• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Fire Emblem Travelog Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Incinerawr

I'm back for you, Star Fox.
Reaction score
So Pokemon has a travelog thread, and so should Fire Emblem. Playing Fates? Conquest, maybe? Tell us what chapter you cleared, your team, etc.. Playing Awakening? How about Echoes? Hell, even Shadow Dragon. This is the place to discuss.

Don't be afraid to ask for advice here, either. And be respectful for players' hard-thought (see what I did there) teams. If you're anything like me and spent hours OCD'ing over the total gold needed for your Heart Seal putting effort into it, you take a sense of pride in what you do.

Currently in a Lunatic Nohr run. Just cleared Ch. 13 in Cheve, a.k.a. Attack of the Rabid Takumi. Died about four times before finally sneaking up on him from behind. Mozu and Niles liked all the Wyverns.

My lineup is so far:

+Mag -Luk Corrin - Lv 17
Felicia- Lv 15
Elise - Lv 15
Silas- Lv 15
Niles - Lv 16
Mozu - Lv 16
Azura - Lv 17
Camilla - Lv 3
Selena - Lv 15
Effie!Percy - Lv 16
Kaze - Lv 15

Waiting on Ninja!Midori and Xanderman to finish it off. Was considering going insane skipping Xander this run due to having Silas and soon-to-be Paladin!Corrin, but lol.

I’m currently playing genaology of the holy war for the first time

Oh man, I tried playing that once. Loved the crap out of it, but for some reason it ended up being deleted. I'm seriously hoping they make a remake of that and the sequel for the Switch. ^^

I'll update my latest in Conquest in a bit. Just woke up and only got a few hours of sleep last night.

Okay, so I'm not gonna post everyone's levels just yet, but I will say that I cleared Voice of Paradise and Black Pillar, the latter of which being laughably easy with my Corrin's Levin Sword. Cleared it in just 9 turns! Corrin's promoted now, and I went to Nina's paralogue to grind Mozu and Kaze's support to an S. My efforts were met with success, and Mozu gained so much exp that she's now a Sniper. I plan on getting Midori soon, passing down Quick Draw, sealing her over to Villager for 1 level to get Aptitude, then switching her to Ninja.

Unfortunately my grand plans to pass Darting Blow to Silas by marrying Selena were dashed, as I found out marriage seals only reflect the spouse's base class excluding Corrin and Azura, etc.. Still, I bought some odd Iron weapons here and there and made some forges, plus a really strong +2 Iron Bow for Niles which will help him along.

Getting Xander next. I want no less than 8,800 gold from Shura, then I'm gonna cook him into a pair of boots. :U

Okay so quite a bit's happened in Conquest. All my units are promoted, and my entire team is assembled. I'm ready to trek into the wild and guide Little Red Saizo to kill his wolf of a grandma... ninja. Kotaro.

Hoo boy. In addition to Conquest I've taken up Binding Blade and Blazing Sword. A brief summary for the three:

CQ: Just got passed the Kitsune Hamlet, and, considering more than half of my army INCLUDING myself is mounted... That was hell. Thank God for Percy. He had to attack stance with Beast Killer Silas for a while but he used it himself at the end to beat Kaden. (Sorry, foxy...)

BB: Just got all the treasures in Ch. 14 aka Nabata Desert, giggled at Rose and Maggie's dialogue. Chad almost got eaten by a Silver Lance Wyvern Lord but Clarine put it to sleep. Dieck later killed it.

Note to self: never use Clarine and Dieck again. Overexposure, and they turn out terrible. Well... Dieck does.

BS (no, not a bad word): Finished the first visit to the Dragon's Gate. The Member Card thief almost slipped away, but Matthew got it under control. Priscilla will appreciate the Physic Staves I purchased, I'm sure. Pretty tame map. Hector leveled up and got all stats, though naturally, Lyn got hit 3 consecutive times by three Nomads when she had 83 Avoid.

Goodbye perfect level up...

I'm in another run of Awakening right now at chapter 15. Before going to the main map I'm shamelessly grinding for levels/supports on paralogue maps. Trying to decide if I want to change Olivia's class. Never really used her before so I cant decide if the dancer class is worth it.

Quick update on my games:

CQ: Just beat Sakura's map (ironically just called 'Sakura'). Berkut (i.e. MU) got Swordfaire and returns once more as a Levin Sword Paladin. That combined with Elbow Room and Defender gives him a total of +9 damage dealt in just about any battle, seeing as terrain is moot. And don't forget Felicia's +3 boost to Mag and personal skill granting another +2 Dmg dealt, plus that tasty +5 Spd. I'm using Vantage and Dragonic Hex for the last two skill slots. He doesn't really need Dragon Fang because you can't proc with a Levin Sword anyway.

