the magnitude of A+B to be TWO times longer than the magnitude of A-B , what must be the angle between them?

3) A firefighter in a distance "d" from a burning building directs a stream of water from a fire whose at angle "a" above the horizontal. If the initial speed of the stream is "v" at what height "h" does the water strike the building?

Username: Spyspotter
Best subject: Science (Chemistry, Astronomy, Theoretical/Quantum Physics, Geology, Biology, etc.), Math (Prealgebra), English/Writing (Note that I can not help with five by fives.), Music

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom