SPOILERS: Official Generation 8 Speculation & Leaks Thread (Updated 22nd Sept 2018)

Discussion in 'Pokémon Video Games' started by Pyrax, Mar 14, 2018.

1. Jukain

Jukain Aka: Sceptile

Blog Posts:
    Well, they usually announce the titles themselves sooner than that. Regardless, the meat of what's in the game usually does start by May. That's why I say I think they are aware that they can't do an unceremonious reveal this time. You have to be impressive out the gate or else you will lose the hardcore audience for good. There are no second chances, you only have one.

2. Myth

Myth Member

Blog Posts:
    Metroid can be important if they make it good and disruptive like Botw. It is a series of relevance, Nintendo could make the game a great success. And I find it very difficult to reach 37 million in time, maybe they'll get close to it (30~32m), but as I said, they will need to use a lot of the marketing power of Pokémon 2019 to do so.

Edit
    About your previous edit about the Nintendo's expectations regarding the 3DS, we are in the second fiscal year of Switch, so I was referring to the second fiscal year of 3DS. If I'm not mistaken, it come close to or exceeded the predictions of Nintendo. Of course, as I said before, the scenarios are different, so it's hard to do a rough comparative analysis.

Nintendo's expectations were very high at the time due to DS. While today, they are low due to Wii U. Nintendo has only the Switch now. Nintendo has already released many of its major releases with Switch. And the 3DS, unlike Switch, had the price cut. But Nintendo has already said they don't intend to do that again (selling hardware at a loss). So they are different scenarios, but the second fiscal year of 3DS was a little more reassuring to Nintendo than Switch's second fiscal year. I think they expected a larger share of the 140 million monthly GO players to buy the console, but that's not what happened, so that's why they are so far from the expected number (reaching 37 million by March).

Last edited: Dec 6, 2018 at 8:08 PM
  3. RileyXY1

RileyXY1 Young Battle Trainer

Blog Posts:
    I highly doubt that we'll have to wait until May to even get the titles of the games unless the games are not Gen 8.

Dotamin likes this.
  4. JakeGower

JakeGower New Member

Blog Posts:
    Metroid would be great as a big, open world game (it is an exploration based shooter after all), with at least a small amount of basic, western action sequences. So yes, like Botw ha ha
    But I can already see Metroid fans everywhere hating this more modern, non-linear concept, so... I dont know. The potential is there. Maybe we will see it today at the TGA (with a lot of screams, and overreactions). I have seen some insiders hinting at a late development begin, close to the 2017 E3 announcement. So a 2020 release date might be more likely.

I hope you are right (y) I might be a little more pessimistic about announcements and always expect a delay lol

Last edited: Dec 6, 2018 at 6:15 PM
  5. BackSet

BackSet Put the stapler down or I will shock you.

Blog Posts:
    Metroid has never been a linier game. It's a metroidvania.

But this isn't the place to talk about that.

6. RileyXY1

RileyXY1 Young Battle Trainer

Blog Posts:
    But, the chances of the games not being Gen 8 are rather low. If they stick to patterns, we should expect an announcement in either January or February.

7. prog rocker

prog rocker Active Member

Blog Posts:
    Well, the wait started since LGPE's announcement, so it's already painful. I guess the only longer wait from announcement to release was the one for GS.

8. SinnohEevee

SinnohEevee Well-Known Member

Blog Posts:
    I thought it was DP, since these games got delayed.

9. Poke Dragon

Poke Dragon The boundary between opposites.

Blog Posts:
    I think traditional remakes have always been announced in May, ORAS definitely did, even if it was just a small teaser, it was still an indirect announcement.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2018 at 8:23 PM
  10. dvor

dvor Lucario best pokemon.

Blog Posts:
    only remakes and third versions are revealed on may, this is a new gen, the reveal should be at april in worst case.

11. prog rocker

prog rocker Active Member

Blog Posts:
    Oh, right. I forgot about DP. I guess I was too young at that moment.

SinnohEevee likes this.
  12. SinnohEevee

SinnohEevee Well-Known Member

Blog Posts:
    First new gen on the Switch. GF should announce it early.

13. nickdt

nickdt Active Member

Blog Posts:
    You mean reveal, since they technically already announced it.

SinnohEevee likes this.
  14. Bullet Club Master

Bullet Club Master Member

Blog Posts:
    No matter what, 2019 is going to be a big year for Pokemon. We have the live-action Pokemon movie in May, the Mewtwo strikes back Evolution film in July and the generation 8 games in late 2019. We will have a lot to keep us busy so that's good.

It will also be a big year for Mewtwo too since not only does he get a film in July but he is rumored to have a big part in the live-action film in May while merchandise leaks are hinting that he may get a new form for Generation 8 so all in all it will be a big year for Pokemon.

I just hope we don't get a repeat of what we have gotten the past several years in the promoting of a new Pokemon game. For SM it was announced in February but we didn't get any solid news about it till May. For USUM it was announced in June but we didn't get any good news till August while for Let's go it didn't get announced till May.

I really hope that when they announce the games they don't do a long period of drought for us but instead give us some information month by month till release, kinda like XY did.

Nicolas721 likes this.
  15. SerenaToAlola

SerenaToAlola Active Member

Blog Posts:
    I'm so sick of Mewtwo, Misty and Brock. Give attention to Wigglytuff instead,

16. Velvet

Velvet Well-Known Member

Blog Posts:
    I know it's doubtful that we'll learn the titles soon but I am curious as to what they'll be named. I hope it's something that none of us expect!

SinnohEevee likes this.
  17. IncineROAR

IncineROAR Darth Ignis

Blog Posts:
    I think our hint will be through trademark filings. I think we'll at least get game titles by February, and maybe a treehouse in March or April

18. Borjitasstoi

Borjitasstoi Member

Blog Posts:
    dont mention of pikachu and eevee and the spiritual references of kanto all the time

Poke Dragon likes this.
  19. colours

colours » when my heart speaks free ⭐

Blog Posts:
    I'm kinda curious on whether or not Game Freak will return to gemstone names for Gen 8 or go the more celestial route like with Sun and Moon.

20. Dieter

Dieter Dieter

Blog Posts:
    Or neither. We've had colours, metals, gemstones, mathematical symbols, and celestial bodies (or are they symbols?). And each of these had something to do with the themes they wanted to put in the games and its mascots. So honestly, it could be anything and it doesn't even have to be directly oppositional.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.