But yeah, for once that map was hard. There was a point where the Oni Chieftains, Mechanists and Omnyojis reinforced and cornered Selena on a fort. Miraculously she survived not one, but two turns, long enough for her to get some back-up and wipe 'em out. She went Hero > Kinshi Knight > Bowknight this run, and I'm really proud of how she's performing. Her husband, Silas, wishes he could be better. I'm contemplating sealing him to Hero for four levels or so to get him some better level ups, but that's another 4000 gold investment to return him to Paladin. Too much money...

BB: I recently beat Chapter 16 and Chapter 16x and got the Aerial/Aureola tome. I don't know why people say that Zeis is easy to grind in that map - there's Bolting and Purge users everywhere. I'm not using him this run, granted, but I'd feel pretty sorry if I did. I much prefer to train Fa, which, with respect to the Hammerne Staff, has no qualms about wrecking entire armies. (Except Bows - don't remember if those affect her. I know they affect Myrrh.)

Did okay, I'm on NM after all, thanks to my game glitching and wiping out its data. Can't wait 'til I beat it and go on HM.

BS: Hoo. I beat Chapter 23 (Living Legend), 23x (Genesis) and 34 (Four-Fanged Offense). First one went predictably sucky with only being allowed 8 units in fog of war, but then Kent and Priscilla are mounted so I didn't miss them anyway. This was the big training map for Heath! ... Or not. In fact, he couldn't so much as blink without getting killed and forcing a reset. Literally, he can't take two Mages. He eventually killed Jasmine though once I stole his White Gem. I managed to corner an Archer for the rest of the map and have Matthew collect all the treasure. I brought Ninian along as well to dance and gain EXP for the side-quest.

And that was not fun. Promoted magic users every where! I'd only ever played it a few times on HHM, and for good reason. Bolting, Purge, Eclipse (well no one cares about you) and even a Berserk Staff will threaten you constantly. Oh, and the Magic Seal disappears on turn 3, letting them all use said magic to kill your weak, underleveled units. Eliwood and Lyn bravely faced the Luna Druids (okay, mostly Lyn) and Priscilla was riding to and fro with a Psychic every turn, sometimes twice a turn thanks to Ninian. Heath actually went from level 10 to level 19 at the end of the level, so I think I trained him pretty good. He had to dodge some Boltings at one point, and had to face down several Sages, Druids, even a Sniper! But Wyverns don't fear bonus damage from bows like they do in Binding Blade, but those bows aren't bows. They're freaking missiles.

Four-Fanged Offense went decent. I sold a lot of my junk and got some much-needed Hand Axes and such. Kent has no redemption. His highest stat as a level 20 Cavalier promoted Paladin is 15. FIFTEEN. And his def is like, what, 10? Priscilla almost has as much as him, and she's a dainty healer. I'm not seeing much use for him if he doesn't get some good RNGs other than a ferry.

(So it wasn't much of a quick update. In fact, it took me all morning to write. :U )

I'm in another run of Awakening right now at chapter 15. Before going to the main map I'm shamelessly grinding for levels/supports on paralogue maps. Trying to decide if I want to change Olivia's class. Never really used her before so I cant decide if the dancer class is worth it.

Taking it you're on Hard? Because those Paralogues are near impossible on Lunatic, even Casual. If you're up for some grinding, Olivia makes a great Assassin, especially once she trains her bows. Swordmaster might be a good idea for Swordfaire, too. Don't recommend you go for Dark Flier unless you want Inigo to inherit Galeforce, which will be his only chance of doing so given that it's gender-locked.

This run through is actually just on casual. I've played Awakening so much I just don't have a desire for it other then the story/support dialogues at this point. Paralogues are about the only challenge I want from this game right now. :p Olivia is just one of those characters I've never done a whole lot with. Never been big on the dance/sing actions. Assassin might be the way I go. Normally I have archers galore but in an effort to be different this time I don't have hardly any. I've already got swordfaire on lock down for Inigo because of Donnel.

This run through is actually just on casual. I've played Awakening so much I just don't have a desire for it other then the story/support dialogues at this point. Paralogues are about the only challenge I want from this game right now. :p Olivia is just one of those characters I've never done a whole lot with. Never been big on the dance/sing actions. Assassin might be the way I go. Normally I have archers galore but in an effort to be different this time I don't have hardly any. I've already got swordfaire on lock down for Inigo because of Donnel.

I feel you. I have over 400 hours of gameplay on mine, and I haven't touched it for a year. Only won Lunatic once, ironically. I really have no incentive to use that difficulty because it's just not fair. Conquest is near impossible, but it's still fair. You don't have maxed Paladins with Lancefaire and forged Silver Lances bumrushing you at the very least.

And wasn't Donnel's and Olivia's support something about... swanns?

I feel you. I have over 400 hours of gameplay on mine, and I haven't touched it for a year. Only won Lunatic once, ironically. I really have no incentive to use that difficulty because it's just not fair. Conquest is near impossible, but it's still fair. You don't have maxed Paladins with Lancefaire and forged Silver Lances bumrushing you at the very least.

And wasn't Donnel's and Olivia's support something about... swanns?
Nintendo needs to announce the next FE already so I we don't lose our minds doing another 1000 runs of the old ones.

Their support was Donnel wanting Olivia to perform a dance from a story he liked. I think it sounded an awful lot like the Swan Princess? There was for sure an awful lot of talking about who wished they were which swan.

Nintendo needs to announce the next FE already so I we don't lose our minds doing another 1000 runs of the old ones.

Their support was Donnel wanting Olivia to perform a dance from a story he liked. I think it sounded an awful lot like the Swan Princess? There was for sure an awful lot of talking about who wished they were which swan.

FE Switch was announced at Direct, but nothing concrete. :/

Ahh yeah, hehe, I remember now. Donnel's Aptitude makes him a great dad for anyone... It's just a shame there's no way to get Inigo his canonical pink hair without making a pink MU and marrying Olivia yourself.

Same with Soleil; Felicia comes close but she's salmon pink, not pink pink.

I beat FE6 a week back and am planning my HM run. I also cleared Ryoma's chapter in Conquest, which was surprisingly easy. Berkut fought an epic Levin Sword vs Raijinto battle and prevailed... after downing Takumi's Elixir, two Vulneraries and some Physic heals. Once I learned how to exploit the Azura + Shelter method to kill off the Master of Arms and Master Ninja to the right, it's not a challenge anymore. Niles just kills the two Spy Shurikens when they come. The left is slightly harder, but a 9 movement Xander (or any good movement unit) can hitch a ride up in the upper leftmost corner and bait out three Swordmasters. Also got Elise from Lv 8 to Lv 13 with 90 EXP, so she should get Inspiration soon and I can finally stop feeding her EXP.

However, my day with 7 today was just awful. In the words of Lord Ghirahim, I'm furious! Outraged! Sick with anger! I'm also seriously cheesed off. Everyone, nearly EVERYONE on my team sucks. Kent sucks, Heath sucks, Raven sucks and despite being maxed in Spd + Lucius support always ends up lagging behind or getting hit anyway. Eliwood's meh, Matthew can't Silence (let alone crit) with a 69% and Lyn... don't even get me started on her. She came out atrocious this game, and even with two optimal supports by her side never fails to die. (She has 4 losses on her record already.)

Matthew died today because he failed to dodge Limstella's bolting or a Valkrie. Granted those two have nice accuracy but he was capped at 30 Spd with Hector supporting him. I kept him dead, and once I finished the map I skipped the sidequest. Don't even care anymore, I am so done with this game. Just gonna kill Nergal and restart later.

Despite having the Maybe Katti, Lyn has never pulled her weight in the many times I've used her and can never dodge anything. I'm seriously considering just getting her to level 10-15 and benching her, II don't even CARE if she's forced at the end, I'll just kill Nils off or something. She's just an EXP eater and attracts enemies in all the wrong ways.

I started a play through of Sacred Stones. I guess I'm doing fine so far. No deaths yet, and I made it up to chapter 3. :D

Beat Blazing Sword last night, and I'm just glad to be done with it. I'm starting over on Lyn's mode and going for another run, since I missed some sidequests/items and hated my previous team. I'm on Ch. 8 so far, Florina's Lv. 10 and getting a nice mix of Spd/Lck/Res, even a bit of Str and HP from the Angelic Robe, and Nils is Lv. 5 with 80 some EXP, a few dances away from 7 and thus gaining me access to 19xx if / kill Kishuna.

I won't state my team just yet, but I will say that there are certain units I'm never touching again. Lyn (base 2 def and isn't surviving anything but brigands), Kent (his line should be "I Kent do it!"), Matthew (gets Speed and only Speed, can't dmg, crit or survive even as Assassin with dual support), Raven (over-hyped to the max for his ability to wield Hand Axes over Guy, only said Hand Axes drop his evasion due to Con and will never dodge magic with capped Speed), Heath (is really cool but comes WAY too late and is a total pain to train), consider yourselves crossed-out... Oswin was a'ight, but his move is way too slow for my play style.

I started a play through of Sacred Stones. I guess I'm doing fine so far. No deaths yet, and I made it up to chapter 3. :D

Ooh, are you playing on Normal or Hard? And do you have any ideas for your team?

Normal. I never played the game before so I don't want to turn myself away from it because I chose to play on hard mode. But I don't know who's in this game actually so no idea!

I mean I recognize Eirika, Ephraim, Tana, Innes, Seth, to name a few from heroes.

Normal. I never played the game before so I don't want to turn myself away from it because I chose to play on hard mode. But I don't know who's in this game actually so no idea!

I mean I recognize Eirika, Ephraim, Tana, Innes, Seth, to name a few from heroes.

The game is pretty fun and user-friendly, even on Hard, so you should be fine. All those characters are amazing -- Seth most of all. His bases are high, and he has really solid growth rates and great A weapon levels. I always pair him with Eirika.

A small recommendation, including Eirika and Ephraim you can take +10 other units to the last battle, so don't feel pressured about using too many characters. You get lots and lots of room ^w^

'Kay, so I don't have much time left to write but I'll say I beat Lunatic Conquest in a no DLC/gifts/support grind challenge. Went pretty well but Xander and his beloved pair-up fodder wife Charlotte died bravely in battle. ... Okay, so maybe I put Charlotte in the way of a bunch of enemies, but it was either her or Elise!

Characters to bench indefinitely: Silas. That's right, just Silas. I was going to put down some more but on second thought they had their uses. Silas didn't. Silas just sucked and kept sucking 'til the very end with an Eternal Seal.

Anyhow, here's the blueprints for my next game:

+Str/-Lck MU (Sky Knight) / Keaton
Xander / Charlotte
Camilla / Niles
Leo / Nyx
Arthur / Mozu
Velouria / Percy
Azura / Elise
Rallyman / Bifrost Maid

Marrying Keaton because fluffy doggo needs pets. Also needs Darting Blow. Not sure what class to make Femui, but am leaning towards Hero/Bow Knight which give fantastic growths to herself and great pair-up stats to Keaton.

Dropping Kaze for Xander and replacing with Charlotte because I need to take a break from using him and pair-up bots are much healthier for EXP distribution. Xander can pick up HP+5 and Sol that way, which, alongside Aegis, makes him laugh in the face of Omnyojis.

Camilla going WL this run instead of crappy Bolt Axe Malig Knight, Niles gives her Spd and he likes her class pair-ups.

Leo's going to be a Dark Falcon with Adventurer Nyx (more pair-up bot), I need to grab the DLC first though because, unlike most of you who automatically got it for your Path Bonus, I bought the hard copy of both BR and CQ so my sibs could play it. DF ups his Spd growth to 60%, not to mention the wonders it does on his Mag and Res.

Arthur is yet another pair-up bot for Dreadfighter Mozu, who for her part will do more than Kaze could ever with her high Def and Res growths as well as full weapon triangle access. +7 Str from Zerker Arthur is gonna make her more of a beast than she usually is...

Velouria's getting her stats from +Str/-Lck MU which is superior to Camilla, Velouria's staple best mother, granting her an extra +10% to HP and Str with the exception of a meager -5% Spd. Percy's getting Mozu as his mother and will be very, very happy with Aptitude, and between his natural classes of Wyvern and Berserker he need never worry about getting RNG screwed like a certain Cavalier that shares his same voice actor.

Azura and Elise don't need anyone, although I wish I could pair Azura off with someone else for dual Paralogues... possibly might tag Odin along and have her dance for him to get Ophelia's Paralogue. Spirits + Spirit Dust is just great for Leo. Rallyman with Amaterasu, Rally Skill, Rally Strength and Rally Speed can be swiped from Possessed, and in Treason a Maid with S in staves has instant access to Bifrost for any critical mistakes in Endgame.

And no, I don't Rescue-Cheese Endgame. I fight every enemy down to the last Hexing Rod Basara to get to Takumi and challenge him the fair way.

Last edited:
On Ch. 14 of Lunatic/Classic run of Awakening. Somehow managed to beat Inigo's paralogue with Hero!Donnel Sol procs. Ironically, I didn't do it for Inigo himself, but to buy early Second Seals, since I don't have the easier Paralogues like Severa. I'm using a small team of Chrom, Robin, Lissa, Donnel, Panne, Olivia, Henry and Lucina. Probably should've low-manned and went for five or six, but... we'll see how many skills I can get in this run.

Expecting a long post? lolno

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom